[OTA] SW Ver 4.15.12 Software Release ( RS130/RS520/RS150/RS250/RS201 )

While that warning is ominous, that is not what is happening to me. My settings have been retained.

I’ll wait for official version and some positive comments, I hope.

Probably a good decision.

1 Like

Thanks for the reporting on the beta.

Can you go back to the official release after trying the beta?

Absolutely. Yes, you can go back. I’ve done it several times.

1 Like

Maybe it’s not available in my region. When I click update to the early access version it says the current version is the latest. But I’m running the official version.

thank you for saying this on behalf of all of us who’s english is not their first language.
A frustrating Rose lisener
frank Vantvelt

1 Like

Hello. I’ve noticed on my RS130 there is no true Gapless playback on DSD files when i hear a live album.

1 Like

@christoum1974

Gapless playback can be activated in the audio settings.
Rose device–>Settings–>Audio settings–>Gapless

Unless something has changed, this still does not work for DSF files.

2 Likes

Does Not work with dsf, right now

Not quit shure, but I believe it has worked in former releases

2 Likes

I know the setting and is on and with DSF files NO GAPLESS playback.

You have to improve so much despite that is an exellent sounding streamer. Your db scan engine with usb drives when adding new tracks and you have to rescan takes forever. You need a better approach to this one. Even the search engine on adroid app when searching an artist it doesn’t always shows the albums of the artist only the top tracks. You have to search for the albums to find one. And also as i mentioned the gapless playback with DSF files NOT working as it should. It has a small gap between tracks even if the setting is set to on. If you need more suggestions let me know to improve this excellent excellent sounding streamer.

1 Like

Hello. Can you tell me please if there is a limitation in the database of tracks around 300k with USB drives?

@christoum1974

There is no limit to the number of songs when scanning songs stored on a USB external hard drive on a Rose device.
However, USB external hard drives larger than 10TB may not be recognized by the Rose device.
Are you having trouble scanning over 300,000 tracks on your Rose device?

I have two drivers 24tb each connected and the device discovers perfectly the two hard drives. The one has 250k tracks and the other 200k. The device scans and finds all the 250k tracks and from the other drive stops always in the same number of tracks around 50k. That makes 300k and no more can be scanned.

@christoum1974

I was not sure what I thought was correct, so I relayed the information to the software team. They said that currently Rose devices only support up to 300,000 tracks.

As i thought there was a limitation. Is there a plan for a future update to change the limitation??? And also if the gapless playback was fixed for the DSD files???

@christoum1974

When using the Gapless function, it is not that DSD music cannot be played, but it is currently blocked by our software. When using the Gapless function, DSD sound sources can be played, but noise occurs when playing some DSD sound sources. We will identify and fix the issue as soon as possible.

2 Likes