[OTA] SW Ver 4.4(Rose 4.4.02) Software Release

WOW Search function is awesome. In Qobuz I see hits almost instantly…Still having a look around. Hoping you integrate ability to load a YouTube specific channel in Rosetube but maybe not possible.

To the dev team of the ios app

Is it possible to make tabs invisible, when no account is configured?

It would be nice to hide unused stuff like apple music, tidal when i never use them. It would make it easier to focus on the important content sources which are really used

Sort order of the lower sections like music, cd,… would also be nice

1 Like

This problem has still not been fixed in SW Version 4.4:- :worried:

Hi, is the VU meter option gone after 4.4.02 update in the RS250? Thanks.

@ROSELOA , I thought the strange character issue was completely solved with the new update but it isn’t. This is Rose radio
See attached picture, this should say André van Duin

Can you list on witch inputs eq applys on all modells?

It seems very unclear.

1 Like

Rose connect (Mac) could not access Synology NAS after upgrade SW Ver.4.4.02. But smart phone normal.

Hello @Bitspeed , I will check about that. Seems like it’s Dutch, is it right?

Hello @tomashovas ,

1. No EQ is applied to the audio embedded in the video. - Video, Rose Tube, Tidal Video, Bugs Video.
  2. EQ is not applied to sound sources delivered from outside. It is recommended to use the EQ function of the transmitting device. - BT, Airplay, Spotify Connect, Roon Ready
  3. EQ is not applied to DSD sound sources.
  4. EQ is not applied to digital output.

About No.1 and No.2, we are planning to support them via software update, but not applied yet.
For No.3 and No.4, we will keep current status.

Hello @Aaron , Rose Connect for MAC is not updated yet. It will be in 1~2 days.

Hi, for me, it works. Switch (Rose Radio) to settings and there chose ISO-8859-1 (instead of UTF-8).

2 Likes

@ROSELOA I did switch to ISO-8859-1 (instead of UTF-8) like @CRTS told me and it seems okay now
And yes, Netherlands indeed

My own problem with accessing music files on my NAS while using BluOS was resolved by Bluesound’s very helpful tech support which established a fixed IP on my modem for me, after which I had no further issues.

Lost VU meters when using an external DAC. Also, if possible on the next update, to be able to adjust the EQ via the Rose app. Would be nice to sit in your listening chair and adjust the EQ there versus at the Rose box.

1 Like

this seems very logic because the sound conversion is done by your external DAC. the VU meter needs the internal DAC afaik. The sound goes from the DAC direct to your AMP/Speakers.
We all can’t have everything right

Before the upload, they work with the external DAC. I am able to get them to work. But I need to first turn on the DAC on the Rose, then switch it over. I used to not have to do that.

I am using and external dac as well but ;

1. vumeter does not work with usb output active
  2. vumeter does work with coaxial active output

Switching back from coaxial output to usb output bring the vumeter on while usb is active.

Please correct it for the next update.

1 Like

Forgot to say I am using the rs250

Thanks for the hint. Merci beaucoup pour cette information. Ça fonctionne en Belgique aussi!

De rien. But keep in mind: Every time, the system powers up, you need to do it again. I usually switch between ISO-8859-2 and ISO-8859-1. That doesn’t occur when you leave it in stand-by.