[Official] Ver 5.11 (Rose OS 5.11.08) Software Release

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Wait, UV meters are in my day the line level inputs. Volume of output is irrelevant. Keep them going. We used them for gain distortion measurement to reduce clipping of input. Then we could turn the volume up not working about distortion ruining our speakers. Mine are working fabulously the same to view at all speaker volume levels.

FYI, I have now managed a rollback on my RS150B to Rose OS 5.11.03.

Having been left completely frustrated at the lack of response from Rose regarding the shambolic release of the system breaking Rose OS 5.11.08, I contacted Henley Audio here in the UK who are the exclusive official UK and Ireland distributor of Rose products.

They in turn contacted Rose on my behalf and as a result they were able to supply me with a firmware rollback file which I auto installed via a USB drive. Now, everything is working perfectly again. VU meters, audio playback, my connected turntable and internal storage all now working again as they were previously.

I would suggest people contact their own official distributors and make the same request if they are not prepared to wait who knows how long for any fix or even acknowledgement of the issue from Rose.

:v:

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Good morning from Spain. I have a ROSE RS 151.
I understand that this is not about complaining, but about exchanging experiences and being able to provide feedback to Rose.
Since the last 5.11.08 update, the sound quality has noticeably decreased; the music has less body, the bass is weaker, and the silences are less silent.
In version 03, the RoseQobuz app was wonderful. In the current version, Qobuz Connect sounds better.
In version 03, I used to work at 3 volts, but in the current one, I have had to increase it to 5V.
Version 5.11.03 was magnificent.
I know that a “rollback” can be done by requesting the file from Rose, but that makes me nervous and I am not going to do it. I believe Rose should provide a solution. I am also not a big fan of early updates.
I insist, version 5.11.03 was magnificent.
My question for Rose is simple: When will ROSE release an update to restore the same quality we had? I look forward to it.
Thank you.

I tested almost all the latest versions (Rs130) and we are 4 to have Rs130 and put back the version 5.9.07 which had the best sound

The ‘best sound’ is going to be relative.
Your room, speakers and other devices are going to influence what you hear.
Then there’s you. Your ears, your preferences.

1 Like

When I read the disaster on recent updates I pass my turn without hesitation