[OTA] SW Ver 4.19.02 Software Release (iOS)

[Update Schedule and Details for April 25th, 2024 (Wed)]

Update date: April 25th, 2024 (Wed) PM 04:00 (GMT +9)
Update Method: Update RoseConnect Premium from App Store

Update Contents:

1. Fixed the issue where the app crashes when entering the AppleMusic related feed among the feeds shown in RoseConnect–>Home–>New
  2. Fixed the issue where AppleMusic related tracks were not displayed properly in the feed shown in RoseConnect–>Home–>New.
  3. Fixed an issue where Tidal-related tracks were not displayed properly in the feed shown in RoseConnect–>Home–>New.
  4. Fixed an issue where recently played artist albums were not displayed properly when entering “Explore” in RoseHome.
1 Like

Dear all 150B user, if you are using iPad DON’t install the latest release of Rose Connect Premium apps. 4.19.02. My very bad experience is after updated the rose OS FW 4.19.01 on HiFiRose 150b was running prefect with the previous version of Rose Connect Premium Apps on my iPad. But after updated to Rose Connect Premium Apps 4.19.02 the photo albums disco was disappeared on the right hand side Queue.

To HiFi Rose,
How I can down grade the Rose Connect Premium Apps for Apple iPad back to previous version urgently?

The problems to be solved are always related to the Streaming part.
Hifi Rose RS250 (in my case) is top-of-the-line, quality equipment and I still don’t understand why spend more than $2,500 to listen to audio via streaming, which really is shitty audio!

The Hifi Rose products have excellent design, construction, engineering for audiophiles, added to the DAC that the product offers, and the only thing they are interested in is connecting to online audio platforms… They are killing cockroaches with a transatlantic aircraft carrier.

3 Likes

That is the point that you added. I have the RS130 streamer and won’t play gapplessly DSD files and they told me that it’s gonna take a long time to fix this. Also has other bugs in terms of file performance and they tryin to solve problems for streaming platforms for 44.1khz tracks or 96khz qobuz. Are you kidding me. The rescan function takes forever to add new albums on the library. If you have a USB external hard drive connected to the streamer and you copying files through network to this drive some files ending up corrupted. They added the function that you can play tracks from folder and showing you the metadata or the file name. This function NOT WORKING with the RAW files like DSD or WAV. There is so much in terms of performance and they keep updating the shitty streaming platforms. I want my 4800 euros streamer to be perfect as a file performer.I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Are you going to solve all the file performance problems??? You advertising products that have serious file performance problems. Give me a specific time for the DSD gapless playback fix . Fix the the bug where when you copying files through network to the streamers external connected USB drive some files ending up corrupted and that happens every time . Fix the bug where when you playing tracks from the folder shows you the metadata. Not working on DSD and WAV files and of course not working also for the album cover. And there is so much from the android app side. If I start I won’t finish this year. But that’s second priority things. And stop paying some much attention to the platforms. Those who listening music from streaming platforms in the most cases they don’t know what is the term RAW files . Fix first the performance bugs. You have a large screen with so little informations. Where is the album name. Yes it’s the best sounding streamer and the construction is hi end quality BUT your development team DESTROYS it. Change them go to Sony to tell you how it’s been done . They done it great with the HAP-Z1ES player 10 years a go. I still have this player since new and performs in terms of files playing way better from the RS130 for the half the price when new, not of course for the sound side of things. That’s why i still have have the RS130 and expecting to be perfect as file performer. Be smarter you losing customers. If that continues my next streamer won’t be a ROSE streamer.

1 Like

Dear friend, in this world…nothing is free, so to speak.

I understand everything you say and it is true; to lps problems we must find solutions given
that nothing is perfect.

I tell you, what I do.

1.- DSD problem, on my external USB 3 of 4 Teras hard drive, I have the ISOs of my SACDs, and the problem is solved.

2.- When I want to add new music to my hard drive, I connect it to the notebook and copy what corresponds.

3.- Scanning function: Yes, it takes 2,960 years to perform, YES! and in my case, since I made the last update software, it takes a little less; We’re all screwed at that point.

4.- I repeat again, I do not use my RS250A to play online, the platforms offer good music, but with quality shitty and not up to par with a 192 24-bit rip LP, or a SACD ISO, or a 16-bit WAV, or your own CDS.

For me it is a high-end DAC with display, since I don’t connect to the internet, other than to do
Software updates and I continue to maintain that the audio quality for the price paid is fantastic.

Enjoy what you have, life is too complicated to get bitter over stupid things.
as the philosopher Jagger says…You can’t always get what you want !

1 Like

My friend there is not about what you want but what they advertising.
This is like fooling you. When they advertising that the streamer supports DSD files you better be true. If not just say DSD not fully supported. So the customer gets it as it is. They responded to me for the gapless DSD playback and told me that it would take a long time to fix. That’s not an answer. I don’t mind about the problems of the apps and the conectivity to the streaming platforms because i know that problems in those cases after updates always hapens. I am talking about the basics. The behavior in the basics to play and manage files in the right way without issues. You cannot even edit all the metadata of the files. And you have to know that the library has limitation in terms of the number of tracks. 300k and stops adding. I have more than 300k files all DSD WAV FLAC ALAC files. And now i get selective. Look at my discussion and you understand. [OTA] SW Ver 4.15.12 Software Release ( RS130/RS520/RS150/RS250/RS201 ) - ROSE NOTICE / New Software Release - HiFi ROSE (roseaudio.kr)

1 Like

Friend, I completely understand your frustration.
One question, do you have the possibility of returning the equipment, or eventually put a little money on it and buy another one that meets your expectations?

1 Like

I do not agree with this at all. The sound quality from the streaming content for me is consistently excellent.

I agree, some Qobuz HiDef fIles sound at least as good and often better than my ripped CDs. And many/most Qobuz 44.1K files sound as good also.
(RS130)

1 Like

That is my experience as well.

No unfortunately. I cannot return the unit after six months and also the reseller is a friend of mine and i don’t want to cause a trouble to him. I will keep the unit as excellent sounding unit and i hope that they do something to fix all the issues. I hope also when they do that my 4800 euros rs130 is in fully functional order. I was thinking to purchase also the amplifier ra180 or ra280 but after all these i stopped. I have as a dac the T+A DAC200 paired with the rs130 and the sound is excellent. I forgot to say that the iso files that you playing you have to know that are not RAW type and is limited to 2.8mhz (DSD64) and also compressed with DST compression. That is the way SACD players read these disc’s. I have DSD512 files. Anyway i hope they do something for the basics.

To HiFi Rose technical team

Please reply on my message, how to install the previous version of Rose Premium Apps on APPLE IPad? Will you release another Apps to solve the problems of the artwork of album doesn’t display on Queue?

doesn’t seem to be a general problem.
iPad RoseConnect App version 4.19.02

Ca fonctionne parfaitement chez moi ( Ipad pro)

Gil

@Georgie

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

This issue has been fixed.
When you don’t see the image in the queue on your RoseConnect Premium app on iPad, is the image you don’t see stored on your USB external hard drive or SSD?

The files stored on both internal SSD and external NAS. I found out if the files added into QUENE by “Folder” cannot show the artwork. But the files added by search function can show the artwork on QUENE.