[Official] Ver 5.11 (Rose OS 5.11.08) Software Release

▣ Update Information

  • Date/Time: 2026/09/21 13:00 (GMT +9)
  • Models: RS201(A), RS250(A), RS150(B), RS520, RS130, RS151, RS451
  • Version: SW Ver. V5.11.08 (Official)
  • How to Update:
    • Official: Settings → System Info → Click “Update”
    • Early Access: Settings → System Info → Use Official Version → Click “Update”
  • Check Version: Settings → System Info → System Version → Vier Details

▣ Rose Streamer Features & Stability

  1. Fixed an issue where switching to LINE OUT output could be missed under certain input conditions, improving signal output stability.
  2. Added the ability to uninstall apps that are not available in the App Store.

Thank you to all of our users for your valuable feedback.
We will continue to do our best to provide a more stable and convenient service.

3 Likes

I did well to come back to 5.9.07 and stay there!!! (Rs130)

Good luck

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Just updated to latest version, bass seems weaker how do you go about going back to an earlier version

I sent an email to the team and I had obtained an earlier version

They must be told:

Device type and desired version

shim1691@citech.kr

eunseong96@citech.kr

Hi guys,

I’m probably stating the obvious and apologies if this sounds a bit patronising, but every time I do a software update on the RS 130, I always reset the factory settings after and that usually fixes any problems I’ve had in the past, so carried on doing it without problem.
Just thought I’d pass on my experience, in case it helps hopefully.

1 Like

And after this factory reset, do the VU meters work like they should?

1 Like

Mine seem to be working alright
Although, if I’m honest, the factory reset isn’t too much for me, because I use the RS 130 as a Roon end point and have a separate server

1 Like

Gilles, may I suggest - just post it on a shared drive somewhere, with the instructions and a note saying “use at your own risk”. Anyone who wants to use it could just then go get it.

1 Like

I own a RS250A. The divice is linked to my external dac via Coaxial.

Since the last update, the VU meter is not working anymore like it should. It goes all the way to the right, and stays there on all sources and external input.

The work arround to get the VU meter back into a working condition:

At the decive, go to >> Settings >> Audio >> VU meter input/output.
You need to change from “output” to “input” and save the changes.

After this, change back from “input” to output " and save again.

Now the VU meter are working again like before… But you need to do this every time you start up your device. I am disconnecting the power line if I don’t use my HiFi setup.

Please HifiRose, fix this VU meter issue.
And also the weak bass comming with this current firmware :pray:

Thank you

1 Like

It would be nice if they had a downloads page for each device where you could go back and download an earlier release.

However… look at the audience of Rose users.
Some are technical. Some are not. (Add to this the owners who don’t come to this forum…)
Think of what happens if someone has issues trying to download the file, then try to update and fails?

One thought about the VU meters…

Normally I don’t use them and put up the clock/weather app.

But when I tested them… I found that on the RS520 the VU meters didn’t work on all inputs.
This implied that the VU meter’s input is on signal in and not signal out.

I don’t know why Rose did this.

I’ve been using PS Audio DACs for a long time, starting back when a DAC FW update was unheard of. We all figured out how to do it. But PSA’s FW upgrade process was reasonably robust, and online help was available. Still, for anyone with a modicum of knowledge it was pretty easy. Unfortunately HiFi Rose seemingly did not make this process robust.

I found Rose’s system to be straight forward and robust… if the upgrade hangs, do a system reset where it reboots and then you can restart the upgrade.

Dear Rose team @ROSEHAN @Rose @ROSELOA,

After installing OS v5.11.08 on my ROSE RS250, the wifi is not working anymore. I tried resetting to factory settings, this did not help. The RS250 connects and then drops the connection immediately.

This problem started occurring only after I installed Rose OS 5.11.08 on my Rose RS250.

The router shows that the device connects, drops connection, connects, drops. This cycle repeats and there is no stable connection.
The Rose RS250 is not accessible from any other device (PC with Windows 11, android, and ipad Air) on my network.
Please help! Should I go back to a previous version? If so please let me know how I can roll this version back to 5.11.07.

@ROSELOA, @ROSEHAN, is it possible, if we email you and you supply it, to roll back to 5.9.09 from here?

An absolute disaster! It’s going from bad to worse; I have no intention of updating my RS151—my current software version makes it run like a fighter jet!

1 Like

@rburra
Please check the steps below first. If it still does not work properly, please send your Device ID (found under Settings > System Info) to the email address below, and we will get back to you after reviewing it.
shim1691@citech.kr

  1. Restart the power from the rear of the RS250, then check the Wi-Fi connection.
  2. Long-press the Wi-Fi network in the list, tap “Delete” (Forget), and then try reconnecting.
  3. Enable your smartphone’s personal hotspot and check if it connects to the hotspot Wi-Fi.
1 Like

Hi,
I am owing RS250A running Rose OS 5.11.08

The work arround to get the VU meter back into a working condition:

At the decive, go to >> Settings >> Audio Settings >> VU meter input/output.
You need to change from

“output” to “input” and save ! the changes.

After this, change back from “input” to output " and save again.

Now the VU meter are working again like before…

This after every single startup.

I don’t use standby mode and power of the device from AC always.

@HifiRose, this needs to be fixed please.

This is crazy! Updated my RS150B today. Now it’s totally trashed. My turntable (Alva TT V2) is cabled in. VU meters are stuck at -50db when no record is playing. If I touch the stylus, the VU meters react but there is no sound output at all. Switching to others sources like CD, or the internal files from my SSD also results in no audio output. All cables and connections have been checked and double checked but there is zero audio coming through. All of this immediately after installing OS 5.11.08. Is there a way to roll back?