[OTA] SW Ver 4.2(Rose 4.2.21.1) Software Release

I fully agree
There should be a small “back” button somewhere but not the ugly big button.

3 Likes

Suggested improvement for the cache icon (Tidal):

The caching logo in green or red is very, very large and outshines the beautiful display with its bright color.
Please realize without colour or much smaller. Maybe just the font color green or red, better discreet in white.
The ad is not that important. Better would be kbit/s for radio and tidal and music.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello,

Are you planning to add a equalizer in the RS150 ?

Thanks, Thierry

1 Like

I have playlists in Apple Music and tidal , the number of songs does not match my rose 150 b, example I have 400 songs in an Apple playlist rose only sees 100 Songs ?

Will there also be an Apple Watch app for the rose?

Will an Apple home kit Connect or a Google home function be released for the rose

Michael

@ROSELOA Fabrice is right. The „back arrow“ is not looking good on the screen.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. Great stuff, but here are a few bugs:

• When playing via Roon, the VU meter needles don’t move at all
  • When in Roon, once you select VU meters, you can’t get rid of them. Even if you go back to the regular ‘playing now screen’, after a minute or so the VU meters show back up. I know we all wanted it, but you still should have a choice…

Not related to this update I am wondering if you will ever tackle your customer’s inability to play off a server, i.e. QNAP? There are so many posts of folks who can’t access their music, but none of the recent updates have addressed this major issue. I have been waiting for 8 months now. All my other streamers play off my QNAP (i.e. Asset UPNP or similar servers) without problems. Through my RS150 I always get an access error even if the user name / password are correct (as reported many times).

Hello @Webs ,

I’m sorry but no plan for equalizer with RS150 in near future.

1 Like

Hello @Michael69 ,

We’ve checked the issue with 400 songs > 100 songs in Apple Music playlist, development team is working on it.

No plan for Apple Watch, Apple home kit connect and google home at the moment.
Focusing on stabilization of system and fixing issues now.

1 Like

Hello,

About VU meter showing back up when using ROON…

• Which VU meter was it? Or it doesn’t matter what it is?
  • When you turned off the VU meter, did you turn it off in ROSE APP? Or ROSE device?
  • Were you playing something in ROON when the VU meter was turned ON by itself?
  • If you feel it too much complicated, a video is welcome as well,

About QNAP, you should be able to play files in your NAS.
However, it doesn’t mean that ROSE supports DLNA/UPNP media servers.

Here you go:

• This was independent of the meter used. Whichever I picked last is the one that showed back up again
  • I turned it off on the Rose device. When you say ‘turn it off’, I assume you mean hitting the return arrow so you get back to the ‘playing now’ screen. That’s what I did
  • yes, music was playing in Roon in all scenarios I tested on the unit
  • regarding DNLA, no, it never worked for me and I tried all the tricks folks talk about in the forum. Playing asset upnp would be ideal, obviously.
    Thx
    Thomas

I had the same problem. For me that’s a good thing, I can quickly see the title information and the VU mode is active again for the next title. Disable VU Mode (on the device or App (not shure is in iOS available)) tap the screen…:

Hello,

• This was independent of the meter used. Whichever I picked last is the one that showed back up again
    → Do you remember to color of the VU meter you usually use?

• I turned it off on the Rose device. When you say ‘turn it off’, I assume you mean hitting the return arrow so you get back to the ‘playing now’ screen. That’s what I did
    → Actually I meant to say what MuP mentioned, but it doesn’t matter, I just need to know what was the exact action you did.

• regarding DNLA, no, it never worked for me and I tried all the tricks folks talk about in the forum. Playing asset upnp would be ideal, obviously.
    → I’m sorry but no plan to support DLNA/UPNP media server yet.
    Media server and NAS is a different thing. You should be able to connect to your NAS with SMBv1.

After SMBv1 enabled in your NAS settings, what happens when you follow this path?
RS150 > MUSIC > FOLDER > NETWORK > Your NAS > Enter ID and PW

Thank you.

I have tht same problem as @hifiman and @Mup

• When playing via Roon, the VU meter needles don’t move at all
    I used only Roon on my RS250 ,no Rose APP i do the setting on my device

Thank you so much. Wow that’s a faint little symbol/button. Needles don’t move though, so there is really no point of switching to the VU meter in Roon.

Hi - I tried all the different colors, the result was the same. I now see the very faint ‘disable’ button, so that helps. However, the needles don’t move.

Regarding SMB1, (this has been the same for 8 months now), I get all the way to my network directory on my QNAP, to the right folder and sub-folder, I see all artists, within an artist I see all albums, but when selecting an album there are no songs. When I initiate a DB scan, it won’t scan. 0 songs. This has been unchanged for me and, reading the forums, I am not alone. No other streamer has had this issue and I have owned quite a few. SMB1 is enabled, of course. I deleted the log-in info as you suggested to someone else, and started fresh, but that also made no difference.

Hey @ROSELOA one thing im encountering with the new release is that when I’m playing local music (off HDD in rose rs250) or Tidal integration and I have the VU meter’s on, the Rose bluetooth remote control will not pause/unpause the track or skip forward/back. This does not happen if I’m using Roon - in that case the song will still pause or skip even if the VU meters are on

When I exit out of the VU meter mode and back to now playing the controls start working again. Maybe a bug when in VU mode it isn’t accepting the remote control commands? Thanks, great update overall!

Sample of three albums were mixed into one album after upgraded to this version, please fix ASAP. Thanks!

Is there an update for PC users expected anytime soon. Just noticed its still 4.1.7

Hello,

PC version for RoseConnect is in progress, won’t take long.
We will notice again when it’s ready.

Thank you for waiting.

Hi, my playlists are still not correct, both Tidal and Apple Music, despite the new iOS version , 400 nr tidal in the rose Connect app home 90 nr , Apple 400 nr gives 84 nr in rose Connect app ,

can you remove the advertising from qobuz in the rose home? And the recommended playback lists

Michael