When using an external USB DAC, is it possible to control the volume through the ROSE device?

Hello, this is HiFiRose.

Q)
When using an external USB DAC, is it possible to control the volume through the ROSE device?

A)
It depends on which DAC you are using. DAC made to be compatible with UAC(USB Audio Class) are volume controlled in ROSE. For devices that do not support this function, the volume cannot be controlled through ROSE.
There is no option to fix volume of ROSE device when external DAC supports UAC.
Unfortunately, we don’t know all of which DAC supports UAC.
Please check if the DAC supports UAC.

Hello,

So for example does the Chord Mojo 2 support USB audio class? I can’t find the information.

I found that the internal DAC of my Rose RS201 lacks transparency when I plugged my Astell&Kern SR25 as external DAC. But the volume could be changed on the device only.

Regards

Narito

Hello,

If you connected your RS201 to your Chord Mojo 2 with USB and you couldn’t control volume in RS201, I guess Chord Mojo 2 doesn’t support USB audio class 2.0 volume control.
If you still hope to adjust volume with RS201, go to IN/OUT Settings and setup of USB OUTPUT.
You will see ‘Software volume control’, put in ‘ON’ and apply.

Hi Roseloa, it works! I’m impressed, thank you. I can now use the volume knob I just repaired, while I’m using an external DAC.