[OTA] SW Ver 4.19.01 Software Release ( RS130/RS520/RS150/RS250/RS201 )

A new OTA version of Rose Platform (Official) has been released.
Below are the fixes for this update.
Please check the schedule to avoid any inconvenience.

[System Stabilization and Improvements]

• Update Date: April 16, 2024 Tuesday) 02:00 PM (GMT +9)

• Update for: RS201(E), RS250(A), RS150(B), RS520, RS130

• Device Compatibility Version Information: SW Ver. V4.19 (Official)

• Update Version Information: RoseOS(SW) v4.19.01

• Update Method:
    Rose OS: Rose Device > Settings > System Information > Select “Update” and proceed with system update.

Update Contents:
[Rose Platform - Common]

1. Function Modification and Stabilization
  • Fixed an issue where the playback title is displayed as a file name when playing NAS music from a folder.

• Fixed an issue where the RoseConnect app crashes when connecting a device to the RoseConnect app after OTA.

• Fixed an issue where the menu was not displayed when entering folder from the music app and pressing the three dots icon on the track screen.

• Fixed an issue where the MKA sound source was not displayed when entering the folder from the music app.

• Fixed an issue where the VU needle moves slowly when playing music after playing a video

• Fixed an issue where a system restart pop-up occurred when playing a specific video on RoseTube.

• Fixed an issue where a system restart pop-up occurred when quickly changing sub tabs after entering My Collection in the Tidal app.

• Fixed an issue where the registered thumbnail was not deleted when editing a channel from Rose Radio app.

• Fixed an issue where the “FM4U” channel stopped intermittently from Rose Radio app.

• Fixed an issue where the next song was skipped after playing a video from Bugs app.

• Added “Reset all settings” function within the volume settings function for each source from Settings app.

• Added information about the “Play from here” function when you click the “?” icon to the right of “Music Playback Option” in the audio settings from Settings app.

• Fixed an issue where CD playback did not stop when clicking the “Home”, “Favorites”, “Input/Output Settings” icon more than 2 times using the remote control while playing a CD.

• Added input information to be displayed in Signal Path on the playback screen within the RoseConnect Premium app.

• Change the toast message text when selecting the EQ icon in external input mode.

• Fixed an issue where buttons such as “Home”, “Favorites”, and “Input/Output Settings” did not work on the clock screen.

• Added a function to switch to settings (update) when entering the Rose Store while an OTA update is available.

• Codec trim UI removed from RS150(B) VU mode C / D Type

• Other usability improvements and stabilization.

CAUTION

1. Do not power off Rose during Software update.
4 Likes

Made the update without any issues
Thanks for the good work

This version is higher or lower than the EA version?

I have the EA Version too

Looks like there is a Factory Reset, is this right?

1 Like

All good here - thanks for the update.

Update completed here, very smooth process. Thank you!

Same here, no issues and seems to be working fine

Update installed successfully, I just had to put the icons back in the correct order.

1 Like

I had to reinstall Rose Connect Premium on my iPhone to get the version information into Rose Connect. Also lost inputed radio stations in RoseRadio/ My Rose Radio.

Updated w/o issue, thx.

U mnie teĹĽ wszystko ok
Poz. Jarek

Eh das fröit mi doch für dii (???) :wink:

Dear Rose team.
My Rose 250 cannot update the new version, I tried both wifi and Ethernet, it always shows Err Connect Time out. Please help.

My Rose 250 cannot connect to Rose server by wifi/ Ethernet but it works through my phone. Last week it still worked well with wifi.

@Pham

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I will forward you the update file.
Please let us know the model name of your Rose device to the email address below.
eunseong96@citech.kr

My RS150 b unit is having problems with AirPlay 2 from my iPhone 14 Pro since the update.

Playback is stuttering almost immediately when I use AirPlay. All other input sources are fine e.g. Spotify connect, tidal, Qobuz

@ROSEHAN @ROSELOA

Guys, why wasn’t there any attention given to playback and caching in Tidal in this update?

You promised!!! You acknowledged that the issue exists and would be fixed in the next firmware update.

When using the ROSE_CONNECT 4.17.07 app for MAC OS with Tidal, files are played back in AAC 96kbps format!!! This is terrible!!!

Jesus Christ, can’t this be fixed? If you can’t do it, then remove caching on Tidal.
What’s the point of services if they’re not provided correctly?

:rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage:

1 Like

@ROSEHAN
today I had a strange issue with the Display (RS150).
I was playing an album over Roon, and then I stopped (paused) and turned the Rose into standby - after returnig, I resumed the Album, and the Rose played the music - but the display was not switching to new songs - Had to reboot, then it worked again.
I will check if this was only a one time thing, or if it is reproduceable.

I just did the Software update on my RS250A. In principle I can tell you that accessing the remote disk via USB3 is much faster; Regarding the Streaming part, I have nothing to say, since in my case the RS250A is a DAC with a display, I do not connect it to the internet, except to do software updates.

@VIK
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I confirmed that this information was delivered to the PC RoseConnect developer on March 22nd. I relayed the information once again and requested that it be corrected in the next update.