Rose 2023 Wishlist

Apple Music Hi-res Lossless
Tune-In integration
Rose FM to match server locations added in weather app
EQ settings

@Carnel

Thank you for your comments.

We are here to answer your questions.

1. Apple Music supports lossless only for Mac-manufactured products, and technology disclosure for riding devices is still only up to aac256 bps, so lossless sound sources cannot currently be supported.
    In the future, if the technology for lossless music from Apple is disclosed, we will be able to apply it quickly.

2. We plan to make the RoseRadio more perfect because it is difficult to install the tune-in radio.

3. The RoseFM app currently has many difficulties in development. For example, we don’t know the frequency numbers for radios in all regions of the world, and each region has a different frequency number.

4. What part of the EQ settings do you mean?

Thank you

Thank you for the quick reply.

1. This makes sense. I know I have lossless on my android phone and tablet but I think you’re saying for the SDK perspective it’s not yet available.

2 and 3. Appreciate the feedback, looking forward to seeing those in the future.

1. After posting that one I thought of it more and realized it’s a bad idea, so disregard. :slightly_smiling_face:

Built-in true Chromecast.
This will allow casting from regular youtube if i want to.
and will also support Tidal connect !. so that I can use my own Tidal and cast to Rose.
This is for Rose 150

1 Like

Please add Tidal connect! Not only for me and i think for a lot of hifi Rose owner it will be good, a nessesary development, also Marketingwise it will be imho a sale argument … Tank you. Georg (RS250A)

1 Like

please add real chomecast to enable youtube streaming from the youtube app. i have also read this user request (and the request to add Tidal connect) in many forums. Thank You. Best Georg (RS250A)

Tidal Conenct – > Also for Rose 150 please :slight_smile:

Hello, after two weeks of use here is my conclusion.

• no UPnP
  • no Bauer Media Radio
  • Podcast App discontinued
  • Rose FM discontinued
  • 50% Radio Stations does not work
  • no BBC Sounds
  • no RadioTunes
  • Display dsf files only file name (no Title)
  • No Airplay 2
  • no Deezer
  • No TunIn
  • No Chromecast
  • no automatic musicsearch
  • and so on…

very disappointing.

1 Like

@jilk
We are sorry that we cannot accommodate all of your requests.

1. With this update, the Audirvāna _DLNA(UPNP) function has become available.
  2. We cannot add all the apps you want, such as Bauer Media Radio, RadioTunes, Deezer, Deezer, and Chromecast. If there is an app we want to add, we discuss it internally about the need, and if it is necessary, we do our best to contact the app and add it.
  3. When using Radio, please use the RoseRadio app.
  4. AirPlay is scheduled to be supported in the future.
    We plan to provide updates to existing products, but the timing has not been determined.

Dsp for me. Or add manual eq.

Another vote for DSP, or at least the ability to use an REW generated convolution file.

But first (on the RS130), fix gapless playback for DSFs. Fix popping when transitioning to/from PCM->DSF or DSF->PCM. Get the core functionality working before worrying about adding even more stuff. Thank you.

1 Like

Looks like more and more people are having this popping issue. This makes me, @GeorgeLor and @Tony22 @jefcrouch and a few others. Is there a fix underway @ROSEHAN.

Oh, about the DSF gapless playback - my $800 Holo Red can handle this perfectly. Shouldn’t be that hard to do, then. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

As predicted. Look what’s coming.

Lack of a larger screen is a minus but HDMI ARC just like Rose.
Plus DSP.
$2,000!

How far behind is the big display?
I’m thinking in time for Christmas + $250.

StandardModel

If I was HiFi Rose, I’d be thinking long and hard about how to get things moving. Eversolo, in the short time they’ve been in the market, has some great sounding gear (as good as Rose? I’m not sure) and an app that gets the fundamentals down and working. If Eversolo comes out with a streamer-only for about the same money as this A8, the RS130 won’t fare so well if the app continues to be in the shape it’s in.

2 Likes

Tony22,

In a long post a while ago I said the same thing to Rose. Essentially, either pick up your game or the Chinese will eat you.

StandardModel

1 Like

From what I understand, the folks using the DMP-A6 are quite pleased with the app. :man_shrugging:

Here’s a review comparing the HiFi Rose RS 130 ($5,195) to the Eversolo DMP A8 ($1,980)
By Steve Huff.

He loved the Eversolo but found the sound quality of the RS 130 slightly better. For 99% of buyers, good enough at less than half the price. Also, no surprise here, he found Eversolo’s software a lot better than the RS 130’s.

Prior comments about the Chinese gaining still stand.

StandardModel.

3 Likes

@StandardModel i saw that review as well. Looks like a very capable bit of kit with refined software and very responsive support staff. I am sure that unit will do very well.

Pretty sad criticism of the Rose app. :frowning_face: