VU-Meter do not follow the rhythm correctly

hi, has anyone noticed that the vu-meters do not follow the music well especially since the last update? I remember well that they worked perfectly when I last used them at the beginning of the year while now the indicators are always close to the maximum values ​​of their scale. I find it very strange that no one has reported or noticed this thing since I have 3 other friends who own the RS150B and they have also noticed this thing.

2 Likes

Yes i noticed that also and with airplay 2 now vu meter doesn’t work (rs-250a)

@Hunter
The movement of the VU needle is determined by the output.
When playback is stopped, the needle moves to the minimum value of VU. I checked it based on the information you posted.
It appears that the UI and needle of Rose FM and its VU Types will need to be adjusted.

We are currently requesting modifications from the development team.
We will modify the VU needle movement so that it can be applied to future versions.

@Jimibxl

Currently, VU meter can be used for music file (SSD, USB Storage, Network sharing) playback, Tidal, Radio, Podcast, and DLNA functions. (For reference, if Native or DOP Mode is used for DSD playback, the VU meter needle will not move)

Through future updates, we plan to support VU meter when using Rose Tube, Roon Ready, AirPlay, and CD Play.
In the near future, we will also try to support VU mode in Roon Ready. However, there are no plans for DSD yet.

thanks for the reply, I attach an image that shows the V-Meters almost at maximum with any song in Qobuz or via SSD. Only if the song being played has a low voice do the V-Meters go down and as soon as it starts playing the V-Meters immediately move to the maximum values ​​… some time ago (I think with the previous update) the V-Meters worked very well but it had been a long time since I used them :sweat:

What system version are you on? I am running latest 'official version‘ and use Qobuz with the VU meters operating as they should. Specifically checked after reading your post. :thinking:

On my 150Б what a problem. I hope it will be fixed soon!

it’s the same for me and it’s unpleasant, I prefer not to use VU meters anymore because I’m always angry afterwards.

They don’t work properly for me either, they have little dynamics

I have hundreds of CD’s I ripped to FLAC from the 80’s and 90’s that the VU meter follows perfectly. The meters are RMS, not Peak so they are not going to be moving fast like a PEP meter. Once the Volume wars started music was recorded much much louder then back in the day with little headroom. Agree, music recorded within 15 years the meter just stays pined to the corner until the music stops. It would be nice if the meters would have a gain control to adjust for louder recordings. I could be totally wrong on the theory.

Dear Hi-Fi Rose users

I don’t know the status of all users’ Vu reference settings.
It appears that Rose device–>Settings–>Audio settings–>Vu meter reference is set to output gain.

If it is set to output gain, the power amp operates like a power meter linked to the volume.
If you change the setting to input gain, it will operate as an input level meter and the gauge’s movement width will increase as you want.