Ra180 Unequal channel balance

I recently got a ra180 and I noticed that the channels are OK when it’s quiet, but it starts out uneven more to the left when l turn it up louder. When Rose works with an external preamplifier, the problem does not exist.Has anyone had this problem?

@Rogdar
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I have a few questions for you.

1. If you switch the left and right channels when connecting the RA180 to a speaker, does the same symptom appear on the opposite channel?
  2. When you connect RA180 to a streamer, does the same symptom occur even if you use a different cable?
  3. If you have another amplifier, does this symptom not appear when connected to your streamer?
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Yes
    I also tried other sources like cd. Also the expression that the sound is heard more strongly on the left. I will check it on other speakers. It seems to me that the effect is intensified in bridged mode.

Oh yes i do but with a RS520.

I returned it to the shop, they checked “everything” and could not find a problem. But the problem does exist.
I also operate the RS with direct speaker output and get the impression that the channels are NOT equally balanced. When i operate it via the pre amp and power amp i do not have this disbalance in the channels.

Now how to explain and find proper wording to get this repaired within the warranty…

@Rogdar

Your answer now does not indicate that it is a problem with RA180.
If you have another streamer, you should check if the same problem occurs when connected to RA180. This problem appears to be caused by various issues such as speakers, cables, amplifiers, etc.

I read your posts and by coincidence I read about a similar problem on the RS150

Here the problem was wiring (or cables not matching sockets perfectly)

I suspect it’s the cables, one side is a few meters longer because the amplifier used to be on the side wall, so the banana plugs are quite loose from the previous speakers.There were tighter holes.
I guess I have to reconnect everything.

Hi Rogdar,

I read your reply just now. Did it help?

Yes, everything went back to normal, it was a problem with the speaker cables.

1 Like

Try to bi amp sounds incredible with bi amp