When will Rose support TIDAL Hi-Res FLAC streaming

@ROSEHAN Recently TIDAL started making Hi-Res FLAC tracks available owing to the demise of the MQA format.
Do ROSE have a timeline as to when they will update the Rose TIDAL app to enable Hi-Res FLAC streaming direct from TIDAL?

My current updated playlists play fine through the official TIDAL App on MAC or PC and streamed through an external DAC are full 192KHz or 96KHz FLAC. The same playlists streamed through my ROSE RS150B are streamed in MQA.

1 Like

That can only happen after Tidal releases the new SDK to device manufacturers. AFAIK it hasn’t happened yet, but supposed to be somewhat soon…

@BorisM Thank you for your time to respond to this question which was posed to Rose for clarification. Your response is understood and have previously read speculations on other forums that Tidal SDK platform updates will follow later in the year of 2023.

@ROSEHAN If “Tidal Connect” was implemented on this platform then this would not pose a problem as would have been rolled out now by default by Tidal. The “Rose” bespoke Tidal implementation on the numerous Rose streamers is something the Rose development team need to consider and clarify in their product advertising as is not in line with expected Tidal streaming support on the majority of other streaming solutions. As a prospective purchaser, it is easy to overlook that Tidal is supported on Rose products but as a bespoke solution with various limitations.

It is appreciated that Tidal have changed their streaming music track qualities, but with this high end Rose streamer solution, it is expected that there is collaboration with the streaming vendors to deliver the most up-to-date streaming services as and when they change. Have not seen any formal announcement on how Rose will deliver the “Hi-Res” FLAC streaming changes by Tidal and how they will address it - only committed users speculating on what may happen in the coming months.

Would welcome a formal response from Rose for all Rose current and prospective customers?

5 Likes

ROSE is at the moment very bad in responding to user requests as, in my opinion, the limits of the competence of their programmers has been reached. Lately nothing gets done anymore. I never would buy any of their machines as it’s all about show features and not about usability features like a proper shuffle feature :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

I bought Rose RS150b and I am seriously considering selling it due to the company’s incomprehensible policy. I’ve tested the DMP-6, which is functionally superior to the RS150b and is not far behind in terms of sound. All you need is a good DAC and the problem is solved and it will still be cheaper than RS150b.

Dear Rose Team, the world does not end with Rose HiFi.

Regards

Bruab, can you give it a rest please! All I see you do is complain about your demand. Grow up. No matter how often you keep whining, you won’t get your sweetie.

Show some civility.

2 Likes

From other sources: TIDAL Hi-Res FLAC Rollout

“Currently, HiRes FLAC is only available streaming directly from iOS, Android, Desktop or web browser. Support for TIDAL Connect, Sonos, and Chromecast will be coming later in 2023.”

iOS and Android are currently supported which would suggest 3rd Parties should be able to implement this support on their streamers? Unless this means for the official TIDAL Apps only on iOS & Android? It does also say TIDAL Connect will follow.

@ROSEHAN Can you please comment when ROSE will implement the ability to stream Hi-Res FLAC from TIDAL.
Thank you.

Directly from Tidal apps.

Dear Rose users

Regarding the recent Tidal HiRes FLAC (MAX) feature, we tried to add this feature as quickly as possible, but it seems difficult to support it until the Official Tidal API is released.
We requested an API update related to this feature from Tidal, but received a response that it is not yet ready.
We are prepared to support the API as soon as Tidal releases it.

Below is the official response received from Tidal.
Please note.

TIDAL’s partner API is not ready yet with the Hi-Res Flac support.
We will keep you posted and provide a new client ID once it’s done and ready, probably later in 2023.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @ROSEHAN

TIDAL Hi-Ress FLAC now available to stream on Rose since version 4.15.12.

1 Like