Change of designation on the display after repair of RSA 150B

My ROSE RSA 150B is repaired and I listen to quality music again thanks to streaming through this device. But I have a few questions. After replacing the whole audio board, some information started to appear differently than before, I want to ask you to explain this change.

Before the repair, the inscription ROSE 150B appeared in the upper left corner of the display and now the inscription ROSE 28 appears, but when I look at the information “System info”, the Model RS 150B is marked here.
When I turn on the signal path information, the information “Full MQA” appeared before the correction and now “MQA Authenticator” appears

Sidonius

Curious, why was your 150b in need of repair. What issues were you having. +

Hello,

ROSE-28 is just for users who have many ROSE devices, so that they can identify which one is the device he is using. If you hope to change it, touch ‘ROSE-28’. The system will reboot and change the name as you want.

Where do you see the ‘MQA authenticator’? In the ROSE APP?
If you’re using analog output from RS150B, it should be full MQA.
If you’re using digital output, MQA depends on your DAC.
Please let me see the signal path.

Thank you,

Hello,
thank you for the advice and really I see an the MQA authenticator In the ROSE APP.
Please write me instructions on how I can send you pictures, it will be possible to explain it better. I can’t attach a picture attachment.
I use only and still analog output from RSA 150B.
Signal path:
Tidal source (FLAC xx bits xx kHz 2ch - ROSE RS 150B - MQA Authenticator - Output Analog
Thank you.

When activating the RS 150 input that I use, the analog outputs Balanced and Unbalanced stopped working for me and I could not activate them on the display, so they were still white. They were activated only in one case when I activated the USB IN input. I sent the RS 150 to a workshop and the entire interior of the RS 150 replaced me at the workshop. Now everything works flawlessly.
Sidonius

Hello,

Is this where you checked your signal?
If you can take a screenshot of your phone screen and upload, please do so.
If you can’t please write down the words in here.

In your RS150B → IN/OUT Settings, would you turn off every digital outputs?
(USB, HDMI, AES/EBU, OPT, COAX, I2S OUT)

Hello,
The outputs are switched on in the RS 150B IN / OUT settings:
Signal Path on ROSE App Phone:

I have already changed the designation from RS 28 to RS 150B on the display according to your instructions and thank you very much for the advice.

I still want to add information to the Signal Path, before the RS 150B repair I had the same information in the Signal Path as you have now, so “MQA Full Decoder” and after the repair I have the information in the Signal Path “MQA Authenticator”
I have a question, what is the difference between MQA Full Decoder and MQA Authenticator? So are they identical but just marked differently?
Thank you for your help, Sidonius

Hello,
Seems like you’re using digital output, which means your MQA settings will be changed depending on your DAC.

Leave the ports activated in yellow box only.
AES, I2S, OPT, COAX OUT that you activated is for digital outputs.
(Or, the DAC you’ve connected to may be configured to accept digital inputs.)

4b69b985c209a7f2cf126a6ed86e8ec53612934a_2_690x164

Hello,
Thanks for the help, I don’t know I that I still have the digital outputs are activated . I only use analog XLR outputs, ie Balance, and from those I have an input to XLR, ie Balanced to my amplifier. I will try everything and write you the result of what has changed. You can see you’re good at it and you’re an expert. You help me a lot. Thanks again. Sidonius

Hello,
thank you very much for the help in setting up the ROSE RS - 150B, everything works and I am satisfied, the RS - 150B software update and also the ROSE App update took place yesterday. The only change after the Update ROSE App. is the green designation of the icon see. picture.

Screenshot_20220209-140726_Rose_Hifi

Hello,

I’m glad it worked out well.

The green dot is added from last update.
It means that your ROSE APP is connected to your RS150B properly.
For more information about update, check this post.

Hello,
Thank you very much for the information and they really helped me, I am very happy for your advice and help. When I turned on the device for the first time after the ROSE repair and all the shortcomings in the settings jumped out at me and they bothered me a lot. I kept thinking in vain how to eliminate these shortcomings, no one could and could not advise me, so I respect you very much and I am glad for your willingness. Please, I will be very happy if you continue to help me, explain, advise and answer my questions. Thank you also for explaining and describing the ROSE and ROSE App updates.

Hello,
Please have a few questions. Together with RS 150B, I also bought the CD mechanic RS 780. This CD drive along with RS 150B takes care of perfect sound when playing from the CD. This feature on CD drive is filled with USB Isolator adopted and when the switch is turned on to the ON or OFF?
Thank you

hello?
i have a question, I recently bought the Rose150B and connected the balanced to the main amplifier
and the onbalanced on a surround amplifier for the whole house.Is this allowed?
Wher can I find a full owners manual for the Rose 150b. There are so many faeturs on the dac but not enough guidelines for it. `
I’m from Belguim an speak Dutch, my English isn’t very good to understand everyting.

Hallo,
stuur me een Whatsapp-contact en ik stuur je de hele handleiding.

Sorry voor mijn erg laat antwoord. Ik ben FRANK VANTVELT WHATS APP. 0468130212
Bedankt bij voorbaat
Frank

Hello,
I only use connected the balanced to the main amplifier Vincent SV 700 with my ROSE 150B.
I will send you the operating instructions for ROSE to your Whatsapp 0468130212
150B. If you want, I will also send it to your email, my email is: suinodis09@seznam.cz

Hi Roseola,
I’m writing again about the MQA Decoder vs MQA Full Decoder settings. If you remember, I had MQA Autheticator set in Signal Path and you advised me to turn it off in Output Digital, I did that and indeed after turning it off, MQA Full Decoder turned on, but after some time and several Updates, MQA Full Decoder disappeared and instead, only MQA Decoder was set by itself, I got advice from my friend to try again to turn on analog+digital on the output, but before that I was set by MQA Autheticator in Signal Path, you told me why I was doing it and now when I turned on the output again Analog + Digital, so I have MQA Full Decoder set to Signal Path again.
Please explain to me what this confusion is and why it is one way and the other time that way. I am sending pictures in the attachment.
Thank you for your time and willingness. Sidonius

Roseola