[OTA] SW Ver 4.15.12 Software Release ( RS130/RS520/RS150/RS250/RS201 )

Preview for major update features

1. App separation applied in ROSE OS
Introducing the new way to manage Rose’s applications.
Previously, RoseOS used to distribute all applications bundled together, but starting from Rose OS 4.15, we have improved it so that users can install only the applications they desire from the RoseStore.

When you first use Rose (factory reset), you can easily select and install the applications you want to use through the simplified Rose Store. You can only use the features like icons, integrated playlists, and integrated search for the applications that are installed.

Applications that are not installed, excluding Rose’s default applications, do not have icons on the main screen.

When you install an application from the Rose Store, an icon is created on the main screen, and you can use the respective application.

Users can select and install only the applications they want from the Rose Store.

Moreover, after installation, you can delete unused applications to minimize unnecessary items and resources.

2. TIDAL MAX play supported

TIDAL has recently launched a high-quality FLAC streaming service with a maximum of 24-bit/192kHz through an update. Now, HiFiRose is also introducing Tidal’s updated high-quality service to all of you.

TIDAL’s highest audio quality has been changed to ‘Max,’ and TIDAL Masters have been changed to TIDAL HiRes. Additionally, the previous Master, HiFi, High, Normal quality settings have been changed to MAX, High, Low. MAX supports Hi-Res FLAC, MQA, FLAC, and AAC.

In the MAX setting, high-resolution audio is provided in the following order based on availability: HiRes FLAC – MQA – FLAC – AAC.
Max - Up to 24-bit/192kHz high-quality lossless audio (High-Resolution FLAC and MQA).
High - 16-bit/44kHz lossless audio in FLAC format.
Low - Compressed AAC files with a maximum bitrate of 320kbps.

https://tidal.com/sound-quality

3. Audirvāna DLNA supported

Audirvāna’s DLNA (UPNP) functionality has become available through the partnership between HiFi Rose and Audirvāna.

그림8

After installing Audirvāna Studio on your PC, you can connect it to Rose via DLNA and enjoy Audirvāna audio playback and features.

Detailed Ver 4.15.12 SW Update Notice

- Update date: October 23rd, 2023 (Mon) PM 11:00 (GMT +9)
- How to update: Settings → System information → Click “Update” and then update the system
- RoseConnectPremium for Android: Ver 4.15.12.1
- RoseConnectPremium for iOS: Ver 4.08.03
- Update for: RS130/RS150(B)/RS201(E)/RS250/RS520

-Update contents:

[Rose platform – Common]
1. App separation applied in ROSE OS

• The apps that were previously integrated into the system have been separated so that you can install and use only the apps you want from the Rose Store.
  • Only installed apps are available in the icons, integrated playlists, and integrated search.
  • In this update, you need to install and log in to the app you want to use. (the app can be used in the same way as before after installation).
  • RoseConnect(iOS) users must install Apps in Rose streamer.

2.‘User rating’ and ‘mileage functions’ added

• A user rating (Golden Ear Lv. 1 ~ 5) and mileage function have been added to the ROSE account you are currently using.
  • You can raise your rank by accumulating points according to the mileage rules.
  • When creating a Rose account, the default rating is set to “Golden Ear Lv. 1”.
  • As the rating increases, additional permissions are granted, and when you reach Golden Ear Lv. 2, you will be granted permission to write Feed (New).
  • The mileage rules and detailed information will be announced in an additional notice.

3.‘Auto standby mode’ setting menu added

• You can automatically switch to standby mode after the desired time if there is no audio playback for a long time.
  • Default setting: 2 hours / 1 to 6 hours, OFF can be set in settings
    (Rose Streamer > Settings > System Settings > Automatic standby mode setting)

4.‘Tidal MAX function’ available

• You can use Tidal’s maximum 24bit/192kHz high-quality FLAC streaming service.

5. New Service Supported: ‘Audirvāna _DLNA(UPNP) function’ available

6.Addition, improvement and stabilization of functions

• Fixed the issue where the sound wouldn’t play when switching the output to USB during Spotify playback.
  • Fixed the issue that the needle position did not match in certain themes of the VU Meter.
  • Fixed the issue that the existing favorite list disappeared when a radio user channel was added and favorited.
  • Changed the optimization screen to be displayed only when OTA updates are available.
  • Fixed the issue that the RS130 AOD time was not displayed in full.
  • Added the “Do not show again” function to the USB DAC connection confirmation pop-up.
  • Added function descriptions and pop-ups in the Audio settings > Track playback options.
  • Fixed the issue that ANR occurred when moving to the previous/next page in an external storage device with many folders.
  • Fixed the issue that the App crashed when playing an audio file with a large thumbnail image size via Airplay.
  • Fixed the issue that the volume was adjusted by 2 steps at a time when the volume was adjusted with the BT remote control on the CD playback screen.
  • Fixed the issue where tracks were not sorted by track order when ripping CDs to WAV files

[RC Premium – Common]
1. Feed(New) function added

• The Feed(New) function has been added to RoseConnect Premium.
  • You can register posts to share information or your favorite tracks and albums, and use comment/like functions.
  • Please note that you must have a user grade of “Golden Ear Lv. 2” or higher to register a Feed(New) post. You can check the registered Feed(New) posts in the New tab under RoseHome.

