[OTA] SW Ver 4.3(Rose 4.3.09) Software Release

RS520 is an Advanced all-in-one network streamer with built-in network player, DAC, and amplifier into one based on ROSE’s unique design know-how and Rose OS platform.

With Innovative Rose OS system, please enjoy various services such as ultra-high-quality music, 4K high-definition video, various radio stations around the world, CD playback/Ripping in high quality.

Read more

Digital photo frame function available
You can create your own digital photo frame with multiple photos in clock mode.
Display multiple photos stored in the storage device at any desired time interval with Auto Slideshow and show multiple photos at once using a collage method.

Enjoy the sound source by maintaining your own digital frame screen while playing music.
You can display the current date/day/time on the digital photo frame screen and set the text size and color. You can also use a digital photo frame as a screen without date/day/time information.

Play music while keeping the wide LCD screen as a clock mode.
HiFi Rose provides HiFi Streaming Service and naturally fits into a modern and classy interior.
Try more diversified clock themes.

Rose Radio supporting high-quality radio broadcasting

Rose Radio is a convenient service to browse and listen to radio channels around the world.
Experience HiFi radio service by searching high-quality radios using codec and bitrate information of channels displayed in detail, and enjoy listening to music by comparing sound sources of the same channel but with various codecs and bitrates.

Search for new channels in different categories, including countries, languages, and genres, and also experience radio that Rose users like to listen, such as Rose Featured Cannel and Local popular channels.
The previous radio service will be discontinued at the end of this year. Please move ‘Favorites’ and ‘My Radio Channels’ registered in the radio service to the Rose Radio Service.

System Performance and Improvements

• Update date: 2022/10/07 (Fri) AM 10:00 (GMT +9)
  • How to update: Settings → System information → Click “Update” and then update the system
  • Updated version: Ver 4.3 (Rose OS 4.3.09)
  • RoseConnectPremium for Android : Ver 4.3.09.1
  • RoseConnectPremium for iOS : Ver 4.5.48
  • Update for: RS520 /RS150(B) / RS250 / RS201

[Rose Streamer]

• Fixed the problem that the album was not displayed properly due to incorrect recognition of special characters and digits in the album name.
    (You need to rescan or initialize your storage)
    (Rose Streamer > Settings > System Settings > Media Library > Tap storage > Rescan DB)
  • Improved playback screen visibility (natural changes, auto-hide back bar, etc.)
  • Added function to select whether to display caching status
  • Added Tidal PlayLists filter function
  • Application of integrated home multi filter function
  • Set time zone > Add Denver, USA (GMT-7:00)
  • Rose Radio > My radio channel multi-delete function added
  • Modified to allow the previous playback channel to play immediately upon entry to Rose FM after standby mode/booting
  • Fixed the issue that the integrated queue is displayed instead of the playback display when playing music through RoseConnect after rebooting
  • Fixed the issue that the displayed album thumbnail disappears when playing again after the music has been played
  • Fixed the issue that the video playback options did not work according to the set run options
  • Fixed the issue that SMB/FTP ON was not applied immediately
  • Fixed the issue that the Eject button does not work even if the Eject button is selected after the last song of the CD has been played
  • Fixed the issue that RoonReady cover image is not displayed in DLNA OFF
  • Fixed the issue that ISO tracks were not played on USB output (DoP mode)
  • Improved USB DAC support

[RC Premium - Android]

• Fixed the issue that the focus of the currently playing video is not updated.
  • Fixed the issue where infinite loading of the list occurred when entering after TIDAL > Visual Album (individual track)_Share
  • Fixed the issue that the name is not changed properly when changing the sort in TIDAL > Playlist By TIDAL
  • Fixed App crash that occurred when selecting the three-point menu after entering the Qobuz > My Purchases_Share link
  • Fixed App crash that occurred when selecting a specific playlist in RoseHome > Favorite(Playlists)
  • Fixed the issue that the entire AppleMusic Playlist was not played when there were more than 300 songs

[RC Premium - iOS]

• Fixed the issue that pop-up does not disappear when sleep mode is canceled
  • Fixed the issue that the music folder was not played normally when the folder and the sound source were mixed
  • Corrected the problem that the ISO file extension did not play normally when uppercase letters were mixed
  • Fixed the issue where volume synchronization was not working properly
  • Fixed the issue where information was not displayed normally during Share function
  • Fixed the issue where information was not synchronized properly when changing devices

If you have any questions or need some support, you can contact our

dedicated Customer Success team via our Community.

Thanks,

Rose team

1 Like

Ok, thanks… but it doesn’t come with the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver for Android

Nice enhancements and fixes. So I hope the special characters issue is really fixed :slight_smile:

So I tried to check if the german umlauts charset thing is eliminated. So I deleted my db and did a rescan. The results are the same as in the previous version.

Albums with german special characters / umlauts in album title are still splitted into 2 album entries. One part is shown correctly with the german umlauts and one track or a few tracks from the same album are shown with some kind of cryptic character sign instead of the german umlaut, so its still impossible to listen to an entire album by album entry.

I think I figured out how the 2 album segments are splitted.

Assumed we have an album tag includes german umlauts like ä,ö or ü.
On this album we have track names, partial with german umlauts in title tag and some of them are normal names without german umlauts, sometimes with characters like “&”.
When I check the 2 album entries, I see 1 album with correct album title tag with german umlaut and the other is the cryptic sign at the position where the german umlaut should be placed.

