[Rose Platform 4.0] [OTA] SW Ver 4.0(Rose 4.0.05) OTA Release

Thank you for giving me advice.
I feel stupid, but cant find the send button. When I click on a username I only see this:

For some reason I havent earned the right to message anyone yet. Perhaps to low trust level?

Hello,

My 150B got trouble after the Firmware 4.0 has been updated.

Error message as below after switched on and repatedly. All music can’t be played !

Please help me to fix it.

Thanks a lot.

@ROSELOA @LAUKM I am having the exact same issue. Happened twice today asking me to restart Tidal. This update is starting to concern me. Appears to be unstable.

Hello, sent message to @utene , @Bedroc , @Nomad and @Rene .

If you are experiencing the same or similar situation,
Please give me a ‘message’ by summarizing the answers below.
This is to protect your personal information.

Please let me know the followings:

1. What’s your ROSE model? > (RS150? RS250? RS201?)
  2. What’s your ROSE ID? - You can see here… RS150(250,201) > Setting > ROSE ID
  3. Where’s the region you are located?
  4. What’s your email address?

Hi, here is the information

1. Rose 150

2. RoseID: 0B33CF

3. Europe- Sweden

4. Email: robert.r.carlsson@gmail.com

Current firmware: 3.8

Thank you.

HiFi ROSE

[PREVIEW] Upcoming ROSE 4.0

ROSE NOTICENotice

[PREVIEW] Upcoming ROSE 4.0

ROSE NOTICENotice

/

admin

14d

Dear ROSE customers,

ROSE 4.0 is coming!

To become a complete network player, ROSE evolves again. Leaving behind ROSE 3.0, which we’ve been using for about 18 months, the ROSE 4.0 update is due at the end of November. We’ll give you a brief introduction to what updates will be available.

1. Integrated music management

If you are a music lover, you will be using a variety of streaming and soundtracks. For you, we plan to put a variety of streaming and soundtracks in one queue and one playlist.

(Music, Rosetube, Tidal, Qobuz, Bugs)

1. Search

Search across all streaming sources in use. Even if you enter a single search term, you can see numerous search results and add the music you want to your playlist.

(Only services in use are displayed - if you are not using Tidal, search results for tidal are not displayed)

1. Queue

You can easily edit your playlist. Restarting the device does not erase it. Recommends and automatically plays content related to the content being played.

1. More info.

More detailed information is provided on the playback screen. (Codec, bit, sampling rate, related content)

We plan to support lyrics by streaming, one by one. (Currently only Bugs are supported - Korea only)

1. Digital output volume control with dedicated software

You can control the volume in Rose even when using an external USB DAC that does not support UAC 2.0 volume control.

(For USB, Optical, Coaxial, AES, I2S, HDMI)

(Native DSD or DOP not supported)

1. Apply Shazam to the radio

Apple’s Shazam is applied to Rose radio. If you’re listening to the radio and find a good song, you can use Apple’s Shazam to search for it. If music information is available, you can search in Rose search tool immediately.

In addition to this, there are many more updates. Also, many existing issues will be fixed.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in fixing the issue as it took more time than planned.

This update does not end there. We will continue to fix issues and provide more convenience to ROSE customers based on the new ROSE 4.0.

Thank you for waiting.

• created

14d

• [

last reply

]([PREVIEW] Upcoming ROSE 4.0 - #8 by Dion)

7m

replies

Wideglide

14d

Thanks for the update. I am very excited about the new version.

Wesley

14d

May i have a suggestion about the faults of Traditional Chinese translation of RS150B.

There are 2 errors:

1. EJECT
  2. CD Ripping

The meanings of the Chinese characters which shows on the panel are totally wrong and weird, i cannot figure out what that 2 buttons unless i see the patterns if the logos.

Hope improve asap.

tomwoo

14d

Looking forward to the new ROSE OS 4.0!

May I suggest capitalizing the first letter of each word? I know Taylor Swift got this trend going with all lower case letters, but I prefer to see them in a normal way. Also please use all capital letters for things like “MP3”, “FLAC”, etc. Thanks!

alessandro

7d

Will the upcoming 4.0 include fixes to the problems with CD ripping and/or Music Files transferred to internal SSD?

I am referring to the character/symbol/letter/type errors as well as some albums ending up being saved split in two parts!

This now happens - repeatedly - also with perfectly healthy/checked/vetted music files not ripped by the Rose but just transferred to the SSD.

If in the album/artist/song there are accents (È, Á, Ó, etc.) or hyphens ( ’ ), or other symbols…then the final results are very likely to look all wrong once saved to the Rose.

Given that files cannot be edited nor deleted (yet), this is currently a major source of annoyance and frustration, getting in the way of the listening & quality of sound experience which remains absolutely fantastic.

alessandro

7d

Just updated to 4.0 and - unfortunately - there is no change/improvement on these issues.

Dion

7m

Hi, thanks for the the latest version 4 update! I’ve recently purchased the RS250 (in Australia) and it’s an amazing little unit! But, I’ve found it frustrating that the Optical and HDMI output volume control does not work when using the front volume knob or via the HIFI Rose app when the RS250 unit is connected to my Sony Soundbase HT-XT1 with Optical or HDMI inputs.

I’ve also tried the USB output from the RS250 to USB on my Intel NUC i7 PC with your audio driver installed and still can’t get the output volume controls to work… Even though you state:

“4. Digital output volume control with DSP developed by Rose. Rose Platform 4.0 provides digital volume control using software.”

