Rose 2023 Wishlist

Back to the wishlist - real DSP (not a parametric EQ) for the RS130*.

*(after getting everything that’s broken, working).

The Rose RS130 is excellent hardware but I am in agreement with everyone here. They need to improve the software/firmware portion of things…

Rosehan,

Are there any instructions as to exactly which Audirvāna DLNA (UpNP) functions are available and how to implement them on Rose hardware?
It is clear that UpNP is functioning and that a server running Audirvāna can discover a Rose device at the IP level.

After discovery of the device, how does one actually use the normal DLNA functions to use the connection to allow Rose to see , select and control the Audirvāna songs and videos? It is my understanding that to do that it is necessary to implement an additional DLNA protocol, SOAP.

It does not appear that Rose has implemented the necessary Control messages protocol from DLNA which are expressed in XML using the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) to permit inspection and manipulation of the Audirvāna database which would provide the ability to inspect, select and play songs on Audirvāna from the Rose device.

Without this protocol the Rose device can’t access any data on the Audirvāna server or control it unless the direction to do so comes from an independent third piece of software.

I’ve asked for details several times. I would like to use the full DLNA abilities. It’s a good feature to be added, but I can’t.

Can you please tell me and the rest of the user community where HiFi Rose is in implementing a complete DLNA with SOAP so that HiFi Rose users can see, manipulate and play music on a server running Audirvāna’s DLNA without having to employ a third separate control program ?

StandardModel

2 Likes

true passthrough of DTS and AC3 5.1 content. Clean ejecting of external hard drives.
I’m currently troubleshooting all my broken *flac data on an external SSD. All with micro dropouts. I’ll know more in a few days.

I would like to be able to make the song title and artist info even larger on my RS250A by removing the cover art on the left side on the screen and use the whole screen for the information.

Please add SiriusXM.

Why should a low-quality service with very limited geographic footprint (and not available anywhere near Rose HQ) be a priority? There are far more interesting services out there.

There are far more critical items which need solving, but they won’t because their team is not up to it%!!! That’s why I will get rid off of that piece of crap :rage:

We’ve heard this for at least a year now… Just get a Sonos already, it seems to be simple enough to suit you.

You might believe in their capabilities, but ROSE cannot even solve the most straight forward problems. With my last problem they’ve said it needs a hardware solution. Do you understand what that means???
No, I am not going to buy a Sonos. I will buy either a LUMIN or AURENDER streamer. :+1:t2:

They are obviously more capable than Olive, which went out of business , and while Rose’s software quality is lacking most of the problems reported here somehow only happen to people who want to use I2S, don’t read release notes, are trying to use it as a media server, and generally can’t be trusted to use anything more complicated than Sonos.

Prediction is that a year from now you will still be bitching about something here because you obviously have an axe to grind.

…an interface HiFi Rose chose to provide, and as such have a responsibility to have it work correctly…

Wouldn’t you consider that fair? Personally I have no concern over any interface a user chooses, but any manufacturer has to insure that what they offer works, whatever it is.

Point being that those people generally have no idea what they are doing.

I would, for an actual defined interface. If Rose’s USB or one of the S/PDIF outputs did not work where everyone else’s does, it would be clearly a Rose problem. But I2S is not an (inter-device) interface, it’s a marketing gimmick that has no standard connector, pinout, electric requirements, or anything else that makes for an actual interface. It’s literally taking something designed only for connecting parts on a circuit board, over carefully designed traces of exact length, shoving it into whatever connector you could get on the cheap, possibly adding some random electric manipulation to make the signal actually travel over the length of interconnect, and hoping it works.

I am disappointed that Rose added it in the first place, but I guess business is business, and if audiophiles demand it, might as well sell it. But expecting that it will actually work, let alone work well, apart from the couple of “profiles” that Rose implemented, over some random connection is, IMHO, too much. You can’t properly design to a non-standard.

1 Like

I wonder how much you get paid by ROSE… I am most definitely will not use an item which is not fit for purpose!! And no, I am not stupid, but there are so many faults that it is simply unacceptable :+1:t2:

Well, when HiFi Rose asks you to define the requirements for their next product, you can put your keyboard to an additional use and write those requirements. :upside_down_face: Until then, they have the responsibility to get whatever features they provide, working on whatever devices they sell. Cheers! :beers:

If you’re trying to be funny, you’re failing at that, too.

Rose works well enough for my purposes, but then I am not trying to compare a streamer with a media server like you keep on doing.

It’s a great way to discover new music from a curated source. SiriusXM has hosts on their music channels as well as some talk shows and sports. Would be a great addition. Not everything has to be high-quality to be enjoyed (at least by me).

I tend to find new music through SiriusXM and then seek it out through sources like Qobuz for deeper listening.

But it’s still not (officially) available, even for streaming, outside of US and Canada.

It wouldn’t be bad to have it, just like a few dozen other services (I want Idagio) but it neither is available in Rose’s core markets nor offers impressive quality to showcase the hardware nor does it have so many users as to make not having it bad business. I don’t see it being a priority in near future…

j’ai eu le dmp-a8 ici pendant une semaine et demi et j’ai été déçu de sa qualité sonore le rs150b et ici depuis hier je trouve le son nettement meilleur par contre sa partie logiciel et application n’est clairement pas a la hauteur

Pouvez vous ajouter Lunéville/meurthe et Moselle /france a l’application météo ?