[PREVIEW] Upcoming ROSE 4.0

Dear ROSE customers,

ROSE 4.0 is coming!

To become a complete network player, ROSE evolves again. Leaving behind ROSE 3.0, which we’ve been using for about 18 months, the ROSE 4.0 update is due at the end of November. We’ll give you a brief introduction to what updates will be available.

1. Integrated music management

If you are a music lover, you will be using a variety of streaming and soundtracks. For you, we plan to put a variety of streaming and soundtracks in one queue and one playlist.

(Music, Rosetube, Tidal, Qobuz, Bugs)

1. Search

Search across all streaming sources in use. Even if you enter a single search term, you can see numerous search results and add the music you want to your playlist.

(Only services in use are displayed - if you are not using Tidal, search results for tidal are not displayed)

1. Queue

You can easily edit your playlist. Restarting the device does not erase it. Recommends and automatically plays content related to the content being played.

1. More info.

More detailed information is provided on the playback screen. (Codec, bit, sampling rate, related content)

We plan to support lyrics by streaming, one by one. (Currently only Bugs are supported - Korea only)

1. Digital output volume control with dedicated software

You can control the volume in Rose even when using an external USB DAC that does not support UAC 2.0 volume control.

(For USB, Optical, Coaxial, AES, I2S, HDMI)

(Native DSD or DOP not supported)

1. Apply Shazam to the radio

Apple’s Shazam is applied to Rose radio. If you’re listening to the radio and find a good song, you can use Apple’s Shazam to search for it. If music information is available, you can search in Rose search tool immediately.

In addition to this, there are many more updates. Also, many existing issues will be fixed.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in fixing the issue as it took more time than planned.

This update does not end there. We will continue to fix issues and provide more convenience to ROSE customers based on the new ROSE 4.0.

Thank you for waiting.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. I am very excited about the new version.

May i have a suggestion about the faults of Traditional Chinese translation of RS150B.

There are 2 errors:

1. EJECT
  2. CD Ripping

The meanings of the Chinese characters which shows on the panel are totally wrong and weird, i cannot figure out what that 2 buttons unless i see the patterns if the logos.

Hope improve asap.

2 Likes

Looking forward to the new ROSE OS 4.0!

May I suggest capitalizing the first letter of each word? I know Taylor Swift got this trend going with all lower case letters, but I prefer to see them in a normal way. Also please use all capital letters for things like “MP3”, “FLAC”, etc. Thanks!

1 Like

Will the upcoming 4.0 include fixes to the problems with CD ripping and/or Music Files transferred to internal SSD?

I am referring to the character/symbol/letter/type errors as well as some albums ending up being saved split in two parts!

This now happens - repeatedly - also with perfectly healthy/checked/vetted music files not ripped by the Rose but just transferred to the SSD.

If in the album/artist/song there are accents (È, Á, Ó, etc.) or hyphens ( ’ ), or other symbols…then the final results are very likely to look all wrong once saved to the Rose.

Given that files cannot be edited nor deleted (yet), this is currently a major source of annoyance and frustration, getting in the way of the listening & quality of sound experience which remains absolutely fantastic.

Just updated to 4.0 and - unfortunately - there is no change/improvement on these issues.

I fully agree with you, this is one of the things why I didn’t buy one yet.
Have the money ready but for 4000 euro you might expect an unit without this little annoying issues.
In screen shots I see some items are written with capitals, and some other in the same menu without capital.
Saturday December 18th I have an appointment for a RS-150 listening session and then I will have good look at the interface

1 Like

That’s one of the “imperfections” but won’t really affect the functionality of HiFi Rose streamers. IMHO it shouldn’t be a deal breaker for you either. I understand English is not native language of the engineers but changing fonts/capitalization in the UI should be the least challenging task for them.

1 Like