XMOS 3147! Worse Sound Quality!

After loving my RS150 for the last year, after doing the XMOS 3147 update, the sound quality is A LOT worse.

The sound is nothing less than FLAT.

I really hope the next update corrects this bring back the OPEN signature this machine had.

Has anyone else experienced this?

@RICHARD

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We did a firmware update because of the recently released RS130.
There may be a difference in sound quality when updating the firmware.
However, when compared to the previous version, the latest version, XMOS 3147, has not been modified in terms of sound quality.
Still, I have forwarded your information to the software team.
They said that they will be reviewed again and the parts that need to be corrected will be corrected.

Thank you

Please accept my upmost apologies!

For some context, ever since buying this product I have always had it powered down in Standby, for some reason it was fully powered off for around a week at which point my son powered it back on and installed the updates. Meaning my following listening experience was a result of the streamer being powered off for a week and not warmed up. I overlooked this and immediately thought it was down to the XMOS update.

I would like to add that I worked in Hifi Retail for the last 40 years of my working career, my last job being for the renowned KJ West One in London, UK. So Iā€™m not a casual listener. The RS150 surpasses 95% of the products I worked with at any price point.

It really is that good and I really appreciate and commend what you have achieved as a company.

So please, again, accept my apologies.

2 Likes