[How to use] Utilizing Early Access

1. Utilizing Early Access Version

Early Access is a version where you can experience new features introduced by ROSE first.

Through the Early Access version, beta testing of new features will be conducted, and after ensuring sufficient stability, it will be distributed as the Official version.

When updating from Official to Early Access, a [Factory Reset] will be performed after the update to prevent conflicts with the previous SW version, and all data that was set will be reset, so please be aware when updating.

Even after updating to the Early Access version, you can easily switch back to the Official version at any time, so we hope you enjoy using it!

1-1. Updating from Official to Early Access version

To utilize the new features added in the Early Access version from the existing Official version in use, a separate update is required.

1. Confirm if the menu for using Early Access Version appears at the bottom of Settings → System Information.

1. Tap the ‘Update’ button on the right.

1. When you tap the update button, a popup will appear to confirm the installation of the Early Access update.

1. Selecting [Confirm] will proceed with downloading and installing the system update to the Early Access version. Afterward, the installation will be completed following the same reboot process as previous updates.

2. Return to Official Version

“Official” is the official service version.
Once sufficient stabilization is achieved through Early Access, distribution will proceed to the official service version. We recommend this version for those who prioritize stable usage over new features.

2-1. Return to the Official version from Early Access

1. Depending on the installed software, menus may appear differently, and at the bottom of the Settings → System Information page, a menu for the respective update will be displayed.

If the currently installed software is [Official]

If the currently installed software is [Early Access]

1. Selecting the update button at the bottom right of Settings → System Information will allow you to return to the Official version.
    (The subsequent process is the same as the Early Access version update method at the top of the article)

3. Utilizing Rose Early Access

3-1. Installing Rose Early Access Version

• After installing Early Access on the ROES device, you won’t be able to connect the device to the previously used Rose Connect Premium, as it is the official service (Official) version.

• Please install the Early Access version of Rose Connect Premium from Google Play or the App Store before using it.

• If the Rose platform (SW) version installed on your device differs from the RC Premium version, you won’t be able to connect the device or use the mobile app.
    (For example, if the Rose platform (SW) is in the [Early Access] version but RC Premium is in the [Official] version, attempting to connect the device will result in a [Connection Failed] page as shown in the picture below, rendering it unusable.)

1. Search for Rose Connect Premium in the search bar.
  • Android: Google Play
  • iOS: App Store

1. Install “Rose Connect Premium EarlyAccess”.

2. If you see the [Rose HiFi EA] app on your device after completing the process, the installation has been successful, and you can proceed to connect and use the Early Access version.
    (The Early Access version of the RC Premium app is represented by a gold-colored icon and is named Rose HiFi EA. (The icon graphic is as shown below.)

Hallo
I don’t see any EarlyAcceess in systeminfo on my RS520.
Greats from Switzerland
Remo

I don’t have the “Early Access Version” option.
There is no option listed between “Audio Firmware” and “Open License”.
How do I obtain it?

StandardModel

Nor I on an Rs130.

Also, could Rose confirm what additional functionality the early access software brings. Is it just. Support for the local play on Rose Connect devices?

Hello @Remo55 , @StandardModel and @the_bat

The update is ready just now, please check the streamers and let me know if you don’t see the update button.

Roseloa,

Thank you. The Early Access button is present and I have activated it.

StandardModel

Hallo Roseola
Yes now i can see the Early-Access button
Thank you
Remo

So, before I try the EA version: anyone having troubles with it?

Hello Admin !
i just setup the EA version on both the RS520 and Android 10.
Everything incl. the DB was reset and i had to set my favorite options all new.
The DB scan is running and will take a while.
It all seems to work OK the way i use it by playing music from SSD and DLNA from Windows computer and sometimes radio stations.

• The one thing i do not like is that, it is necessary to open a ROSE account to be able to connect the Android client to the RS520 server. I think this feature should be independent from ROSE account.

I keep on using the EA version. Thank you !

Hallo
I can only say that the EA version on my RS520 works very well so far.
I will continue to monitor and test it.
Thanks for the great work.
Greats from Switzerland
Remo

Hans,

I believe it is a stable improvement. I would recommend giving it a try.

StandardModel

Don‘t forget, there is a Factory Reset

I have also the update, Looks fine so far