2. RoseConnect for Android: Function added, improved and stabilized

• Fixed the app crash issue when running RoseConnect Premium on the system optimization screen of the set device.
  • Added the ‘favorite function’ in the Artists page.
  • Fixed the issue that the thumbnail disappeared in the full playback screen during RoseTube caching.
  • Fixed the issue that the screen was not refreshed intermittently when switching to the next song in the full playback screen.
  • Fixed the issue that RoseConnect Premium would close immediately when running on a phone with Android OS 13 or higher.
  • Removed the ‘metadata function’ from the path three-dot menu after entering a music folder.

3.RoseConnect for iOS: Function added, improved and stabilized

• Fixed the crash problem when the app is launched in certain situations.
  • Applied Qobuz OAuth2.
  • Fixed the problem of alphabetical sorting in Albums and Categories under Music.
  • Fixed the issue that the list of favorite folders under Music > Folders did not appear.
  • Added the My Music menu under Music.
  • Added the ability to delete individual tracks in My Playlist under Tidal.
  • Fixed the issue that only a part of the list appears when searching for RoseTube on iPad.
  • Added sorting function to My Page.
  • Improved the issue that the thumbnail does not appear.
  • Improved the issue that a black screen appears instead of content in certain situations
  • Made some text and UI adjustments.

- CAUTION -

1. Do not power off Rose during Software update.

About Qobuz login issue

The issue is related to the Qobuz login page within the device, and necessary adjustments are required by Qobuz. We have sent a request for confirmation and modification to Qobuz. (We will inform you as soon as this change is implemented).

For the time being, you can use RoseConnect Premium APP in phone for normal logins and other functions. We kindly request that you use RC Premium for Qobuz login until further notice.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Especially for the auto power -off addition!

4 Likes

Installed the update but still discovered a lot of misspelling in Dutch language.
@ROSEHAN I did send you excel file but you did not use it in this update?

1 Like

After update firmware on RS201E the sign-in on Qobuz don’t work; I’m in a Qobuz Family.

3 Likes

With the update of Rose OS 4.15 and Rose connect premium 4.14
the subscription list is empty in the RosePodcast app ???

Hi, I installed the new firmware and reinstalled the Qobuz app. However, I cannot log into my Qobuz account on the app it just seems to hang and the sign in button greys out. This is on a RS150b.

I have uninstalled the app. rebooted my RS150b and then reinstalled but this hasn’t resolved the issue.

I have used the same account log on the iPhone app without issue.

1 Like

Same here

Qobuz dosnt work anymore

1 Like

Quoboz not able to sign in with new soft ware update. Once again hi GI rose software not working-please fix Quoboz-cannot or won’t log in to quoboz

Updated and needed to install Qobuz, then entered password and its working without any problems

Please fix the quoboz issue with new software update-cannot log in to quoboz. Works on other devices. Apparently I am not alone. Please help. One would think that software is checked before release. Hoping for a quick fix

I reinstalled Qobuz on my RS250a, logged in and it worked.

I tried to reinstall the Qobuz app but It still doesn’t work

Not working on 150b

Also missing Rosetube despite activated

I have updated this firmware version and it is very good firmware. It don’t drop the volume anymore and the sound more clear and better. Thanks HifiRose

Updated 150b. Everything works perfectly. Thank you

Qobuz works now after

• update RoseConnect IOS
  • Login Qobuz over RoseConnect

Playlist synchronization doesn’t work anymore. After an hour is still at 0/45.

Qobuz link: Problem solved for IOS

1/ Update Roseconnect premium on the Applestore and on Iphone Open Rose Cpremium
2/Activate Qobuz Authentication ;it request Fill in items Qobuz and asks for permission to create a link with Rose: Validate ++
Go back to Rose 250 and Qobuz works again with the recovered playlists. However, the alphabetical sorting of Playlists has not been integrated.It would be nice

Probably a simple question but does this quote:

New Service Supported: ‘Audirvāna _DLNA(UPNP) function’ available

mean that if Audirvāna is running, its DLNA (UPnP) will be automatically “seen” and incorporated into Rose’s software so that the files/songs/albums seen by Audirvāna’s DLNA (UPnP) will be incorporated into the Rose software system?
I think that Audirvāna is not UPnP in the sense that J. River is but rather that one may only play a song from Audirvāna through HiFi Rose. Still, I don’t see how to do that currently.
Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.
My assumption is that it’s also necessary to use smb to get to the server on which Audirvāna is running. Is this correct? Are there any special settings needed on either platform to permit the two programs to connect?

StandardModel

1 Like

After update the Rose Connect app in my Android Tab the Qobuz login work