How to use Queue and Playlist

Hello Hi-Fi Rose users
Let me explain, how to use Queue and Playlist

Q: What is the Queue?
A: Queue is a function that adds and plays the sound source you want to listen to from Playlist, Qobuz, TIDAL and RoseTube. All the sound sources you play will be added to the Queue. It can be added up to 3000 sound sources.

Q: What is My Playlist?
A: My Playlist is a function that creates and saves the sound source of Qobuz, Tidal, and RoseTube. In simple terms, you can save your favorite songs or genres to MyPlaylist and it doesn’t matter whether the sound sources are from Qobuz, Tadal, or RoseTube.

Q: How to make My Playlist?
A: Choose a song you want to add to My Playlist

The + sign among the marked parts is a function to add the entire song.
The three dots among the marked part is a function to add only the corresponding song.
If you want to add only a few songs, you can play the songs and add them from the queue.

Click New PlayList

Enter the title and introduction.

This will create the album in My Playlist

Q: How to edit My Playlist?
A: From My Playlist choose an album you want to edit

Click the three dots among the marked

Click Edit playlist

1 mark: You can edit title and introduction
2 mark: You can edit Public setting
3 mark: You can change the order of the songs by holding down the 3 line bar
When you are done editing, please click Save Editing Content

Q: How to play Playlist?
A: From My Playlist choose an album you want to play

Click the three dots among the marked

- Add to the end of the queue: All the songs in the album goes to the end of the queue
- Empty the queue and add: All the songs in the queue is deleted and all the songs in the album is added
- Add to a direct play: All the songs in the album goes to the top and playes directly
- Add to play next: All the songs in the album is added below the current streaming music

1 Like

Hallo,
wie kann ich meine gesamte Datenbank zu einer Playlist hinzufĂŒgen?
Gibt es eine sinnvollere Möglichkeit die gesamte Datenbank zu nutzen (shuffle, suchen und abspielen, 
)
Danke fĂŒr die Info

For over half a year I’ve been asking for a PROPER shuffle feature, but the software engineers at ROSE are simply not competent enough to give us that. It’s shocking considering my Olive 4HD could do that 13 years ago! Do not expect anything of this lot! :rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

@Socke

We are here to answer your questions.

1. If you want to add the entire album stored on your USB external hard drive or SSD to the Playlist, please follow the method below.
    In the RoseConnect app, go to Music, select your USB external hard drive or SSD, and select the album you want to add to the Playlist.
    Please press the button marked in red in the photo below.

2. If you want to add the album you want to the Playlist on a streaming app such as Qobuz, Tidal, or Apple music, please refer to the picture below.

Recently, my playlists are either empty or missing a lot of songs that were added. Any idea how to restore or get them back?

@vipartha

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please check a few things.

1. Rose device → Rose Home–>Total home–> My playlist–> Is “All” selected as shown in red in the picture below?
  2. RoseConnect app–>Explore–>My playlist–>View all–>Is “All music” selected as shown in red in the picture below?
  3. Do you want to recover music that you accidentally deleted?
    If so, it is impossible.
  4. Playlist is not automatically deleted. Please check the above and let me know the results.

@ROSEHAN @ROSELOA

Hi,

Thanks for responding. Yes I am able to select Playlists → 'All’ and all my playlists show up, but if I select just Type —> ‘Music’, only four show up. Please see both screen shots. That why I was asking how do the filters work. For example, ‘Hits of Ilaiyaraaja’ contains only songs from my music. So it should show up. Actually, when I go to Music → MyMusic → My Playlists, ‘Music’ type gets selected by Default, and every time I have to change the filter to ‘All’, for other playlists to show up, which are extra few clicks that is unnecessary.

Secondly, the playlists that I created had lot more songs. One fine day, they all became empty or had just a few songs. This happened after the new software upgrade (I think) which is the only change recently. For example, the one I have shown in the email (Hits of Ilaiyaraaja) had more than 240 songs and now it has only 20. It had only 4-5 after they got deleted, and I have added a few more to make it 20. Not sure how it happened. I didn’t delete any of them.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vishy

when I go to MyPlaylists (Music gets selected by Default and only 4 shows up)

I have to select All from the Dropdown to view the other playlists

Select All (My question is how are the others filtered and why are they not showing up)

Playlist (Hits of Ilaiyaraaja) has only 20 songs. Originally had close to 240 songs which I did not delete:

@vipartha

Let me explain a little more briefly.

