[OTA] SW Ver 4.3(Rose 4.3.09) Software Release

this will never happen as the driver are not supported under Linux - This is a Yamaha Problem. And I’m not sure, if your Yamaha DAC really sound better.

Thank you very much for your interest, I know that my problem has no solution for now, since Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver only works on MAC or Windows, that does not mean that I would not wish there was a solution in the future… is there not? Well, nothing happens… I use it via coaxial cable, and as for the differences in sound between one or another DAC, the question is very simple… I like the sound of the YAMAHA chip better, the 250 has a better sound analytical, there is slightly more detail, but the YAMAHA’s sound is more analog… and I like it… I hope I have answered your question well. Greetings

The ugly back arrow has gone. Thanks for that.

Hi all posters - I see so many posts in this thread which appear to be responding to some other post. They refer indirectly to that other post, but do not state which post.

Can we do a favor for others who are reading this thread - when you post a reply to some other post, can you please state what that other post is that you are are replying to? For me, I have a enough problems as it is trying to sort out the problems with my 150. I would appreciate not having to also use my detective skills trying to figure out what post(s) you are replying to.

I wanted to report bug in Roon after this update. The play/pause symbol on the RS150 always shows pause, whether paused or playing. In the Roon and Rose apps the correctly symbol is shown depending on playing state.

In the next update, can you please also make the VU meters work in Roon? I use fixed volume in Roon and have set the RS150 to ‘fixed out’ volume. I am not sure if that’s the cause, but neither input or output gain VU settings make the needles move.

2 Likes

Hey Rose team!

I have recieved the new update to my RS250. I noticed clipping on high frequency and cracking in music.
I use my device as a Roon endpoint. I decreased the input volume and I think it’s a little better but not gone. Now I need more power and output volume to compensate it. With an another Roon endpoint I don’t have these issues. Does anybody have similar problems?

Hello,

1. Do you mean the needles in VU meters stay at the peak?
  2. Which files did you play? For example, mp3 files, DSD files, WAV… or just streaming TIDAL/QOBUZ?
  3. What audio devices are connected to your RS250, with what cable?
  4. Do you have your ‘Software volume control’ ON?

Best Regards,

1 Like

Good morning @ROSELOA ,
Many thanks for your answer!
When I woke up this morning in France, I read your message, and I saw that “Software volume control” was on ON (I don’t know why). I put on OFF and awesome the VU meters work again and much better than before the update :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
I still wonder, what is the utility of this “Software volume control” function, it was activated after the update?
Thank you very much ROSELOA and nice day to you !
Hervé

Is it a bug?

Output is RCA - Software Volume Control is OFF but its still possible to change the volume. Model: RS250

Hello alessandro,

Issues that you’ve mentioned about albums divided in two are mostly fixed, but still need to fix for few German special characters.

1 Like

Hello,

‘Software Volume Control’ is for digital outputs. Such as COAX/OPT/USB OUTPUT.
Not for all COAX/OPT/USB OUTPUT users, for some users who are using the DAC that doesn’t allow Rose streamers to control volume.

Seems like you’re using analog output, so if you hope to fix volume, you should set ‘Pre-out level setting’, which you’ve uploaded. Don’t forget to tap ‘Apply’ at the top after setting it.

Best Regards,

1 Like

Hello,

Set time zone to Denver (GMT-7:00) and check summer time is ON or OFF.

Hello akkyuen,

I’m sorry that the issue you’ve mentioned is not solved in 4.3.09.
It’s an issue of PC version only.
When we fixed it, it occurred another side effect, which may take some time.
I’ll check with engineers to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Thank you for your feedback about back arrow.
It seems much better to me as well.

1 Like

Hello,

Did you use Rose streamers as Roon Ready device?
VU mode should work… Would you let me know what you’ve played in Roon?
If you’ve played local files you have, is it FLAC? WAV? DSD?

Hello Georgie,

I apologize about issue haven’t been solved for a long time.
It’s our fault without an excuse, I will push engineers once more to solve the issue in top priority.

If you’re using RoseConnect in MAC -
Please scan the USB/SSD in Rose Streamer and then check the album cover.
(MAC RoseConnect > Settings > Media Library > Tap USB/SSD > Scan DB)

Dear Sir,

It is not an issue in PC version only but also iOS app.

Sorry, my bad.
The iOS I mean.

Hello. Yes, RS150B used as Roon ready. I usually run Roon playlists which are a mix of local files (Flac, wav) and tidal. The meters never move. When I use Tidal through the Rose directly, the meters move. Thx

Hello,

1. The needles do not move at all?
    Check here…
    RS150B > Settings > Audio Settings > VU meter reference > INPUT or OUTPUT gain
    Actually, the needles should move whichever you’re using…

2. Do you have ‘Software volume control - ON’?
    RS150B > IN/OUT Settings > Digital output menu > Software volume control > OFF

3. Is RS150B connected to external DAC? With USB cable?

Regards,