[OTA] SW Ver 4.7 Software Release

Ver 4.7 SW Update Notice

- Update date: June 20th, 2023 (Tue) PM 14:00 (GMT +9)
- How to update: Settings → System information → Click “Update” and then update the system
- Updated version: Ver 4.7 (Rose OS 4.7.01)
- Update for: RS130/RS150(B)/RS201(A)/RS250/RS520

-Update content:

1. Addition/improvement and stabilization of functions
  • Fixed an issue where the clock input connection status was incorrectly displayed after booting when the external clock connection status was changed while the power was off.
  • Fixed a problem where the volume goes low after rebooting in the pre-out level setting and standby mode.

-caution -

1. Do not power off Rose during Software update.
  2. The audio system is updated after the SW update, so be sure to proceed when a pop-up occurs (RS130)
2 Likes

Hello,

Is it possible to know which functions were added or improved?

Thanks

Hello,

We had issue with ‘preout level settings’. When you keep the ‘preout level settings’ turned on and go to standby mode > and turn on again, you don’t hear any sound.
After update, even if you keep the ‘preout level settings’ turned on, you can hear sound.

3 Likes

Hello, I just submitted an email indicating that I am not able to update the system despite getting message. See picture attached.

When I use the steps in the notice, I get the message as well that this is the latest version.

Robert

@rayray57
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

eunseong96@citech.kr
If you send the model name of the Rose device you are using to the email above, we will send you an email including the update file and update method.

Thank you

My most recent two updates, including this one, all stuck at “Powered by Android” page. I had to manually restart the machine to continue the update. Luckily the update proceeded successfully each time. Is there anything wrong with my RS250? Would manually restart during update brick it? @ROSEHAN Thank you!

Hi Rosehan,

I have the same issues like rayray57, I cannot run the update, it stucks and I always get “connection time error” error.

I am very sure that my network works flawlessly, something else must be the cause. I also mention that it is for the first time when I cannot run an update, never had this issue before.

I have a HiFi Rose RS 150B, the last OS is ver 4.6.

Please let me know how I manually can run the update. Thank you.

My Update was without any issues. Thanks for fixing the Pre Out Level issue.

1 Like

The low volume on changing inputs HAS NOT BEEN FIXED ON THE ROSE 250 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

The recent updates are really problematic. I keep getting “the software needs to be optimized” message" and could only get rid of them by restarting…
Sometimes I also get notifications that the system needs to be restarted for stable operation. Please let me know what is going on with my RS250 @ROSEHAN @ROSELOA
This is only after the most recent 4.7 update.

@Marius, I received the Zip file via email and downloaded it to a usb thumb drive and it installed no problems this time. Thank you,

They can send to you as well.

Robert

Hello,

I updated my RS250 without any difficulty.

I would like to express my satisfaction with the latest 2 firmware versions, which install perfectly well on my device.

This was not the case with the previous versions where I was obliged to switch off my RS250 (despite the mention not to switch off the device).
I had major doubts about buying my streamer at the time. :frowning:
I’ve noticed that everything works fine after a factory reset.

I send you my encouragement for your work :slight_smile:

My Update was without any issues. Thanks, Suinodis

Hallo, nach dem Update auf 4.7 kann die App 4.6.3 nicht mehr korrekt verwendet werden…die gleichen Probleme wie vor 4.6.3…kein login, kein network, nun zusätzlich keine Qobuz-Integration…sehr traurig…
anscheinend ist die OS-Version nicht kompatibel, diverse Neustarts haben nichts gebracht…Bitte um Unterstützung!

Ich habe einen RS150 - bei mir läuft V.4.7.01 ohne Probleme, und am PC habe 4.6.03, läuft ebenfalls ohne Probleme und auf meinem Handy läuft die App ebenfalls.
Hast du den Rose am LAN oder am WLAN? Das kein Login mehr geht, könnte auch auf ein netzwerk Problem zurück zu führen sein. Klassiker hier wären, Router mal neu starten usw.

Ich habe einen RS150B im LAN und bei mir wird nach dem Update lediglich 4.7.01 als connectable device geführt. Dies auf dem iMac unter 4.6.03. Die iPads und das iPhone haben diese Problem nicht!
Alle Versuche haben bis gestern keinen Erfolg gebracht.
Seit heute ist das Gerät unter OS 4.6.06 im Netz und hat alle Verbindungen nach außen (Qobuz, etc.)…
Kann m.E. doch nur an der Software liegen oder am Server von citech liegen, oder?

1 Like

schräg finde ich, dass Du den Rose 2 mal in der Liste hast, einmal mit 4.6.06 und einmal mit 4.7.01
ich denke das MAC mit der Desktop SW hier Mèhe hat - denn auf WIN10 funktioniert das mit der gleichen Version prima. Sowohl am PC, wie über die Apps (Android - also komplett andere Welt als bei Dir).
Hoffe sie bringen bald eine revidierte MAC Desktop Version. Ich möchte meine nicht missen - allerdings habe ich Roon und steuere mittlerweile alles von dort.

1 Like

Danke für die freundliche Rückmeldung. Ich habe nun auch Roon und sehe dem Update etwas gelassener entgegen…Es ist aber schon erstaunlich, wie viel Probleme die Software macht. Die Hardware ist m.E gut…Derzeit denke ich an einen Wechsel auf den RS 130 nach…Aber auch dort sind Infos und Antworten eher rar. Es wird bspw. nicht auf veränderte Technik im Vergleich zum 150B, d…h. auf das Display, den USB 2.0 Port und bspw. die Fernbedienung eingegangen… Auch die Reviewer halten sich zurück…

Hi, I installed this update yesterday and whilst it has fixed the pre out level issue, however a new issue has been found.

I use TOSlink and eARC outputs from from Sony OLED TV (PCM/SPDIF outputs) into my RS150b, which used to work fine but with the latest update I am getting noise and distortion of audio through the two inputs. The only thing which has changed is the SW version of the RS150b.