The titles are splitted into 2 groups.
part 1 - when german umlauts are part of the title tag are listed in this album entry
part 2 - when no german umlauts are included into title tags are listed into the album entry with the cryptic inaccurate german umlaut in album tag.

I checked this behavior with another german album with 20 tracks on it. This album was segmented into 2 entries. Entry 1 = 19 tracks including tracks with track tags with and without german umlauts and the correct album name with german umlauts (“ä”) in it… the 2nd entry is shown with a wrong character at the position where the german umlaut “ä” should be placed. Its just a square instead of “ä” and has only 1 track and no german umlauts in title track. This one track includes a special sign “&” between words without special german characters.

Before I reported this here, I checked the id tags of my flac files a few times to make sure that an entire album has the correct spelling in album tag field.

Maybe we have a few german customers here to confirm this behavior?

@ROSELOA and Rose team, thanks for this update that I will study. Problem for me (RS250) with the almost inert peak level meters and one completely motionless.
Am I the only one in this case, where a problem with the update?

1 Like

Always hoping the next update will include uPnP.

1 Like

I have the same problem

2 Likes

VU Meters are corrected, they do not move at maximum level only in the middle. Maybe I would add them more vigor but it’s OK.
Information about the data transfer in the file has appeared.

@ROSELOA Hello. I found after upgraded to SW4.3, Chinese artist name of files from SSD or Tidal cannot be displayed (blank) but Japanese, English can be displayed.

Please check and fix, thanks

Hi Rose Team
Thank you for the update new SW! But I am afraid to tell you that the albums stored in RS150B internal SSD still cannot show the albums’ cover photos when using iPad Rose Apps (4.05.48) by using search function under music > folder. But the same albums can show the albums’ cover photos when stored in NAS.

Also the albums ripped by RS150B cannot show the albums’ cover photos when stored in internal SSD too. But it’s fine when store it on NAS.

I had rescan DB after installed the latest FW too.

This problem was happening since 6 months ago after installed the FW. I had reported in here and to your local dealer. But the problem still not being solve.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes thanks Rose Team but can you please give us some nice big peak meters? Which I have mentioned in another thread.
Regards Matt.

Even I reported this problem for three months and samples were given to Rose. This problem has still not be fixed in this version. I guess the users are a group of program debuggers worked for Rose rather than purchasers to enjoy their products! Very disappointed! :rage:

I have experienced same issue with my RS201! :worried:

The meters move when playing off local storage? When using Roon they still don’t move at all. I had hoped for a fix in the release.

@Basstech good for you … me it doesn’t work anymore since the update.
I don’t know what to do?

Just applied the update, still no -7 Mountain time zone?

Hi @rikibu - I can confirm you the issue of albums been saved split in two parts also for music that contains (in either Artist Name, Album Title and/or Song Title):

• German umlauts
  • Spanish Ñ
  • All sorts of hyphens and apostrophes
  • Symbols (such as ★, &, $, etc.)
  • Long dash signs such as - and —
  • In the SSD directory, albums with a number as a title (eg: Blur’s 13, Moby’s 18 or The Beatles’ 1) end up been saved as ‘Rosedisk 1’, ‘Rosedisk 2’, etc.
  • In the SSD directory some albums (no pattern here I could spot) end up been saved with strange sequences of letters/numbers (eg: DC4EGZ-A, MY4VBG-D, etc.)

Not only some albums end up been split in two which is very annoying, the album cover/artwork appearing TWICE next to one other on any screen and - besides - you can never play a certain album in its entirety, but also very weird/strange characters appear on screen (both main unit and App) with many visible errors - I am sure these are exactly as the cryptic characters you describe in your post. Please do check my posts on the CD Playing and Ripping section in this forum so you can see the screenshots too.

These problems were encountered having ripped - since last year - hundreds of CDs to the Rose, irrespective of specific languages, German, English, French, Italian, Scandinavian or else…

Sample files of what had been ripped have been sent to Rose about 6 months ago and - recently - we were also told on this forum that these issues would be addressed in the next update. Unfortunately, this hasn’t happened so far so I guess we will need to wait longer.

Currently my Music library is full of these errors and I sincerely hope that - at some point - these can be fixed and the all Library cleaned up too.

2 Likes

Only for understanding, because I’ll setup my RS250 tomorrow:
Will Rose write while scanning a library (mine is suited on a NAS) into this library (e.g. changing tags) or will created the db into the ROM?

I am getting a OTA failed message coming up, when i do the upgrade from 4.2.21 to 4.3.09. Need help, it has turned my unit into a paperweight.

TRY turning off the power switch in the back of the unit and wait a few seconds then turn it back on. IT WORKED FOR ME. Mine was a paper weight then started up like normal.

@alessandro
Thanks for confirming my investigated library behavior.
I also can confirm your additional told details related to the special character issue.
I also checked my tags with special characters and german umlauts and tried something. It doesnt matter if the tags are saved in UTF-8 or UTF-16.
I also can tell that the special character handling issue is related to the tag side only (and not the filenames itself because I dont have any special character/german umlauts in there because of compatibility with pCloud - my personal rescue backup :slight_smile: )

I really hope we grabbed enough information about this issue so the Rose developers can investiagete the behavior. I also sent special character files with german umlauts in the past.