External Wi-Fi dongle for the RS 150 with a stronger signal?

Hello,

In the place where my RS 150 is located, there is a very weak wifi signal and often loses connection with the app. I used a wifi extender but it didn’t help much. I decided to replace the factory-added USB WiFi dongle with a new one with a stronger signal and an external antenna for better coverage. I connected TP Link Archer T9UH (USB 3.0 AC1900), but unfortunately it does not work. Even the voltage itself on the USB port is different, because the control lamp does not come on, not to mention the impossibility of installing drivers. My question is what parameters must a USB WiFi dongle have to work with the RS 150 without any problems? Do you know any specific models of such devices that would help me strengthen the WiFi signal?

Thank you,
Gregory

I can be mistaken but the dongle that comes with RS150 in bluetooth dongle, not wifi. Wifi module is located inside on the board

No, this is WiFi and BT dongle. In RS 150 there is no WiFi module on the mainboard.

Hello,

A dongle that has been tested for compatibility is required for RS150B.
Unfortunately, there’s no dongle you can in the market for now as there’s no other tested models.

How far way is the router from RS150B? Also, is there any obstacles?
Have you tried both 2.4G or 5G WIFI?

Hi,
Yes, I tried both 2.4 and 5G WiFi. 5G runs better. I’m also using WiFi signal repeater located 2m from the RS150. Music transfer from my computer is 5-8 Mb/s but unfortunately very often the Rose Connect Premium app on my iPhone cannot find the device. It’s a little better on the iPad.

I am hoping there is a better dongle that has been determined to work with the RS150B. Please update this thread with current answer- Thanks!

Dear users

The dongle below is a WIFI/Bluetooth dongle compatible with RS150B and RS520.

1. NEXT 531WBT from Easynet Ubiquitous
  2. NEXT 1265WBTA from Easynet Ubiquitous

I know that the dongle is difficult to purchase in countries other than Korea.
If you would like to purchase, please contact the distributor in your country to inquire.

Thank you

1 Like