Where to get a RS520?

I live in Germany and it seams there is a big hype or there are not enough units of the RS520 out there.
Maybe it is the apple trick. Produce less to get the hype!
By the way, I’ve got one but it’s broken and I need a replacement but my dealer is still waiting for the new delivery.

Coincidentally, I received mine on Dec. 12 and it too is broken. The dealer has brought in a replacement which will be shipped presently. The availability is still limited because it is new to market. The silver colour option is not yet available at all, it seems, only the black version. Another local dealer with whom I spoke this week said that he got only two units in.

1 Like

I just hope, it won’t brake too often! Well, the hype is real.

Hello
my first order arrived with a broken display.
but a new one was sent immediately. That was in November

greetings from Germany

And, how do you like the sound? Anny issues?

I’m very satisfied
Had the evo 150 before but it had a little too little steam for my dynaudio.
he still has a few teething problems in the service
e.g. I can’t select a cd in the slider for ripped cds

1 Like

I received mine one week ago, in a Linton bundle (rs520& Lintons with a nice discount, a Black Friday deal). I only could test it for a couple of hours, because one of the loudspeakers had a faulty tweeter. I’ve just received a replacement and in a couple of days I’ll be able to test them again, plugged with a Supra XL cable, and I’ll tell you.

1 Like

If you are such an Hifi expert why don’t you just recommend a couple of better streamers with a detailed sound stage, a huge screen and a brilliant phone app? I’ve been looking for one for months, and when I had the winner… rs520 appeared and I’m really happy with it. Smooth, bright and clear sound. Ease of use, despite the clumsy OS and a lack of basic ergonomics in app design. Yes, it has a few oddities like no internal Bt or Wifi, no Chromecast (luckily there still are available Chromecast Audio devices), no phono input (just ordered a Moon 110) or subwoofer output and lots of weird stuff that it’s hardly used. The huge screen also needs better GUI to make the most of it. But I’ve seen a company that listens to their customers and try to solve most of the many issues on a daily basis. And every single day I just want to enter my workplace, switch on my 520 and spend hours enjoying every single moment. I know we are early adopters and there’s a chance we’ll regret our choice, but please do not ruin the hopes about our devices.

1 Like