Internal SSD Capacity

The official internal SSD capacity supported on the RS150B is 4TB. Just curious if anyone is using 6TB or 8TB instead ?

@TomT

The SSD recognized capacity of the Rose device is 4TB according to the specifications. However, among Rose users, there are some who say there is no problem with using an SSD as large as 4TB, while others say it is not possible.

Thanks ROSEHAN. I am using a 4TB SSD already.
Because it is nearly full. I am just curious if I could replace it with a 6TB or 8TB one although it exceeds the spec limit.

@TomT

In that regard, I cannot give a definitive answer on whether it is possible or not. However, among Rose users, there are some who say there is no problem with using an SSD as large as 4TB, while others say it is not possible.

Noted. I’ll give it a try if I have a bigger SSD in the future.
Thanks

Rosehan ,

I just bought the RS150B am I able to fit a SSD that’s already formatted and loaded with DSD/Flac files?

Hello,

If the file system of your SSD is NTFS/exFAT/FAT32, you can use the SSD right away without format.
Please make sure that your SSD is 2.5 inches / 7mm / SATA type / under 8TB.

Is that less than 8TB, or less than or equal to 8TB? Is the same true for the RS130?

1 Like

Hello Tony22,

I’m sorry to confuse you.
We’ve tested up to 4TB. We’ve not tested 8TB SSD in our office, but there are customers who are using 8TB Samsung SSD with ROSE streamers.

2 Likes

Hello, yes, I am one of those people who uses a (TB Samsung. One MZ-77Q8T0 2023.06

2 Likes

I’m also looking at the Samsung 870 QVO MZ-77Q8T0BW for my RS130, so nice to hear it is working in your 250A.

Has anyone has any success with the 8TB Samsung in their 130 ?