Volume Not Working with VU-Meters

Volume knob not working when VU-Meters are displayed (not even with remote control).
It’s necessary to exit the VU-Meters screen to be able to change Volume.

Is this normal ?!

My unit is the RS201E.

Thanks in advance for your help.

@EdwardPT

Volume can be adjusted even in VU-Meter status.
Let me ask you a few questions.

1. What sound source do you use? For example, Tidal, Qobuz, external USB storage sound source, etc.
  2. What VU-Meter do you use?
  3. Is it possible to adjust the volume on the screen that appears on the album cover other than the VU-Meter status?

Thank you

I’m using both an internal SSD and a Micro SD with MP3, FLAC and DSD files.
The VU-Meter is the blue one (like those used by Machintosh).
When the VU-Meter is displayed the volume knob and the remote control does not change the volume. However using the RoseConnect App (iOS) it’s possible to change volume with VU-Meter displayed.
Without the VU-Meter displayed it’s possible to use the volume knob or the remote control to change the volume.

Thanks again.

@EdwardPT

Currently, the same symptoms do not appear on our side.
And the phenomenon that the volume cannot be adjusted with the BT remote control in the VU-meter screen state will be corrected in the next update.

1. When playing a song on the VU-meter screen, can’t you adjust the volume even if you go to the main screen?
  2. What is your Hi-Ri Rose connection status and In/Out settings?
  3. If you can factory reset the device, please do a factory reset.
    Rose device–>Settings–>System Settings–>Factory reset

Thank you

After reset there is still one issue present - the BT remote does not work in the VU-Meter screen. It becomes totally unresponsive.
Also when playing DSD files it appears to me that the VU-Meter is not as accurate as with other files.
Within the same song the accuracy does indeed change when using the VU-Label Bar (digital).

Thanks again for your help.

@EdwardPT

As I said in the previous answer, the phenomenon that the volume cannot be adjusted with the BT remote control in the VU-meter screen state will be fixed in the next update.

If the VU-meter display is not correct, try changing Rose device–>Settings–>Audio settings–>Vu Meter Reference.

Thank you