VU meters issue

while playing SACD and DSD files the VU meter are stock all the way like in the picture. all other music they are fine. Any ideas why this is happening ?

It seems that in dsd the instrument measures only the maximum peak. I think it is not possible to do otherwise due to the different sampling frequency of the signals and their processing. . Rose’s technical staff will be able to clarify the reason.

I still waiting for rose people to chime in. Am I the only one with the VU meters issue?

Hello,

When playing DSD, ROSE device have to put the sound source to DAC exactly as it is, without conversion. Therefore, the PCM information is not known and the VU cannot be accurately displayed.

In the input/output setting, if you look at the pre-output part setting, there is a DSD mode.
If you change the setting to DSD to PCM instead of the Native DSD option, VU can be operated based on PCM information.

I did change the dsd mode to pcm. The meters are working better But the sound is weaker. Quality is better DSD native. Thanks for the help

Ah, this helps explain this. It might be better to then disable VU meters for DSD p
playback just to avoid confusion.

1 Like