[OTA] SW Ver 4.6(Rose 4.6.07) Software Release

Introducing the Ultimate Network Transport RS130, equipped with Rose OS 4.6

The RS130 is a pure source device, a network transport that can be digitally connected with external DAC products.

By adopting Fiber optic networking and USB, it perfectly blocks digital noise, and is designed to optimize stable digital output with a high precision OCXO clock.

RS130 supports an external master clock input to ensure compatibility between devices depending on the usage environment, and leads to playing network audio sources at the highest sound quality.

Enjoy high quality services such as ultra high definition audio and streaming, 4K high definition video, various radio broadcasts around the world, CD playback/ripping and more with the innovative Rose OS.

Music Cache Play feature supported

The caching function of the built-in audio source using the SSD mounted on the RS130 has been added.
This function operates automatically during music playback, and when caching is complete, a cache icon is displayed on the corresponding audio source.

The stored cache files can be deleted through the “Cache Manager” menu in Music > Settings.

Rose OS 4.6.06 SW Update Notice

- Update date: May 26th, 2023 (Fri) PM 18:00 (GMT +9)
- How to update: Settings → System information → Click “Update” and then update the system
- Updated version: Ver 4.6(Rose OS 4.6.07)
- RoseConnectPremium for Android: Ver 4.6.06.1
- RoseConnectPremium for iOS : Ver 4.6.01
- Update for: RS150(B) / RS201(A) / RS250(A) / RS520 / RS130

[ROSE]

1. Added RS130 model and UI features
2. Added RS130_Music Cache Play feature

• The caching function for the built-in audio using the SSD installed in the RS130 has been added.
  • The feature automatically operates during music playback, and when caching is complete, a cache icon is displayed for the corresponding audio.
  • You can delete stored cache files through the “Cache Manager” menu in Music > Settings.

3. Changes to the RS520_Analog Setting > Volume Table Setting menu and features

• The items and features in the volume table according to the speaker type have been changed (from 2 to 4)
  • You can set your desired item among BookShelf Speaker (default), TallBoy Speaker, Floor Standing Speaker, and Default Volume Curve.

4. Additional features/improvements and stabilization

• Added Russian language
  • Added system optimization waiting feature upon reboot
  • Fixed the issue of certain subscription channel videos in RoseTube stuttering
  • Fixed the issue where AppCrash occurred when playing a specific video on RoseTube with the TV ON
  • Logout synchronization in other places when logging out from Set and Connect
  • Fixed the issue where the VU needle didn’t move when using Software Volume Control
  • Fixed intermittent issues where music thumbnails didn’t display or displayed wrong thumbnails
  • Fixed the issue where all songs in an album played instead of entering the album when selecting an album from music search results
  • Fixed the issue where characters after a space didn’t display when changing the device name
  • Fixed the issue where playback did not immediately start when attempting to play RoseRadio in USB IN status
  • Made changes to prevent the use of special characters in the ID during FTP setup
  • Fixed the volume issue that occurs when you reboot after setting pre-out level settings

[RC Premium - Android]

1. Added RS130 UI and model
2. Feature additions/improvements and stabilization

• Display of App Type icon in the playlist page
  • Fixed the intermittent malfunction of the “Move to Now Playing” button in Integrated Queue
  • Changes to the RS520_Analog Setting > Volume Table Setting menu and features (Menu changed from 2 to 4 options)

[RC Premium - iOS]

1. Added RS130 UI and model
2. Feature additions/improvements and stabilization

• Added shortcut to playback screen
  • Changes to the RS520_Analog Setting > Volume Table Setting menu and features (Menu changed from 2 to 4 options)
  • Fixed the issue where VU Mode could not be set during Roon, Airplay playback
  • Partial UI modifications and system stabilization

Ever since update, my desktop app, has an issue with my login status needs to be checked.

I have logged out an back in many times.

Please advise

I appreciate the change to the VU meters when using software volume control, something that was on my wishlist for sure!

It is working great when I am using HDMI ARC, but when I stream via Roon the meters just go up to 100% and then stay static there/don’t move. Not sure if the same problem persists with other streaming options. Just wanted to note for a future fix as I love seeing those meters dance.

EDIT: I should add, I am observing this issue on the 150B

Hello,

PC version will be updated today.
Please try after PC version update.

