[New Product Launch] RW800 - ROSE AIR Lite Launch & Special Promo

And while they are trying to build up that strong dealer network, HiFi Rose will have to take on the task of representing themselves at the various audio shows. Whether they did a good job or not, MoFi typically has a very large presence at the shows. Even in HiFi Vienna, MoFi had two rooms in the main venue while Rose itself was set up in the open space gallery.

1 Like

In Vienna I would expect to see Piega ?sp? being a strong presence since they are the European distributors.

The interesting thing is that the Eversolo is now priced at and higher than Rose.

When I was at AXPONA I saw the RD160 in the rack. When I talked w the Rep it was like ā€œOh yeah, its great!ā€ and that was that.

It would be nice to see Rose get a room and maybe partner w Piega or Mon Acoustic (Korean Speaker company) Then get a rep in who knows the product line. Also get some gear out to the YT crowd. You would be surprised how much influence these guys have. (Although that could be a double edged sword.)

I didn’t see Piega at Vienna. I just checked the exhibitor and brand lists and Piega is not listed as being at the show. However, AV Industry was there - I think they are Rose’s Denmark based distributor. But they to were in the open hall area.

1 Like

So AV Industry Denmark is a subsidiary of a French company, and rep
Piega along w Rose and also Eversolo. (Which is interesting.)

So that could explain the Piega / Rose tie in. ( I’m not in Europe so I have no idea… other than everyone said that they had to ship product to Switzerland for repairs.)

The launch of the RW800 implicitly demonstrates that the original Android 7.x-based operating system has reached the end of the road and cannot be updated, forcing customers to resort to a makeshift hardware workaround. Furthermore, adding another powered device compromises the purity of the audio chain by introducing potential electrical noise and superfluous conversion stages. That is just my personal opinion, of course.

2 Likes

Spot on! Well said @Grammophone

1 Like

It is simply unacceptable that, to unlock essential features like Spotify Lossless or TIDAL Connect on top-of-the-line units costing over $5,000 (such as the RS130), one has to purchase an external ā€œbridge.ā€

5 Likes

I can’t talk about a strong presence because I wasn’t there myself, but here they are in their own showroom, or am I wrong?

Yes, and you’re right. The commentator of this video says it exactly: **Piega is not represented in the high-end this year, but somehow it is. **

:arrow_down: :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

Their gear could be used in partnership w another vendor.

MoFi did this w Rose gear. RD160 in the stack, listed, but not featured on the door.

Stuff like that.

Well, lets see how this plays out.

In Germany you can order now the RW800 for 125€ e.g. from Projekt Akustik, which I’ve done for two pieces.

1 Like

Gentlemen, is the RW800 supposed to provide streaming quality for the RS151 or RS130 via USB? :joy:
This is a joke. Rose has deceived us, the customers.

1 Like

I hear you Wolf. It is a kludge. It is a patch. But if you need it, it is all they can offer until the 152 and 131 come out.

Define what you mean by ā€˜Streaming Quality’. :smiling_imp:

The RW800 has better BT codecs than the dongles.

Again, I don’t think that the RW800 fits the needs of most customers… but its up to the specific customer to see if its right for them and their use case.

Smegel: First, use logical thinking and then ask smarter questions.

3 Likes

That’s totally correct!

As RS130 owner it’s a pitty to connect a plastic box to add missing features like Tidal Connect. Never ever!!! It should be possible to offer internal solutions in form of hardware moduls.

Eversolo and other brands implement all this natively!

As ROSE customer, I’m starting to wonder if I made the right choice with this product.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is not a DIY possibility to dismount the rw800 and put the inside pcb board inside the RS130
There is space enough inside
Just an idea :bulb:

Why not just tuck it out of the way somewhere? I am sure the next gen Rose streamers will have its functionality built in.

BTW, it worked on Eversolo because all apps on Eversolo are Native Apps (ie, they are NOT integrated with the device’s media Library, etc.

Native Apps are the same as those downloaded on Google Play / Apple App Store

I don’t need any HW box or HW module! If Rose is able to provide a SW solution (update) I’m happy!

Rose has said countless times that it is not possible. You have to accept it and course correct.