Why no video support outside "RoseTube"?

This last few months of rebuilding my HT and audio gear has me scratching my head on one big issue I have not seen explained properly: Namely., why do you need to spend hundred and thousands of dollars to get a proper 2ch audio streaming device but full 4K UHD video with HDR, and full surround formats (from both Dolby and DTS) can be done in small devices around $100 ($150 for an Apple TV seems to be the “high end” and $25 dollar FireTV USB dongles at the low end, with many options between them (I run a Roku Ultra personally.) ???

Why is my RS250 not capable of being my ALL things streaming - audio and video? We know you can build the streaming apps (Netflix, Apple+, Disney+, etc) on an Android OS already. Obviosuly all the HW needed for video streams is inexpensive, why not add it to these high dollar music streamers?

Netflix, Apple +, Disney +, etc. are now present on all smart TVs, why should there also be on Rose? Among other things, the audio of a film can be conveyed in the on-board converter of Rose, obtaining a much higher quality than the various commercial devices

1 Like

Yes, exactly, everything you need hardware wise would seem to already be in these music streamers.

Hello,

Please check this post.

That’s really disengenous answer honestly.

Someone is going to do this and do it right. I can’t wait. I really couldn’t care less about yoru ROSE software, I do everything today from Roon.