What’s different in the .07 version?

https://community.roseaudio.kr/t/no-sound-on-analog-output/5569/16

Did the update today.
During the update i did something else and where i went back to see the status of the update there was a pop windows with information that there is a new Audio Firmware Version XMOS 3147 but i couldn’t accept to install it, pop up was frozen.
Since then i can navigate my 150B only by remote control. touch panel doesn’t work anymore.

Did some one else had this problem?

No-one asking about the RS130?

Sean,

How about the stand alone GaN amp?

Thanks Dennis. This has happened to me a couple of times as well. A quick reboot always fixed it, but hopefully it has been fixed permanent now.

Thanks to the Rose team for the prompt solution!

Since installing the 4.6.07 release on my RS520, the Windows Connect app, version 4.5.1, constantly shows “Check your login status” in a flashing message that doesn’t ever go away. I saw another person report this and there was an indication that the PC app is being updated, but I can’t locate a version any newer than 4.5.1. Any updates for this issue?

Can anyone in the community tell me where I can find: RS520_Analog Setting > Volume Table Setting menu and features (Menu changed from 2 to 4 options)

Thanks.

1 Like

I got the same problem with the MacOS app.

Hello
under input sources and then press the gear next to the speakers

greetings joerg

@ Joerg,
thanks for your help!

I found it and without ever having seen it, a Bookshelf speaker was selected ever since I have the RS520.
Now I could select default volume curve and is the sound warmer.
Especially when listening to Rose Radio the sound lacked warmth.
Much better now, Thanks.

This info should be coming from Rose and I am still waiting for a handbook to help us knowing all the settings, where to find them and how to use them.

Greetz, Paulus

@Paulus. I also had difficulty in finding this setting. Like you, the default was set to book shelf speakers and I have floor standing. As soon as I switched to floor standing, the volume levels increased dramatically and the sound was warmer.

Prior to the latest software upgrade, I couldn’t understand why the volume produced via the 250 watt ,per channel RS520 appeared to be less than my previous 50 watt per channel Naim Uniti. Now I do !
However, I still do not understand why there are two default settings - bookshelf and default volume curve. Can anybody explain what “default volume curve” actually means ?

This latest software update is excellent but also demonstrates the biggest weakness of the HIFi Rose experience - the lack of clarity and simple explanations for every function available on the product via a comprehensive user guide. This can be published online for downloading and should also contain videos and / or pictures to avoid misunderstandings etc. The current “ How to” videos on YouTube are pretty useless in my opinion and do not contain the necessary depth and detail required.

Such an initiative would surely help to improve the customer experience of a Rose customer, save time and free up valuable resource at HIFi Rose.

@Martini. I could not agree with you more.
I tried the 3 speaker-settings other than bookshelf and all are “warmer”.
Only thing is that when selecting floor standing the sound level is indeed higher. The risk there is that when your system goes to maximum volume by itself you risk to blow the speakers up.
So for the time being I continue with default volume control that has less volume.

And YES, all of us need a decent handbook to get to know all options and how to use them.
We may expect such a thing after having paid the amount of money that we have.
For example I still do not know how to use the Q-factor adjustments.
Paulus

@Paulus. Many thanks for your explanation . Much appreciated and I will try to be careful with the volume level !

It is remarkable that, to the best of my knowledge, the facility to select the speaker type has never before appeared on this forum and has never even been mentioned by either my country distributor or my dealer - especially when you consider the impact it has on sound volume and sound quality.
For example, there are forum discussions about the difference to sound quality a single fuse can make but until now, nothing about speaker selection !

I will highlight this particular topic to my dealer tomorrow. Meantime, it is to be hoped that the good people at HIFi Rose take note note of the many requests customers are making for complete, detailed user guides and publish them soon.

RS-250
After software updated, wake up and play song but no sound output , need to reboot and it show system update every time, so disappointed for your software team.

I also would like to thank you and @Jolle for taking the time to help and pointing out where to find this hidden setting for speaker size. Thank you @Paulus for asking the question - I would have not known to look! Never saw this mentioned in any of the very basic operating instructions - certainly agree that HiFi Rose has very amazing and great sounding product here, but without a much needed detailed operations handbook.

My RS520 also was set at the bookshelf default, and I have large floor speakers. Oh my gosh, WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I always wondered by an amp with so much power paled in comparison to my NAD with 150W/ch…it always seemed like I had to push the volume excessively to get the listening level reasonable. Now I must be very careful with the volume control, especially with the Rose Connect app.

Sure appreciate your help!

1 Like