And in a previous post you mentioned:

"5. Digital output volume control with dedicated software

You can control the volume in Rose even when using an external USB DAC that does not support UAC 2.0 volume control.

(For USB, Optical, Coaxial, AES, I2S, HDMI)"

Is there anyway to get the output volume to work on the RS250 unit or when using the app when Optical or HDMI output is used?

Can you please help resolve the PC audio driver not working on my Intel NUC PC as well?

Thank you,

Dion

Hello @Dion ,

About…

1. PC to RS250, USB connected but no sound.
  1. Volume control on digital outputs
  • RS250 > IN/OUT Setting > Touch the ‘Gear’ icon on the digital output that you want. > Software Volume Control ‘ON’
    See the instructions on the screen. If you still have other problems, please let me know.

Hello @duffer5, @LAUKM and @TheGM ,

We will be releasing a stability patch soon.
I guess things will get a lot better.
However, can you tell me specifically how the restart button appears, just in case?

Hi @ROSELOA,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

In the RS250, in IN/OUT setting, is ‘USB IN’ activated? - No, I’m using the RS250 unit as the Input.

I have downloaded and installed the CITECH USB Audio Device Driver successfully again without any issue installing the software, but it’s not showing the “Speaker (RS250-DAC)” in my PC’s Device Manager under Audio Inputs and Outputs.

1. Volume control on digital outputs
  • RS250 > IN/OUT Setting > Touch the ‘Gear’ icon on the digital output that you want. > Software Volume Control ‘ON’ - OK, done, this was not on previously.

I’m using a USB cable from the RS250 USB Audio Out connected the the front USB on my Intel NUC PC (NUC8i7BEH), but get a message on the RS250 “No USB DAC found” when selecting USB as the Audio Output on the RS250 In/Out Settings…

Hello, aren’t you trying to get your PC’s sound out via RS250?

If so, enable ‘USB IN’ in IN/OUT Setting of RS250.

Hi @ROSELOA,

After setting the Software Volume Control ‘ON’ in the ‘Gear’ settings of the Optical or HDMI Outputs this has fixed the issue with the volume knob and volume control via the ROSE App not working previously, thank you!

Re: aren’t you trying to get your PC’s sound out via RS250?
If so, enable ‘USB IN’ in IN/OUT Setting of RS250.

I’ve tried both ‘USB IN’ and ‘USB OUT’ from the RS250 connected to my Intel NUC PC and still can’t get my PC to recognise the RS250 using the CITECH USB Audio Device Driver downloaded and installed from your link you provided.

If you connected another USB DAC to your RS150B, activate ‘USB’. If not, do not activate it.

When you connected RS150B with PC via USB cable, activate ‘USB IN’. (Sound signal comes IN to RS150B

Do you have any other USB cables? Can you test with another one?
Also, how long is your USB cable? If it’s too long, it could be the problem.
Occasionally, there are customers who extend the USB cable by connecting a USB cable. In this case, it may not be recognized.

Also, would you try other ports?

Hi ROSELOA,
Thanks for your prompt response.
The error message will appear once “Music” or “Video” were selected.
For the English :

For the Chinese :

Except Radio, all the music and video files as well as RoseTube with no response.
I am happy io submit more information, if needed.

Hi @ROSELOA,

I have the RS250 unit :slight_smile:

I don’t have another USB DAC, when I connected my PC to my RS250, I was using short USB 2.0 Type A to A Cable that didn’t work. I only have another USB 3.0 Type A to B Cable, but the USB 3.0 Type B connection won’t fit in the RS250 USB Audio In connection, e.g.

https://www.lindy.com.au/1m-usb-3-0-type-a-to-b-cable-cromo-line-6017

It looks like I need a USB 2.0 Type A to B Cable to connect to the RS250 USB Audio In, e.g.

https://www.lindy.com.au/1m-usb-2-0-type-a-to-b-cable-anthra-line-grey

I’ll try again (connecting my PC to the RS250) when I get a USB 2.0 Type A to Type B cable.

I’m just happy that the volume control now works via Optical and HDMI out even via the ROSE HiFi app :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Dion

LAUKM provided the error/restart message I am seeing. Also, I have seen this same error on Tidal. Message reads, “Restart TIDAL for stable system operation”. In all cases if I click this all music playing stops and resets. No queue is present and I have to go back to find my previously playing choice.
I left this on screen in one instance and music kept playing…for a few minutes, then stopped.

@ROSELOA Hello @LAUKM already posted a image of how the error occurs but in my case it is related to Tidal and I only regain access to play any music when I agree to reset. This has happened 3-4 times since the upgrade to 4.0. I will my best to screen capture if it occurs again but until the reference @LAUKM’s screen shot. The warning is very random and just presents itself randomly while listening to music.

I keep getting the restart rosequeue message.
I am using the rose 201e
ID OA92C6
Singapore
davidwlie@yahoo.com

Thanks

Come on guys, there are a ton of faults in this firmware, weird recommendations, unknown artist while it’s in the screen already ?!
And please show the name of the song instead of the filename, it’s a streamer, not windows explorer.

1 Like

Hi,

what I am missing in this firmware update is the autostandby function.

After the update I cannot play my albums. Only selected tracks. Display says „Start roseque for stable system operation“ German. „Restart“. Still the same problem. What is the solution? Thank!!