[OTA] SW Ver 4.4(Rose 4.4.02) Software Release

Rose Engine’s various recommendations

Using information of the songs you’ve been listening to, Rose recommends your desired album.
Rose makes recommendations with deep and various songs based on your favorite artist, genre, album recently played, record label and RoseTube subscribers with similar tastes in music.
Please experience more about your favorite and discover new music by Rose’s recommendations.

Select the heart icon to your favorite artist

If you click the heart icon of your favorite artist, you can find the album in your Favorite menu and check artists of the songs you’ve recently played on the home screen. Rose Engine leads you to your desired album related to the artist.

Find your listening history you’ve been played

You can see the songs you’ve been listening to for a year and check your most listened on Tidal, Qobuz and Apple Music etc. Just for a few click, check your listening history of entire streaming service on the home screen.

Explore your most played album or tracks and replay the songs you used to love. You can find a great song that you forgot about.

Check out the most listened to artists of the year and discover new artists you haven’t heard.

Find a great album in your library

You can discover music that you haven’t heard in your own track and enjoy more diverse music.
Rose makes it easy to find exactly what you like by filtering your library using File Type, Bit, Sampling Rate criteria. Using filter function, you can enjoy random songs recommended by Rose Engine.

Parametric Equalizer

Starting with Rose Platform 4.4, the Parametric Equalizer feature is also available for RS250.
EQ is also applied when playing Rose Tube, video, BT, Airplay and CD play.

*It has been improved so that the width of Q factor can be adjusted more precisely (per 0.2 units).

[Rose 4.4.02 Software Update]

- Update date: 12/21/2022(Weds) 16:00(GMT +9)
- How to update: Settings → SystemInfo-> Tap “Update”
- Updated Version: Ver 4.4(Rose OS 4.4.02)
- RoseConnectPremium for Android: Ver 4.4.02.2
- RoseConnectPremium for iOS: Ver 4.5.55
RoseConnect for iOS will be updated after 1~2 days.
- Update for : RS150(B) / RS201(A) / RS250(A) / RS520

[Update Contents]

1. Added History Menu

• My Most Listened: Shows a list of the most listened to over the year
  • Shows the most listened list for each month for the last 12 months

2. Artist Favorites and Recently Played Artist function added

• Favorites for Artists supported for Tidal/Qobuz/Bugs/AppleMusic streaming
  • Supports recently played artists

3. You can remove recently played track, album, playlist, artist, Rosetube list

4. Added various album recommendation menu

5. System stabilization and improved points

• Able to search Rose users’ playlists in integrated searching

• Added a function to delete all recently played tracks, albums, playlists, artists, and Rose Tube lists

• Fixed the issue that Webdav tracks were not played

• Fixed the issue that RoseConnect’s 'go to playback screen function did not work during CD, ISO playback

• Fixed the issue of muting when playing BT/Airplay in the external input state

• Fixed the issue of muting when input is changed during RS201 playback

• Fixed the problem that the RS520 alarm did not operate at the set volume

• Fixed the issue of muting after rebooting in RS150/RS250 USB IN state

• Fixed the issue of muting for about 1 to 3 seconds from the first song when playing music after playing Rose Tube and video

• Improvement of TV HDMI information display misalignment

• Fixed the problem that CD decoding information does not change normally

• Fixed the issue that Chinese was not displayed properly in the artist area of the playback screen

• Fixed the issue where Tidal album art was visible when playing radio after entering standby mode while playing Tidal and then canceling it,

• Fixed the issue that album art was not changed when playing Roon Ready

• Fixed the issue that after connecting Airplay, the first album art was not displayed

• Fixed the issue that when there were a lot of database tracks(more than 6,000~ 10,000), database initializing didn’t work

• Fixed the app crash when passing midnight during Always On Display is ON

• Fixed AppCrash occurrence when accessing USB connected from Music->Folder after connecting a USB containing a specific file (only numbers in the file name)

• Fixed AppCrash occurrence when entering and exiting standby mode in a specific DAC

[RS520 MCU]

• Updated Version: Ver 1.2.30
  • Added eARC power interlock function ON/OFF menu (IN/OUT Settings → INPUT → Detailed settings)
  • Fixed the issue that mute is displayed when TV ON is applied in eARC mode
  • MCU update will be after software update.

