HIFI Rose OS Roadmap

Is there a roadmap to show where the product enhancements are going? While I love my 150B, I can’t help but to acknowledge that the new Eversolo unit at 1/4 the cost has not only brought hi-res Apple Music natively, but also has more apps in there closed off store. The largest difference appears to be the os version of android leading the way. Is there a plan on the horizon?

5 Likes

Carnel,

You are correct.
Rose needs to spend much more attention to Rose Connect.
Progress now would be much appreciated. Absent that, a roadmap may convince users to hang in there until the progress is realized provided it’s not too long.

Clearly, the lead they had to justify the price gap above the sub $1k DACs has evaporated.

StandardModel

2 Likes

When you mentoned hi-res Apple Music, that is what I really don’t understand why/how HiFi Rose can’t let us listen to the Hi-Res. I can listen to it without any problem on my Astell & Kern DAP and just don’t understand why the Apple Music App on Rose devices can’t. They are all modified Android.

Dear Hi-Fi Rose users

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Only Apple hardware or software developed by Apple products and apps support lossless music.
Since the app (software) on the Android phone was also developed by Apple, it supports lossless sound sources.

So, until now, Apple hardware or software supports only up to aac256 bps unless it is a product or app developed by Apple.

For hi-fi audio equipment, I think Apple Music will gradually expand technology disclosure.
If Apple releases this part in the future, we will be able to apply it.

Thank you

If Apple Music App developed by Apple support lossless music seamlessly, why don’t HiFi Rose let user use it than using the one you provide ? Any reason behind ?
Thanks

@Alfred

We didn’t support Apple Music from the beginning. While using the software to support Tidal and Qobuz, Apple Music was supported at the request of many people. In the process of supporting Apple Music’s lossless music, we found out that our software does not support Apple Music’s lossless music.

Thank you

OK, thanks for the information

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate you acknowledging Apple Music but the purpose of the question was regarding the overall roadmap for the platform. Apple Music was a small part but others have died about Chromecast, Radio improvements, etc. What sets the Rose platform apart from others can’t solely be RoseTube. RoseFM and radio show promise but with https support, these are very limited niche functions.

@Carnel

This is the Software Roadmap for the rest of the year that I currently have delivered.

Thank you

8 Likes

Thank you very much, this is great news.

Really helpful to have an idea of future improvements to RoseConnect.

Is there any plan to provide a true internet Radio station function ie, a database of all 30,000 stations searchable by genre or metadata such as VTuner of StreamMagic? If so, when? Could this be part of the “Media Scan” function?

Standard Model

@StandardModel

Sorry to tell you, but we do not plan to support VTuner of StreamMagic.
We plan to develop and support the RoseRadio app.

Thank you

Thanks and really glad to know what’s coming. On the other hand, if CD-Ripping allows selection of NAS drive will be great. I am not sure if all Rose users are storing the music on the local SSD. For me, I am storing them on NAS. Apart from CD-Rip, I am also buying tracks from website like HDtracks, HiFitracks and have my purchase stored on my NAS. For now, ripping a CD via my RS520, I have to copied the tracks from the SSD or USB to my NAS after ripping. I have then rescan the library on the NAS and SSD.

Developing the RoseRadio app is fine. I was just using those apps as an example of the functionality which currently isn’t in the RoseRadio and needs to be.
Is making this necessary functionality in the current roadmap? Is it part of the "Media Scan function you listed in your roadmap? If not, do you have an estimated date for its availability?

@StandardModel

These are the roadmaps we laid out at the beginning of the year.
The roadmap plan may be delayed due to unforeseen additional work.
And the date of the Media Scan function we listed in the roadmap is hard to tell even roughly.

Thank you

Rosehan,

When you have your next planning meeting, might I suggest that you consider establishing a Beta testing group for assistance in testing your early software releases. I think that some of your user group members who are willing to volunteer their time, could be very helpful in making the software both more stable and error free as well as suggesting enhancements.

Thank you.

StandardModel

4 Likes

@StandardModel

Thank you for your comments.
I will forward your comments to our software team.

Thank you

With HiFi Rose they seem to be more interested in new product rather than improving the products they already sell.
I quite like my HiFi Rose 201 but it could be so much better with a few changes and the lack of some functionality does get a bit waring over time.
The large screen which is HiFi Roses standout function could easily be copied by other manufactures so HiFi rose really need to be ahead of the game with developing new functionality like for example being able to install apps.
The Logitech Squeezebox range did a lot of the functionality for a lot less money.
I worry they will disappear in a few years unless they pull their finger out.

1 Like

@Colin I could not agree more. Two areas that are sorely underpowered with Hifi Rose are customer support post sale (as you can see this is the only venue for support and often inquires go unanswered for days, weeks, months, etc) and software development. It is almost as a 3rd party wrote the customized Android software under a contract agreement, finished the product and handed the “finished,” product off to HifiRose. The folks like RoseHan and other Hifi Rose employees are so far out of the loop that we may never know if real fixes are underway or if Hifi Rose has moved onto newer more shiny products. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to not see Hifi Rose evolve with their growing customer base.

@ROSEHAN will the new rose platform in December allow for the implementation of tidal connect?

Many thanks,
Hervé