[OTA] SW Ver 4.2(Rose 4.2.21.1) Software Release

- Update date: 2022/06/29 (Wed) PM 03:00 (GMT +9)
- How to update: Settings → System information → Click “Update” and then update the system
- Updated version: Ver 4.2 (Rose OS 4.2.21.1)
- RoseConnectPremium for Android : Ver 4.2.21.1
*RoseConnectPremium for iOS : Ver 4.5.26
- Update for: RS150(B)/RS201/RS250

[ Update Contents ]

1. Add and improve features

Added AppleMusic InApp

• AppleMusic function is supported by InAPP.
  • If you are an AppleMusic user, you can use AppleMusic after logging in from the RoseConnect Premium App (Android/IOS)

Added RoseRadio App

• A service has been added that allows you to view and listen to radio channels around the world more conveniently while inheriting the functions and performance of the existing radio. (In the future, when the existing radio channels are synchronized to the new Rose Radio service, the existing radio menu will be discontinued.)
  • You can use functions such as recent play, favorites, and adding your own channel through the Rose account.
  • Supports search and sort functions by genre, country, and language of radio search results.

Added video queue screen and function

• Supports video queue and list editing/repeat operations during video playback.
  • The three-point menu in the video list supports playback options.

Supports VU Meter Type addition and function.

• Additional support for VU function operation: Airplay, BT, RoonReady, Spotify, DLNA, AppleMusic.
  • Added VU Type: VU Level Meter Type (RS201/RS250), RA180 Style Type.
  • RS150 VU Meter Type applied to RS201/RS250 (A~D Style Type).

Added Fade In/Out function when changing songs (Settings > Audio Settings)

• Fade In/Out function is applied when changing track or audio source. ("Does not apply to DSD, Video, Airplay, BT, Spotify, DLNA, RoonReady.)

Added Rose Tube Cash and add lock/unlock function (Rose Tube > Settings)

• When the cache use function is turned on, the path and usage capacity can be set, and automatic caching is performed when content is played.
  • The lock/unlock function is provided only for contents that have been cached, and when the lock function is applied, the caching list cannot be deleted due to excess capacity.

Added Repeat function when playing CD

• Repeat play of all songs and repeat play of 1 song have been added.

Added alarm time setting function

• Added 6 hours, 12 hours, and unlock menus.

Improved play information screen UI

• Improved visibility and visibility of the playback information screen.

2. System stabilization for RS150 / RS150B / RS201A / RS250

• Added Back button when playing ISO file
  • Fixed the phenomenon that the Gapless On/OFF UI is displayed in reverse
  • Fixed the problem that the App stop/restart pop-up occurred when selecting My Rose Tube > My PlayLists tab
  • Fixed the phenomenon that Mute UI disappears when VU Meter is displayed in Mute state
  • Fixed the problem that the playback screen is not displayed on the device when selecting a recently played track or recommended/related content through RC
  • Fixed the problem that the VU needle does not move when SW Vol Control > ON
  • Fixed the screen going down and flickering when changing the sound source of Roon
  • Fixed the problem that the playback does not work after setting the song execution option_next to the currently played song in the absence of a playlist
  • Fixed the phenomenon that App stop/restart pop-up occurs when CD playback is entered immediately after CD ripping is completed
  • Fixed the phenomenon that the app stop/restart pop-up occurred when entering an unpaid Tidal account
  • Fixed a problem that CD playback is not performed when trying to play the CD again after moving to the RC_Remote control home while playing the CD
  • Fixed the problem that the cover image does not change when inserting another CD after rejecting the CD from the current playback screen of the CD
  • Fixed the problem that individual tracks are not played after CD ripping
  • Fixed the bugs_My album (no track), all/shuffle play, when selecting the three-point menu after entering the app stop/restart pop-up phenomenon
  • Fixed a UI issue where the screen goes up and down when selecting another song or changing the streamer while playing on the VU Meter screen
  • Fixed an issue where the rose playlist music album art was displayed incorrectly

3. RS201/RS201A Audio System (MCU) Update

• Improved pop noise when changing songs (If an update pop-up occurs after OTA, be sure to proceed.)

[RC Premium – Android]

1. Add and improve features
  • Apple Music, Rose Radio InApp added
  • Rose tube caching, unlock function added
  • Added music album sort filter (A to Z, Z to A)
  • Added video queue and favorite functions
  • Display (Settings) > HDMI Resolution setting menu added
  • Streaming (Settings) > DLNA, AirPlay, Spotify ON/OFF menu and function added
  • Changed to show the search results tab only when logged in to each InApp during integrated search
  • Changed to display recently accessed ROSE (Rose ID, IP address) and currently connected network information (IP address) in case of connection failure

