Not able to launch vue meter

Hello, I turned on the vue meter, but it does not show when I play back music, how do I fix it? Regards

Hello,

There are several conditions that VU meters don’t move.

In case of USB IN, VU meter is not supported.
In USB IN mode, the CPU of RS150 cannot physically access the DAC, so the current status is unknown.
It is completely changed to DAC mode and can only be accessed from a PC.

When playing DSD, the VU meter cannot be displayed because the PCM information cannot be known because the sound source must be accurately put into the DAC as it is native without conversion.
In the input/output setting, if you look at the pre-output part setting, there is a DSD mode.
If you change the setting to DSD to PCM instead of the Native DSD option, VU can be operated based on PCM information.

VU meter is not supported while using Video, Rose Tube, Roon Ready, AirPlay, BT, or Spotify Connect.

You can activate VU mode during file playback, Tidal, Qobuz, radio, podcast, CD playback, or using an external input.

Please check if your condition is one of those and let me know if something still doesn’t work.

Thank you.

1 Like

So… The VU Meters will not work when using Roon?

not so far, as written in the last post.

What about when using the Rose only as a streamer, and outputting the digital via USB out to an external DAC? I understand Roon does not support the meters, but what about when connecting to an external DAC via USB, using Qobuz natively on the 150?

Does this mean the VU meters will NEVER be supported for Roon? Or just not supported currently?
Thanks.
Richard.

Hello, we’re working on VU meters for Roon Ready now.
As of the current plan, VU meters for Roon/Airplay/Spotify/Bluetooth will be added in next update.
I will let you know if there are any changes.

2 Likes

Fantastic news!
Thanks for the reply - I really appreciate it. Keep up the great work, I’m loving my 250 more and more as I use it and with updates like this.
Cheers
Richard.