Hifi Rose will not last long

I’ve had the 250a for about 4 months. Bought the device due to the cool user interface. Now I understand that that UI is exactly what is killing the experience. Problems like not being able to log in, restarting every few minutes, just playing random music not in any of your pjaylist, Rosetube looping videos despite repeat being off are just some randon problems I have encountered in just 4 months. My car and other devices I have are from a UI perspective a lot more complicated but work fine. The rs250a always has new issues when I turn it on. In fact looking at all fora, its clear I am not the only one. Most ridiculous is, that the company actually is a software development company developing professional solutions.
Thats probably the biggest joke.
Hifi Rose will probably die as fast as they came into market. This company has zero understanding of bringing a functional consumer product to market

4 Likes

Dear friend, I always read the same thing regarding the use of the product regarding streaming, platforms, applications, etc., etc.

In my case, I use it as a DAC with a display to navigate my hard drive, I can tell you that I am very satisfied with the product and the audio quality, it is excellent! I have never, ever, but never used my RS250A for streaming or anything similar.

My friend as we’ve talked in the recent past you’ll see that the problems i mentioned it’s a common problems for all of us. You are satisfied as the way you functioning these products and that’s ok. Please do not encourage them (hifi rose developers and staff) to continue doin’ that they keep doin’ and not delivering all the things that they have to deliver and claiming, before you buy the product. We asking the simple things to behave the product in a way that we buy for. As i said in our previous chat as a player must be excellent performer. Connectivity issues always happens and that’s ok and that because you have to deal with third party partners but when it comes into your own you must be perfect. That’s because i also providing ERP systems to customers and i have to be perfect. There is no room for fooling anybody with futures that they don’t work at the end of the day. Please my friend don’t be easy on them. And what said the @Angelo is a thought of mine also. If they don’t change the developer team or fix all the issues about software performance thats gonna be the ending.

1 Like

I understand that the developers of Hifi Rose make products to make money, not to lose it and if they really want to continue in this market, they will have to solve things. On the other hand, there is always the possibility of buying other products that will surely offer you everything you want and the prices will be substantially higher.

This is very simple, if they do things well and worry about bringing the product to excellence and functional demand of the users, they remain in the market, otherwise, they become a memory.

We not talking here about user demands we talking about basic functionality to handle in the right way all the type of files and the database .That’s what they advertising and sale for the product and that’s why we buy for. That’s my only complain. To the basics

2 Likes

Angelo, just curious did you end up taking it back?
I have the first gen 250, it has not given me any problems but one thing is the choice of songs it jumps to based on settings it’s a learning g curve to use it and I would be interested to hear how others manage the playlists etc.

I mostly stream fro Tidal but also copied all my Cd’s to an internal HD which is easy to navigate.

Thanks in advance.
Rob

3 Likes

Wow! This is harsh. I have had the RS250 for over two years with no issues. I experienced some of the problems you mentioned, but they were solved by clicking the right buttons on the user interface.

2 Likes

I’ve had a generally negative experience with the RS150b product. Overall clunky or broken. It’s not even capable of dropping “dolby atmos” tracks into 2-channel mode like what the official Tidal app would do. The Android OS is so old it’s on life support. It definitely predates the bitperfect capability in modern android.

These mediocre products that have the cheap engineering of a WiiM sold at around $5,000 or more have lead many into believing we’re going to get a quality product but instead got scammed into a high price for a Nintendo Switch but with a music playing theme. Don’t get me started on their broken jitter handling. Try playing audio or watching a show or more without the audio cutting out from their broken PLL implementation.

I laughed out loud when someone asked, “just curious did you end up taking it back?” Most dealers don’t have any sort of return policy and if they actively try to sell HiFi Rose products it’s not because they have your needs in mind. It’s because of the extremely high profit margin and they’re salivating at the fact there is no return policy along with a prospecting customer being uninformed enough to be sold such an overpriced product. HiFi Rose has been selling this stuff since 2019 despite major issues with their products and have enough money rolling in to fund a new DAC offering so I don’t see them leaving their gravy train we all funded anytime soon.

I am not discounting others’ experience with HiFi Rose products but In the interest of equal time to both sides…I have had an RS130 since January and it has preformed pretty much as expected. I compared the sound to my Innuos Zen Mk III and for certain the RS130 sounded significantly better. Sound quality is by far my main concern, but I really have not had issues with the software or the unit at all. A friend borrowed my RS130 for a couple of days and then bought one and has never mentioned to me any concerns with his unit, software or otherwise.

Many positive reviews online, many happy owners like myself and my friend, great sound quality, very cool interface, beautiful screen, YouTube access for the TV. I don’t believe HiFi Rose is going anywhere anytime soon.