Function stabilization

• Fixed the problem that the song being played after unlocking is different while playing TIDAL while the phone is locked
  • Corrected a phenomenon in which two Go to Artist/Album menus were displayed overlapping when selecting the three-point menu in the Qobuz playback player (all)
  • Fixed an issue where App Crash occurred when selecting Bugs Go to Artist
  • Fixed an issue where full/shuffle playback was not performed in Tidal TopTrack Go to Artist’s View All
  • Fixed a phenomenon in which recently listened songs are displayed when entering the My Bugs > Most Heard Songs page
  • Fixed the phenomenon that the Settings > Pause Search History menu works in the opposite way
  • Fixed the problem that meta image (Internet) search is not available on certain mobile phones (LG)
  • Fixed the phenomenon that image changes are not applied when editing meta information
  • Fixed the problem that most popular tracks are not played when searching for Qobuz
  • Tidal Home > Music and Video of Mixes for You are displayed separately
  • Added to show the list currently playing on the CD
  • Fixed the issue where thumbnails were not displayed when playing ISO files
  • If there is an InApp update, a pop-up is displayed when RC is executed, and the App update can be checked after moving to the Rose Store.
  • Changed to display recently accessed ROSE (Rose ID, IP) and currently accessed ROSE IP information in case of connection failure

[RC Premium – iOS]

1, Add and improve features

• Apple Music, Rose Radio InApp added
  • Fixed UI overlap when the font size is large
  • Fixed the problem that the time was displayed incorrectly in the playlist when playing Rose Tube
  • Added Rose Tube Home My Playlist menu
  • Added Most Popular Album Type when searching for Qobuz
  • Added related content to favorites and modify playback related matters
  • Fixed a problem where Analog L/R UI was displayed differently in input/output settings when RS250 is connected
  • Fixed the problem that the screen was not touched when entering the input/output setting screen of the remote control during Rose Tube playback
  • Fixed the phenomenon that App Crash occurs when the search result is 300+ when searching for Qobuz
  • Fixed an issue where App Crash occurred when scrolling at the bottom of Rose Tube Home
  • Fixed an issue where App Crash occurred when entering a specific subscription page in Rose Tube
  • Applied three-point menu and favorites function in related contents
  • Corrected the problem that the detail page was not displayed when selecting an album after entering Qobuz Ideal discography > View All

`
[Caution about Apple Music]

1. Playlist in Rose Apple Music cannot be edited and deleted.
  • Official API of Apple Music supports CREATE PLAYLIST and ADD PLAYLIST only.
  • Whenever API is updated, we will try to apply it.
  1. Lossless streaming is not supported.
  • Official SDK(Apple Music Kit) of Apple Music supports AAC only.
  • In the Apple Music APP, lossless music is not transmitted to clients implemented based on the Official SDK/API even for music that supports lossless music.
  • HIFIROSE is making various attempts and contacts to support Apple Music lossless and when API/SDK supporting lossless is released, we will apply it immediately to provide lossless music service.
8 Likes

The InApp Apple Music support Lossless?

Hello @ew014042

Currently, InApp Apple Music does not support lossless.
We are keep on talking with Apple to support lossless.

Thank you

1 Like
  1. I have logged into my account, but Apple Music will not play on my rose 250.

2. When can expect access to lossless tracks on Apple Music?

I have the same. Logged. But 150b not playing. I don’t know why.

Thanks so much for adding AppleMusic, hopefully in the future it will be possible to add lossless support, but it’s still great to have an actual app and not need to use my iPhone to be the source

Apple Music is not working. I get the following error message: “access token has been updated”.

Thank you for listening to everyone regarding the VU meter is was a wonderful surprise.

Many thanks for the update. A great product enhanced by dedicated people. Appreciated by many I’m sure.

Thanks for the update! I’ve got it installed on my iPad/iPhone as well as on the Rose RS250. I was excited to check out the VU meter updates, but for me its still not allowing me to enter VU mode when I’m playing something off Roon.

Is there an issue with the updated VU functionality for RoonReady or am I doing something wrong?

Does Apple Music support Hi-Res audio?

Hello @BCM

Please log out of your account that is logged in to the Rose device, and log in from your iPhone or Android phone.

Thank you

@hing5281

We do not support Hi-Res audio in Apple Music.

Thank you

The lossless playback part is controlled by Apple and the feature for it is not public to other developers yet. No lossless support unless Apple gives it I assume (probably never, unsure)

Hello, VU Meter for ROON is applied at this update. But On/Off by i-OS app is not provided at this time.
So, if you can on/off from device, you can use VU Meter. Android phone can support ON/OFF from the Rose connect app.

Thank you for fixing Album A-Z sorting…could we have Artist A-Z sorting corrected as well in next update, please?
Thanks, Dan

2 Likes

Yay! Quboz now imports all the playlist without having to scroll through each screen, then scroll back to the top! Well done!!! Also, the new PC client looks great. Well done… 감사합니다

Hello,

I’ll make it in next update.
Thank you for the report.

Appreciate the updates !

All is good in this update except the player screen presentation.
i prefer the old one taking the full screen

Don’t like this one with back big button

Fabrice

5 Likes