[Rose Platform 4.0] [OTA] SW Ver 4.0(Rose 4.0.08) OTA Release

Hello HiFiRose customers!

Distributed as the last update of the 2021.

• Update date: 2021/12/22 (Wed) PM 02:00 (GMT +9)
  • How to update: ROSE device > Settings → System Info → Click “Update”
  • Updated version: Ver 4.0 (Rose OS 4.0.08)
  • RoseConnect Premium for Android : Ver 4.0.08.3
  • RoseConnectPremium for iOS : Ver 4.02.06
  • Applicable models: RS150/RS201/RS250

[Update contents]

Added and improved features for RS201&RS150&RS250

• Clock (weather information) > Temperature setting (℃ and ℉) added

• ‘https’ channel can be added to Radio user channel

• Added Shazam auto close function when the song ends after searching for radio music

• When changing the audio format, the default value of Delay time is changed to 500ms

• Improvement of noise that occurs when changing PCM <-> DSD in some amplifiers

[RoseConnect Premium - Android]

• Added three-point menu button for recently played track/rose tube/favorite

• Share RoseTube → Add play option

• Searching in Qobuz → Add Most Popular

• Qobuz Playlist → Added ‘Description Add’

• Deleted “CD 1” UI when there is one Qobuz volume, and modified to show “CD 1/CD 2 …” when there are more than 2 volumes

• Added shuffle play to My Videos in Tidal Setting

2. System stabilization for RS201&RS150&RS250

• Fixed restart error when searching for integrated search on the main body

• Fixed an error where audio was muted for 1 to 2 seconds when playing RoseTube after connecting HDMI

• Fixed an error in which playback information was displayed as a file name when playing an album after DB scan was completed

• Bit information notation error in DSD file information has been fixed

• Fixed an issue where VU mode UI was maintained when switching to video after playing a soundtrack in the integrated playlist

• Fixed an error where the playback of a specific sound source ends after 1 to 2 seconds

• Fixed an issue where the text was displayed strangely when the music album title/artist/track was in Spanish

• Fixed an error that the playback screen did not appear on the Rose device when playing in RoseConnect → Music → Folder

• Improved the flickering issue of the playback screen or progress bar when playing Qobuz

• Tidal - My Tidal - Fix restart error when playing My Videos content

• Bugs/Qobuz/Tidal playback → Fixed app crash when deleting Rose Store data

• Fixed an error related to not showing album art

• Fixed the problem that WAV specific album (TVLG) does not play

• Fixed a problem that certain playlists (Tidal+Music) were not deleted

[RoseConnect Premium - Android]

• Fixed the problem that the first list is played regardless of the playback order when playing the shared page in the YouTube app

• Fixed an error related to not showing album art

• Fixed restart error in network related files when entering music after changing Wifi

• Fixed an error in the related content list ui when switching the current playback screen horizontally/vertically on the tablet

• FmRadio → Restart error when long-clicking RoseFav is fixed

• Modified to expose album art regardless of whether the Rose device’s DLNA is On/Off

• Fixed the problem that the order is not correct when entering an album without track information

[RoseConnect Premium - iOS]

• Additional improvement of ROSE login problem

• I/O setting > detailed setting (Output setting) modification

• Fixed album/playlist UI such as Music/Tidal/Qobuz

• Fixed the problem that music does not play in Rose Home > Favorites

• Radio https address can be added

• Fixed the problem that song information was not displayed on iPad

[Precautions]

1. Do not turn off the power of ROSE during software update.

Thank you.

3 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::musical_score::musical_score::musical_score::musical_score::musical_score::musical_score:
Merci .
Bonnes fêtes de fin d’année.

Fine! Thanks! For the support!:fire::fire::fire::+1::+1::+1:

Does RoseConnect Premium now need iOS 13 minimum after the update? I am using an older iPad on iOS 12.x and update does not work.

The minimum requirement for iOS is iOS 13.

Update without problems

Thank you.

Hopefully also for Rose Connect for windows next year.

Screen problems with laptop.

Your given list of Belgian Radio stations is very little.

I would like to provide you with a list of all available and found Belgian radio stations, including Dutch, French and German channels.
I would like to have the structure of the data table that we can both use.

Hello,

Please download a new version of RoseConnect for PC.

this is what i’ve been waiting for. having the option to select temperature unit to Fahrenheit.

Software update doesnt work.
Tried other internet connection.
When Downloading the remaining time stays on 0s
After a while it says “ERR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT” and it seems to stop the process.

The problem is that Tidal now says my software is too old…, so I can’t use Tidal.

I did a reboot and factory reset, but same problem.

I tried again, same messages and now I have “Checking the package. The device is going to reboot” on the screen. But that is there now for more than 30 minutes.

What to do? Do you have an USB version I can use to update the unit?

Small side note: I have Qobuz and Tidal. Qobuz only worked for a couple of hours on my ROSE150B… Never again after that…i do get the song I select, but a circle starts rotating around the play symbol, but it will never start playing. It does this when my output is on USB or and Balanced. Same story. I hope this is fixed in this update, if the update will work at all.

A bit of advice; don’t release an update just before christmas that can potentially run the unit useless.

I installed the update today, everything is fine. Thank you!!!

Hello,

We apologize for any inconvenience.
If you are still having problems, please check the message.

1 Like

I have same problem with downloading version 4.0.08 for ROSE 201 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hello,

If error keeps happening even after reboot, please check message.

Thank you,

This bug has not been fixed I mentioned in SW4.0.05 thread before:-
“When playing a series of DSD files, occasionally there was an annoying short “pop/crackle” noise before playing next song. This problem had been found in early V3.x firmware in my RS201 and solved in V3.8 completely. Unfortunately, it happens again in V4. Please debug ASAP, thanks!”

Hello, i just purchased a rose 250 and I have same problem with downloading version 4.0.08 for it. I’m connected to ethernet and have tried wifi as well, same err_connect_timeout message.@roseloa

Hello,

I sent email.

Glad it worked :slight_smile:

Hello,

I purchased a Rose 250 and can also not update to 4.0.08. Please help tot fix this problem.

Thank you,
Marcel

Hello 4.0.08. will not install Please help tot fix this problem. RS150. !

Hello! I just bought a new RS250… But I am having a hard time updating the system to 4.0… It will always say ERR_CONNECT_TIMEOUT… I tried WIFI, Ethernet, Hotspot for connections and still won’t download. PLEASE HELP… Thank you

Hello @Marcel , @Amsterdam and @HifiJune

I’m sorry about the update issue.

Would you check and message me…

1. ROSE ID → (ROSE device > Settings > SystemInfo > ROSE ID)
  2. Your region
  3. Your email address
  4. your ROSE device model

Click my profile and click ‘Message’ to send me message.

Best Regards,