[OTA] SW Ver 4.5(Rose 4.5.05) Software Release

I’m quite happy that they are still making meaningful updates. I kinda gave up hope since easy typo fixes like “Recommand” (Recommend? , Recommended?) still haven’t been made in the IOS Rose Hifi app.

Rose’s engineers know exactly how to proceed. The most important thing is to ensure that the system remains stable for each new change you make. Therefore they proceed step by step and this, personally, I think is right. (I work in the IT field). These devices are very complex to manage at a sw level because they have many different functions to perform. They are not machines with two on/off buttons like most of those in circulation (and which, despite this, often even wrap themselves). Then there is also the sound aspect to be taken care of, which is crucial for being truly hi-end. The satisfaction of owning these machines and seeing them grow and evolve should be a source of great satisfaction for all of us. Greetings to all and good listening.

6 Likes

Hello EdwardPT,

I’m sorry about the issue. Would you let me know the followings…

1. I’m wondering if it’s just certain folders that can’t be deleted, or if it’s all folders.
  2. Can you delete a file in the folder that cannot be deleted?
  3. Do you use TIDAL or ROSETUBE caching?
  4. If your answer to No.2 is YES, is the caching folder in the folder that you’re trying to delete?

Best Regards,

@ROSELOA
Thanks for your message.
I decided to delete a set of folders (in order to update them with new metadata).
Have done that from MacOS through SMB.
Answering your questions:

1. Could not delete some folders with no apparent reason, while others were deleted.
  2. It was indeed possible to delete files inside a folder that was not possible to delete.
  3. Not using Tidal or RoseTube caching.

Meanwhile I decided to format the internal SSD and used File Manager to reset all the contents.
I must say it was an epic task. The File Manager did a good job but after copying 1TB of music files I had to wait several hours for the DB scanning to be complete (which in my personal opinion is unacceptable).
I’m now struggling with another epic task which is Playlists: not being able to export or create playlists from the app (iOS or MacOS), the only option available is through the front panel, selecting music one by one (dreadful task). Is there any other way to do it ?

@ROSELOA
Like I told too, I have the same issue deleting folders.
I can’t figure out why some of a bunch of selected number of folders are deleteable and others not.

In my case I have a folder called “collection” on my ssd and in this “collection” folder, there are 1162 folders (without more subfolders) in it at the moment. These subfolders are named like this “Artist - Album Name”…

Maybe it has something to do with long folder names? Otherwise the folders i couldn’t delete doesn’t have really long folder names.

2: all files are deleted, but the related folder remains on the rosedisk
3. i only use Qobiz
4. no caching folder is in my “collection” folder or subfolder of that “collection” folder

I found out, that the undeleteable folders are deleteable via ftp connection.

Hello,

Do you mean that you’re trying to bring the Playlists from TIDAL to ROSE?
If so, playlist synchronization for for iOS APP is not updated yet.
It will be updated in few days, I’m sorry to confuse you.

Hello,

Seems like we will have to test more about this.
Thank you for the detailed explanation.

@ROSELOA
I’m not using Tidal. Just want to create playlists for the local music stored in the internal ssd of the Rose.

Thank you for the new software release. Now we have SMB-2. Great !
But how do I delete SMB-1 from the RS 250 and my computer and how to install the new SMB-2 on Windows 8.1 ?

I have a mirrored SSD from my Synology NAS installed in my Rose RS150B but thought I would try the new SMB2 protocol addressing the NAS directly where my Music Library is stored. As per @kawao, my NAS is reporting SMB3 protocol connectivity.

NAS logs showing:
User [Rose] from [(192.168.25.160)] via [CIFS(SMB3)] accessed shared folder [Music].

My Synology NAS is a DS1621+ with a dual 400GB SSD r/w cache with currently 10.5TB of storage. The NAS has a 10Gbps backbone connection to my 4x10G/24x1G switches with a 1Gbps wired connection to the Rose DS150B.

Started a new database scan for my ‘Music Library’ folder within my ‘Music’ partition, timings as per the following:

• 19:05 Start DB media scanning
  • 19:52 Stopped media scanning, 21,894 tracks, moved onto DB Caching
  • 20:01 Stopped DB Caching

So 21,894 tracks scanned in 47 mins, followed by 14 mins of DB caching.

Good to do this test but I now have duplicate albums and tracks when the databases show under ‘Music’ - so will need to decide which to stick with - the NAS connection or the internal SSD.

Thank you ROSE for the continuous software updates that allow us to “fall in love” more and more with this fantastic machine!

However, I would like to report some “bugs” that occurred after the last update on my RS150B:

1. Turning on the Rose the Audio is not heard and to fix the problem I can act in 2 ways:
    -Restart ROSE.
    -Change audio output ( HDMI type ) from the “In-out settings” menu and then select the unbalanced R-L outputs again.

2. Selecting a track from my playlist from QOBUZ the chosen track does not start playing and the only way to be able to play it is:
    -Restart ROSE.
    -Select the “Play from this music” item from the drop-down menu, but at the end of the track it does not continue playing with the next track.

3. I see you have enabled SMB2 usage.
    I currently haven’t changed any settings on my ROSE since before the upgrade and I haven’t seen any improvements in data transfer speeds so I don’t understand what I need to do to switch from the current SMB1 to the SMB2 system…can you help me?..does it automatically?

Thank you for the continuous improvements you implement in this machine which in my view DESTROYS any other streamer in the market even if some “bugs” are still present.

Well done ROSE!

Any news on the iOS update yet?

1 Like

@ROSELOA
Any help about creating playlists of the local Rose stored music (internal ssd) ?! It seems the only way possible is one by one at the front screen panel. Not being able to export or create playlists through the app (iOS or MacOS).

Please, @ROSELOA any news about the iOS app update??

Hello @HansRoggen and @ParedesH

I’m sorry for late reply and update.

RC for iOS will be updated in 12 hours.

2 Likes

Hello,

Did you go to folders in Rose App?
You need to scan the files in ssd, and add songs to playlist in ALBUM (NOT FOLDER)

I will assume that you’ve scanned the songs in ssd already. (150b > music > set up > media library > scan ssd)

After scan is done…
Rose App > music > album > Tap the album you want to add to playlist > tap three dots menu and ‘add to playlist’

@ROSELOA
But that has to be done on the front panel of the Rose, right ?
At the iOS or MacOS App the option of “Playlist Add” does not appear !
On both the iOS or MacOS Apps the only option is “Queue List” and NOT “Playlist”.
Is this going to be implemented in the next iOS and MacOS Apps ?

Thanks Roseloa. I’ve downloaded the new app.
For the next update, could you please add the information in English, because 95 percent of your customers have no idea what the accompanying text says.

Hello,

Did you follow the steps? If you did, I guess you will see ‘add to playlist’

1. Rose APP in iOS > Music (at the bottom) > Album (at the top) > you will see many albums that you’ve scanned here.

2. Tap any album you want.

3. You will see 3 dots, tap the 3 dots.

4. You will see many menus, and one of the menu is with ‘+’ icon, named ‘add to playlist’.

1 Like

Hello,

In App store? I will inform it to developers.
Thank you for kind words.