[RC Premium - Android]

• Fixed a problem where Rose APP was not synchronized with the device when exiting standby mode in RC Premium after editing the menu

• Fixed a problem where playback was not possible through the three-dot menu after entering Tidal ‘Mixes Video For You’

• In Rosetube, fixed the issue that the public range settings in the Youtube library could not be changed and saved

• Fixed the issue that only one song is added when playing all Youtube songs in Rosetube

• Fixed the issue where the pop-up description text appears as country change instead of region change when Rose FM country is changed (USA)

[RC Premium - iOS]

• Fixed the issue that only part of My Playlist list is displayed when entering My Page
  • Fixed the issue that the subscribe button and function of the Rosetube full playback screen did not work
  • Fixed a problem where only 30 Rosetube subscription lists appeared
  • Fixed a problem where a blank page is displayed when selecting a thumbnail after entering the Rosetube subscription channel
  • Added all, shuffle playback function in Tidal Video > View All
  • Fixed the issue where the list appears and then disappears when you click “View All” on the Qobuz artist page “Apprears on”
  • Fixed long-term loading (about 1 minute) and AppCrash after entering a search term with no search results in video search
  • Fixed the issue that the first video is played when any content is selected in the video detail list

- Caution -

1. Do not turn off Rose streamers while update is on process.
  2. The audio system is updated after the SW update, so be sure to proceed when a pop-up occurs. (RS520)
5 Likes
  • Fixed the issue that Chinese was not displayed properly in the artist area of the playback screen

Finally fixed this bug, thanks a lot~~~

Hello, I need to ask. How is it possible that you added EQ to the Rose 250 and not the 150? I’ve been waiting for over a year now to be able to bypass my separate Dac and try the internal dac to the Rose R150B, but I need to add a EQ curve to compare this two. So for me I am not able to try my Rose 150 as a complete unit before I am able to add a curve. So please, could you please add the same EQ on the 150 too so I can use this wonderful streamer/dac/pre-amp as I intended?

Best regards from a almost 100% satisfied Rose-owner from Norway

Torgeir Sørense

6 Likes

Seit dem Update auf 4.4 kann man beim 201e den eq nicht mehr am digitalen Ausgang nutzen. Warum wurde die gute Funktion gestrichen?

First impression is okay, finally characters like ü and é are displayed properly at the RS150B screen
Thank you

1 Like

I can see the eq on my RS250, but settings do not seem to affect the output through coax. Does the eq only influence the rca output? Thanks.

1 Like

Seems to be the same with toslink connection. I‘ll try cinch later. The EQ setup is also missing in the Rose Connect App.

2 Likes

yeah, i can confirm it too.

Now german content is listed correctly :slight_smile:
Thanks to the dev team.

I agree, an EQ for the 150B would have been a nice addition.

Looks like they added other new functions but didn’t address many of the bugs in the prior version.

My biggest bug is no gap-less playback in Apple Music. Then there are other bugs like it will keep playing from a buffer when you have switched to a new track. None of these made it to the fix list in 4.4.

3 Likes

Great update, but I had hoped you would fix the bug where the fancy (fake) meters don’t work when playing DSD files. I also still cannot access my music files on my QNAP server, the RS150B being the first of many streamers I have owned over the past 15 years where I am having this problem. I had hoped for a fix that resolves that problem finally (and I know I am not alone based on the many messages I have read in this forum).

1 Like

Maybe this has something to do with the smb version?
Rose devices are only smb v1 compatible at the moment.

I hope one day we get a newer implementation in the future.

About smb, I own the 150B but now also looking at the Zidoo NEO Alpha 4K
Similar product but very good software and smb 1,2 and 3

1 Like

@hififan 150B works like a charm with my QNAP HS435DX.

Perhaps settings on your qnap arent configured correctly. Smb or other settings.

Go in your QNAP, authorize the SMB1 protocol, and the NTLMv1 protocol, if instead of NTLMv1 you only have the option for NTLMv2 deactivate it.

My directionary is setup as followed:
smb://192.168.178.150/MUSIC/

Good luck

Thanks for the EQ, great addition :+1:

That’s not the problem, of course it works with smb v1 protocol.
But it is not safe to use, Microsoft did disable the smb v1 protocol by default from windows 10

SMBv1 vulnerability is dangerous for larger networks. A modest home LAN should avoid SMBv1. For more information, see : Microsoft’s advisory Stop using SMB1.

My roon can’t convert DSD sample rate nor detect DSD format after updating to ver 4.4…

I am using RS250

1 Like

Dear Rose team,

Can you add the EQ function on mobile apps?

Thx

3 Likes

@Bitspeed mine has been running like that for quite a while and although there have been login attemps by hackers its never been breached

Thank you. I have SMB1 enabled (despite all the security warnings…) and I believe all related settings in my QNAP are correct. My RS150B connects to the folder/share and I can even browse through the content via the folder structure. However, when I want to scan the music in that share, I always get 0 music / 0 video files.

1 Like

@Insomniac Then you are lucky :slightly_smiling_face:
But still it isn’t the most safe protocol.
HiFi Rose should add smb2 at least