Music tagging in ROON

As someone who, only yesterday purchased an RS150B, but yet to arrive, I obviously can’t use any of the Rose software yet but impatient enough to ask a question. I have subscribed ROON since almost the start, but wondering whether I need to with the Rose interface, or even my Innuos Sense software. ROON uses Music tagging and I wondered whether Rose did something similar, as I have found it hugely useful?
Ive purchased the 150B to simplify my system and sell on a few items, I know that sounds odd, considering what the Rose can do, but with an Auralic Vega G1, Innuos Zen mk2, ROON Nucleus, not to mention my Buchardt I150 working as pre-amp to my Cayin valve amp, so you see it needs simplifying.

If you use Roon, you don’t really need Rose control software other than for reconfiguring it, or playing something from sources Rose support but Roon doesn’t (radio, RoseTube…). Of course if you want to e.g. play something from a streaming service without going through Roon, Rose makes it very easy.

That’s kind of the point, I pay for Roon and Qobuz, if Rose turns out to be better than Innuos Sense or even halfway as good as Roon then I will lose Roon.
I have no need to be paying for both, so I’m hoping it’s not a glitchy as some of the posts here suggest.
I also wondered whether Rose featured tagging, which is a feature I really like in Roon.

They are completely different things though. Rose is an actual audio equipment, it can make sounds (or at least something youi can send to speakers). Roon is software for managing your audio library, and I think it is better than others for that, but it won’t produce any sounds until you connect something with a DAC to it. Could be Rose. But Rose can also be used all by itself, without Roon or any other server.

Innuos is a ridiculously overpriced (well, not so ridiculously compared to Taiko or something, but I could assemble something that is indistinguishable in performance, albeit not as good looking, for 1/4 of the price in an hour) server. You could even run Roon on it, would work OK…

I was actually referring to the rose app in comparison to Roon. I currently use Roon and was thus asking whether others thought that the Rose App might replace it as I was already using Qobuz which exists in both environments.
Thank you for your comments regarding Innuos, im sure you are able to construct something similar, whereas I am not able. I find it a highly useful and stable tool for managing my large music library and yes it can run Roon, which is what I have done previously.

Ah… Rose App is nice, but it generally doesn’t really do anything you could not do from the Rose’s device screen (after all, a full-featured touch screen is a major selling point here!)

If you tag all your files just right, and are willing to wait for Rose to reindex your collection every time you change anything, it will be workable (depending on the collection size). But it will not be as good as Roon for managing and searching for music. It’ll be basically what you’d get playing music in Windows Media Player on your computer – yes, with right tags you can get to things by album or artist name, but not quite what Roon gives you.

As for what to run Roon (or any other music server) on, there’s nothing really wrong with Innuos, it’s a reasonably well made product, and doesn’t seem to have too much of audiophile snake oil in it. Other than being a ready-made box, though, it doesn’t do anything (or anything better) than what a generic fanless PC box you could buy for far less money, and throw e.g. Roon on.