5 Likes

Tell me you have no clue what you are talking about without telling me you have no clue what you are talking about…

This is HiFi business. More money does not buy you better engineering (Wiim is better than most $10K+ products). Rose is quite fine though, although you pay for the looks.

How is this not a problem for anyone else. Unless you are one of those people who feeds a $10K external DAC (which is worse engineered than a Wiim) over I2S cable (which will give you jitters).

2 Likes

For the record I too have a first genration RS250 and it’s pretty much been brilliant since i’ve had it even with the software updates and very much enjoy playing with it. Just the odd minior glitch here and there often fixed and some missing “nice to have’s” that may yet come to fruition in the future but nothing that has blighted my overall user and listening experience.

i guess I may not be as technically demanding as some in its functinality and just basic user not being a fan any streaming apps etc as have plenty of my own music loaded on it . Of course others may have had a more negative experience even with what one would regard as basic functionality.

But as I say it , the RS250a, works well for me though I do wonder how the servicing works should one ever need it in the futiture.

3 Likes

J’ai eu la chance de pouvoir rendre mon rs150b seul le son était bon le reste est une vaste plaisanterie à ce niveau de prix.

I have been using a Rose RS250 for over two years. I stream Qobuz, listen to internet radio and use an internal SSD with all my CDs stored there. The device works perfectly and without any significant problems. I find the support from South Korea, if necessary, friendly and helpful. Thanks Rose Team.

3 Likes

I’ve had my 150B since the beginning of December and have had very few problems with it. Reminds me of when I first purchased my Bluesound Vault as a new product. It had some glitches but they were fixed with firmware updates and over time they became a leader in the industry.
I’m not saying Rose will become a leader in the industry, but I’m seeing similarities to how Bluesound started out.
I’m very pleased with my 150B and I hope it continues to get better and add more streaming options. At its premium price we should expect it to only get better.
Most modern equipment is released with problems these days as they are rushed to market and then fixed (hopefully) with firmware updates. Just the way of the world these days.
Finally, my dealer offers a 60 day return policy so I had an opportunity to return it if I was unhappy. Worst case scenario, it could always be put on the used market so it wouldn’t be a total loss if your that unhappy with a product.

1 Like

I don’t see the relevance between how YOU use your device and how I use the device as it is supposed to be used. Its not a dac only, its a streamer…or at least thats how it is marketed :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Rob, thanks for your question. No, I did not (yet at least), since the issues do not seem to be hardware related. A few days ago there was another update. Hopefully they got it right this time…eventually they have to, albeit by coincidence :slightly_smiling_face:

right, I guess I am not pressing the right buttons then :slightly_smiling_face:
Now I understand why one evening it kept restarting itself every few minutes for about 20 times…I guess I kept pressing the restart button!!!

Stupid me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yes, I agree with your general assessment that not everything is that intuitive and needs learning/experience and I knew & accepted that whrn I bought it. In fact I am (relatively ) happy with the ui.
I am talking about quirks that do not allow me to use, operate and enjoy the device for which it was designed for

“Most modern equipment is released with problems these days”
Yep! That’s part of the development value stream where every iteration should be released asap to provide value…as defined in so many “agile” frameworks and practises, with the aim to release products and become profitable asap, moving quality control from developer to user (customer).

Yes I certainly agree with the statement of “moving quality control from developer to user (customer)”.
It seems the trend slipping in for the more complex stuff especially the quicker it gets released into the market due to demands and expectations. As a result its more likely it will still be really a Beta version, with, as you say the user highlighting the issues to the developers etc which is often especially true of Kickstarter initiated electronics
Though I appreciate HiFi Rose is no Kickstarter and proper established set up so would expect any Beta type issues to be acknowledged in a timely manner and addressed efficiently which to my mind they pretty much do
Also That said I don’t mind as long as the issues are do not detract too much from the main functionality/ Listening experience as a whole and embrace it as being on a journey as it evolves ironing out any minor and hopefully less so, any major issues’ getting better every time.
I guess this kind of kit will always be in a kind of Beta state as it lends itself to constantly be able to be updated with “Nice to Have” end user requests and ongoing fixes (again raised by users & the developers) etc …That’s just the way it is these days as I see it for complex electronics with potential endless configurations.
Its just matter of how well a company maintains these eternal Beta changes during its life cycle that makes or breaks it over time.
Of course I assume there is stuff out there that doesn’t have as much functionality and comes to market with the odd firmware update mostly initiated by the manufacturer so is more an Alpha (if that is such a term) production item from the get go for the user with less scope for the user to request changes and require fixes – But often are less fun in Functionality if you will.