About Qobuz & my RS 150B

I setup Tidal okay without any issues. I added Qobuz and created an account with my laptop and payment method. When I tap the Qobuz icon and select a song I get the message “The Sound Source cannot be Shared According to the Qobuz Policy” But the only device I’m trying to stream a song from is the streamer. I haven’t tried to stream from my laptop, and I went as far as making sure I was logged out of my Qobuz account and powered down the laptop for a good hour with the same results. I tried to contact their help but waited for almost an hour. So what am I doing wrong that I can’t stream from my player?

thanks

Did you log in to your Qobuz account on the Rose?

1 Like

Hello yes, I did login to Qobuz on my streamer. The song will play for 30 seconds and just quits. I’d really would like to use their service as it seems like they have more Hi-Res songs than Tidal. Thank you for the reply.

At the end you’ll find a solution. Hope that works.

Hello again and many thanks, it did work, and I wanted to give it overnight to make sure it was going to continue to work. I’m really happy as it seems this streaming service has a larger collection of Hi Res music.

Blair