Please add upnp

It seems really weird that upnp isn’t supported. I can’t see my media server. I would have thought that it was a given with dnla.

3 Likes

Hello @Neil

Features related to UPnP media discovery and addition are not yet under consideration.
If the parts that need to be developed are sorted out in the future, we will review the support again.

Thank you

Hi @ROSEHAN:
Are you officially representing HIFIROSE to say that?
As I see from your website, RS150B, is officially mentioned DLNA is supported but on the other hand you say NOT SUPPORTED?
In fact, I just created an DLNA server and could not use R150B to find it, how come?

Hello @Paul.LKW

I think I made a mistake. Sorry for the confusion.
We do provide DLNA functionality, but UPnP functionality is not currently in the plans to add.

Thank you

Hi @Neil & @Paul.LKW I made a similar thread long time ago here UPNP didn't work
You can read that there currently no plan to add a server functionality.
I hope that will change sometimes.

1 Like

So do I, it seems a bit shoddy that a cheap raspberry pi can do it but not a premium machine like the RS250.

1 Like

@Neil
Lucky is I could sole it out fast (just yesterday) as the price is still reasonable high enough this band is crazy, many many bug on the OS, the forum always say these feature not supported those feature not supported and no schedule to add this to.
So I finally could say I do not have schedule to buy Rose any more as well.
In fact the so called flagship model RS150B now is using ES9038PRO DAC chip is a retrogression it is no more AK4499EQ
Say bye to Rose.