Playing my music

I barely use Tidal, so my main source of music is my SDD with 18000 files. I curated my library, and it is organized, with work art, etc. When I am not listening to a particular record, I like to listen to by genre. Let’s say Jazz, but I want to shuffle and not to listen to all the tracks sequentially. I do not see a way to play a whole genre let alone how to shuffle it. In any case how can I make a playlist with a whole genre or a bunch of tracks all at once?
Can anybody help me?

1 Like

@afa2022

I will explain how to use the RoseConnect app to save a desired song to My Playlist and then play it.

1. In the RoseConnectPremium app, click Music marked in red at the bottom.

2. If you scroll to the right in the “Music home” section at the top, “Folder” appears. Press the “Folder”

3. Please click on your SSD folder.

4. Click on the album you want to add to your playlist.

5. Do you see the songs in your selected album?
    Then click the three red dots button in the upper right corner.

6. Please click “Add to Playlist”

7. If you want to create a new playlist, click “Create New Playlist”.
    If you want to save a song to an existing playlist, select the desired playlist.

8. If you click “Create New Playlist”, fill in the blanks and click Complete in the upper right corner.
    And ㅅhe songs in the album are saved in a new playlist.

9. Click “Home” in the lower left corner.
    If you scroll to the right in the “Home” section at the top, “My Page” appears. Press the “My Page”

10. Please go to the playlist you have created.

11. If you want to play all the songs in the playlist, press the play button or the 3 dots button to play.
    - Add to the end of the queue : All the songs in the album goes to the end of the queue
    - Empty the queue and add: All the songs in the queue is deleted and all the songs in the album is added
    - Add to a direct play : All the songs in the album goes to the top and playes directly
    - Add to play next: All the songs in the album is added below the current streaming music

Lastly, when the shuffle function marked in red in the lower right turns to gold, the songs in your queue are played randomly.

If you want to know more about Queue and playlist, Please read the post below.

Thank you

Thanks. But this does not address my issue. First when I go to step five the menu does not indicate add to playlist (I am using the iOS ap). IMG_1021.PNG|230x500 )
But on the other hand, I want to play a whole genre. So, let’s say if ai have 600 CDs in one genre, do I have to add to a playlist one by one? . That is not the way to manage a big library…

I read this post but again dos not solve the problem. Making a playlist is unnecessarily cumbersome. Is ok to add a couple of cd but if you need to manage hundreds it is imposible to work this way or there is something I am missing…

1 Like

In the Genre classificationn appears a play icon on top of every genre, which when clicked nothing happens. If you guys can fix that, the problem will be solved!

2 Likes

@afa2022

I’m sorry to tell you that currently there is no way to select and play all songs on your SSD album.

Thank you

Apple music, Audirvana, Roon all has this simple feature. Hard to think such a crappy software runs in an otherwise excellent machine. Database rescan, which must run every time you add new music, takes hours in a 1 TB disk. You should try to improve the software asap.

1 Like

Ok …ive tried to do the same as the op …

My solution is to place tracks or albums into a playlist … then select that playlist start play with the crossed arrow symbol …then selct the next track …this should drop a track into play randomly.

The down side is the limited number of tracks you can do this with …as far as i can tell

But im still learning the machines quirks …

Perhaps a really extensive user manually would be a good idea …

You could do far worse than go and read the RME ADI 2 Operating manual as an example of how to do it !