When RS150 receives digital signals and outputs digital signals again, is it output through DAC?

Q)
When RS150 receives digital signals and outputs digital signals again, is it output through DAC?

A)
When exporting digital inputs to digital outputs, the DAC of RS150 is not used.
It sends the input signal as a digital signal as it is.

If the output format does not support the input format, perform Resampling or change the Bit Depth to make it compatible and export it.

So, if I connect 150B’s USB or SPDIF output to a external DAC it will only send streamed/file signals in their original resolution, i. e., it is impossible to send upsampled data from it to a external DAC, right?
In that situation, will the XLR analog outputs still work (in order to compare 150B vs. DAC analog out), or not?

@Lellis

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We will answer your questions.

1. It seems to be because the Resample rate is set to Original in the PCM Resampling function.
    Is the output in the original resolution even if the resample rate is changed?
  2. SPDIF output and analog output can be output simultaneously.
    USB output and analog output cannot be output simultaneously.

Thank you

Thanks for your reply.
So, just to confirm, file/streamed data upsampled by the 150B CAN be sent through USB/SPDIF outs to an external DAC.
SPDIF output is limited to 192 KHz PCM, USB can go up to 768 KHz, is that right?

@Lellis

Even if your external DAC supports PCM up to 768kHz, it only supports up to 384kHz…

Is the analog output disabled with an USB cable connected to the USB output? In fact, for the sake of comparison of the analog output performance from 150B versus an external DAC, I would just alternate between them by changing the source on the preamp, one at each time.

@Lellis

Even if your external DAC is connected via USB to the RS150b, you need to change the output settings in the in/out settings.
USB output and analog output cannot be output simultaneously.

Thank you