Any chance to get a ROON app on the RS150/RS250 for better integration?

Hi Guys,

An issue I’ve noticed with the ROON integration is that if the device was put in standby and then turned on again, it’s impossible to simply press play to continue playback of where it was last time, as the connection between the RS250 and ROON is now ‘broken’.

If we had an actual ROON application on the RS250, then it would perhaps be possible to resume playback, similar to how this is possible with Tidal or Qobuz for example.

I admit a simple solution would be to never put the RS250 in standby, but this seems wasteful… If there was an option to turn off the display (not Standby, but just the display) after x amount of inactivity, this would also resolve the issue…

Thanks

I don’t think that’s possible, because all my other roon endpoints with remote controls from Matrix Audio, Lumin and Naim showing the same behaviour.
You must use in this case (device in standby) the Roon remote app for forwarding the play.

I’ve discussed this issue also with Peter (the chef firmware developer from Lumin)…

Hi Burki,

I understand that this is normal :slight_smile:

But as the RS devices can run apps, contrary to other endpoints, I could imagine a Roon client App would mitigate this issue as it could reconnect to the server and resume streaming. Similarly to what one can do when running the ROON client from an android device, connected to a DAC.

This would also mean that from the front interface of our RS Device we could access our ROON server and start music directly. :grin:

1 Like

Also Rose can only use, what Roon delivers.
The API for remote control (you’ve to control the Roon core) is the only interface, you can use to control the playback and also the sleeping modus is defined from Roon and after that (this is your problem) you can’t restart the replay via Rose remote.
What Rose can do is (for me a fake solution) a “special soft sleep” (which would mean only display off) and then you shouldn’t use the sleeping modus in Roon and so you must after finishing hearing manually shutdown the Rose item.
For me this isn’t a solution and for selecting und starting music via Roon you must have in rvery case an external remote app and also you can set the Roon sleep from 15 minutes until 2 hours.

I agree. Rose is great but it has certain limitations. I enjoy my player when complicated issues like this do not occur. I don’t think things should be so complex. I still have faith the rose team will address more limitations between roon and rs150/rs250. Take care and good luck