What is the average age of a RS 130 Buyer

I don’t know the answer to this question but I hope the Rose folks do. It would help design menu and content choices if the content were focused on the desires of prospective purchasers.
I would guess that given the price point of the HiFi Rose equipment that we’re not talking about teenagers or even young adults. They can’t afford it. If you take a look at the pictures of the users’ equipment besides the HiFi Rose, it’s obvious that one has to be a serious dedicated audiophile with a fair amount of disposable discretionary income. Do I say this to be snobby. No, not at all. I’m just trying to identify the demographic who will be prospective purchasers.

How would looking at RoseConnect this way - to appeal to the purchasing demographic- look as an educated guess? The average buyer is:
1)male average age 45.
2) Top third in income
3) Technically savvy
4) Has a history of buying progressively better hifi equipment
5) Is not equally interested in all music but has over the years focused on a specific area of music and has created a collection of that music so he’s in essence a collector

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this demographic could be enticed by revising the software to appeal to the identified group? Any other suggestions/corrections as to who the average buyer is?

StandardModel

I think definitely Rosetube recommendations is targeting completely the wrong demographic and is a lost opportunity. After excitedly browsing it for the first time, I was extremely confused on the 4 or 5 recommended playlists that were offered. I have a made post on this. Hifi Rose is missing the boat on this 100%. I agree with your assessment of the average demographic. The music and video recommendations should be targeted towards that, and in my opinion jazz and rock are the most listened to genres. Rap, hip hop and K pop (sorry Koreans) is not what most people buying a Hifi Rose product are listening to. I don’t ever use the Rosetube app and am extremely disappointing on this because it was one of the selling points for me.

Too low, IMO. At this price point in high end audio it’s more likely 50 (if not higher).

1 Like

Tony22,

I think you’re right. I was being too conservative. I would love to see HiFi Rose do an owners survey to confirm this. Assuming you are correct then my argument that what HiFi Rose is pushing in terms of content (which the owners cannot modify!) is even more off base.

Bottom line: kids who would go for Rap or Hip Hop can’t afford this high end equipment so why push their content on us and force us to have it on our menus?

StandardModel

Good question. Maybe the old men in the HiFi Rose homeland have broader tastes than we do!

Tony22,

Perhaps so but then they are selling, not buying. I’m OK with whatever their tastes in music may be but as a buyer, I prefer the option to cater to my own (very different) taste in music. I do not want to pay for someone else’s taste in music.

StandardModel

There was a bit of jest in my reply, but yes I agree with you.

Your “jest” was spot on.

I’m 57 and just bought the RS-520. I loved the 130, but I wanted the integrated amp. I came over to HiFi Rose from a Bluesound Node X.