Roon Playlist Album Art not in Sync with Song

Has anyone noticed that if you play a playlist you created in Roon the album art sometimes sticks on the RS150B screen when the next song plays and the proper album cover isn’t displayed. The issue isn’t on the mobile app only the main unit display.

Hello,

I will check the issue, can you tell me one of the playlists you played?
Is it a playlist made by ROON?

Thank you.

Hi Roseloa,

Yes the playlist was created using Roon. It was a 80’s Mix I created. I tried again over the weekend and if I use the shuffle play it is fine it only happens when I use the play from here method.

I can confirm this issue still persists using the Roon app, Roon Radio playlist feature. The app shows the currently playing cover art while the Rose player screen gets stuck on earlier album art.

@rob63

I have a few questions.

1. What radio channels did you play before? Are these symptoms appearing on certain channels?
  2. Does this symptom only appear when playing the Roon Radio playlist?
  3. What is the Roon server (core) version you are using?
  4. For example, assuming that radio channels 1 to 5 are played in order, does the 1st album cover appear when the 2nd channel is played, and the 2nd album cover appears when the 3rd channel is played?

Thank you

1,2,4 I’ve had this happen when listening to an internet radio station and then switching to a Roon generated playlist. For example, the art for Radio station ABC will continue displaying with the song title currently playing from the internal SSD. Another example using Roon, play an album, cover art is displayed, after the last track Roon radio (on) selects a random similar track but last album cover art shows. As random songs are selected, sometimes the current cover art is displayed, sometimes it’s an earlier one. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern.
I don’t recall this happening using Rose app playlist feature. Perhaps a cache/buffer issue?
3. This happened with Roon 1.8 and still occurs with new version 2.0.

Hope that helps.

Hi,
Just wondering if any progress has been made on this issue? I use the Roon software interface exclusively with the 150B and this happens pretty much anytime I play tracks from different albums. It displays the previous album art for several tracks, catches up, then gets stuck again, etc. It’s particularly problematic with semi-random generated playlists like the Roon Radio playlist feature. Sometimes only the blank Rose emblem is displayed even though all files are properly tagged.

Thanks for your continuing support.

@rob63

I’m sorry for the late reply.

We had difficulty fixing this issue.
The related phenomenon is currently in a fixed state.
Currently, it is applied only to RS520, and will be applied to all models in the next update
The next update is scheduled for 12/13

Thank you

Even though I don’t have my RS150 yet, I’m currently having this issue with using my Oppo 203 as an endpoint to stream from my MAC core. Often when I switch to a different album, the artwork is still stuck on the previous album. Therefore it may be more of a ROON issue