When set to All, all playlists are visible. Also, if the playlist contains a mixture of music + Tidal, Qobuz + Rose Tube, etc., it will not appear even if you set it to Music, Tidal, Qobuz, or Rose Tube, and will only appear if you set it to ALL.

‘Hits of Ilaiyaraaja’, which only has music and is not a playlist made up of Tidal, Qobuz, or Rose Tube, does not seem to be visible even if you create a playlist in the integrated queue and classify it as Music. To make it appear when the category is set to Music, you must go to Music–>Folder–>Storage–>Add Playlist.

@ROSEHAN Thanks for your response.

You mean on the unit or in the app?
When I go to Music on the unit, the second one is the Playlists and I see only the four that appear of type Music. I can add a new playlist there. I added The same one as the one that shows up in All.

When I go to the folder, which is the fourth on the left side, it only has the folders that have added from my NAS.

When I go to the app, I don’t see Storage under Music → Folder. I only see Add Network Folder

Sorry if I missing something.

After I added the New Playlist, nothing is showing up on the app.

Rosehan,

I’m still having difficulty with the Queue function.
Above you say “All the sound sources you play will be added to the Queue.”
My queue mostly consists of a list of songs which I don’t recognize and which I have never played. How is that possible if the Queue consists of sound sources I have played?

This explanation was also added from a user “Queue is a function that adds and plays the sound source you want to listen to from Playlist, Qobuz, TIDAL and RoseTube. All the sound sources you play will be added to the Queue”
Same question. If this is so that only the songs I have played are added to the Queue then where did all the songs on my Queue that I have never played end up in the Queue?

Here’s a screenshot of the first page of 175 of my latest played tracks. I’m old but I don’t remember playing any of these.

I’ve been poking around on the Queue and I saw a prompt for "recommended queue? Could this have something to do with all these unknown songs? What is it and how do you turn it off?

StandardModel

UPDATE: My Apple ID has been hacked and somebody was using my account to play music. This probably is the cause for such a weird Queue. I’ve changed my Apple password so we’ll see if this fixes things. I need some help. The Taylor Swift album that RoseConnect shows that I have Listened to in Apple Music is an album I’ve not had in my Apple Music Queue or for that matter ever listened to. So how did it get into my Apple album Queue? Is it possible someone is using my HiFiRose credentials? How can I delete it?

RoseConnect shows I have played Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Jellyroll, Chris Pine, Jessie Murph, Jamie Foxx, Ariana Grande, Whitney Houston, and a hundred others whom I have barely heard of and would NEVER play. Can you help me fix this, please. Now that these are in my RoseConnect, how do I delete them and where is this coming from?

@StandardModel

Please see below for the recommended playlist you mentioned earlier.

If you feel that someone else is using your Apple Music account, please change your Rose account password. Doing so will log out any existing users of your Rose account.
Can’t log in to the account you signed in before?
Rose device–>Settings–>User account–>Log in–>Enter your ID and password and click Log in.

If you cannot log in, please enter your rose account email address in RoseConnect app–>Settings–>My page–>Find ID/Password–>Find Password and click Reset password.

If the above fails, please leave your rose account email. Then, after confirmation, we will issue a temporary password to your email.
eunseong96@citech.kr

eunseong96@citech.kr,

I haven’t shared my user account or password with anyone. There are only two people in my house, myself and my wife. The RS130 has never been moved from my media room. If this has occurred, then it’s a result of hacking. That makes no sense to me because the hacker would also have to have a Rose device. I have changed my Apple Music password.

I have carefully looked through my Apple account. It doesn’t appear that someone has been playing that type of music through the account. All I see is normal, no sign of a young person’s tastes which is what’s showing up on the RS 130 and RoseConnect. This leads me to believe that the problem is not on the Apple Music site.

Is it possible there is a misdirected database pointer?

StandardModel

Update:

In my recently played albums from Tidal there are many albums I have neither played nor seen before : Bitches Brew, Privateering, Garcia, Watch, Feel, Happy Sad, Feel, Romantic Warrior and many many more. When I look at “Recently Played” in Tidal NONE of these albums are listed.
What is going on?

I’ve reset my password in RoseConnect.

Eun-Seong Han,

This problem with unwanted artists and albums has raised a question. Is there any way short of a factory reset to remove Artists and Albums that were added inappropriately in my account? I don’t see any way to delete them. Is there one?

StsndardModel

@StandardModel

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

From what I’ve seen, it looks like someone is using your Rose account that has Apple Music logged in.

Even if you factory reset your Rose device, Artists and Albums that were added inappropriately cannot be deleted.