RS130 clicks when changing the songs

iam excited user of RS130 bet… when change songs I have “Spark” clicks in the beginning of every song — very annoying. i try to play with the delay settings also switch between 2 different DAC ( PS audio DSD and RME 4/2) I use i2s and usb connection

1 Like

I have the same problem on the i2s output connected to the Rockna Wavedream, there are more of us with the same problem, for several months we have not received any response, they do not even tell us if they are working on solving it or not.

The clicking seems to come forth from the dac needing to resync its clock to the new incoming signal. Especially when there’s a change in sample rate. I don’t know what can be done on the streamer side, other than (incrementely) increase the start delay. Luckily, the Rose provides for this.
Perhaps someone else can shed more light on this topic?

Jobbie, in my own experience with DACs and things feeding them, this is a problem that seems to be tied to either side. I’ve had a given DAC exhibit this problem with one thing feeding it but not another, and vice versa. Sometimes the fix is on one end, sometimes the other.

1 Like

@ROSEHAN and @ROSELOA As I predicted others are having this issue and the numbers will increase as more users of the RS130 with varied connected DAC’s starting using the rs130. Have your engineers found the issue and decided on a fix for the spark / pop between songs with the RS130? A reply would be greatly appreciated as many of us have been waiting on a fix for this issue.

As I mentioned in a prior post I think it may have something to do with the way the cache is working in the RS130.

hello. I agree with all of you guys about that problem… This is so annoying . I get this unit for almost 5K and in my opinion this is ridiculous. their is lot of potential in this unit but looks like all engenders just ignore our request. I red some other posts here about many interesting ideas from all of you guys - for example - tidal connect or another very interesting exiting stuff about equalization . their is very powerful FPGA unit inside the RS130 . i was so excited about this unit after all those amazing reviews from YouTube but… seams like they get just free units for positive review. I use also PS audio direct stream DAC with bridge card installed. I can use DSD as the streamer, and after two days of testing and switching back ad forward i can say that DSD sounds better… Where is that quality ??? Did i miss something ???
Sorry for my poor English.

What interconnect (type, make and model) do you use between the Mk1 and the Rose, please?

What interconnect (type, make and model) do you use between the Mk1 and the Rose, please?

Although this is an entry level cable, I believe it should work well, as it’s coming from a reliable cable brand.
Ricable isn’t mentioning to what standard their pin layout is made. Perhaps this may prove to be crucial.

Next, with the DSD, you should choose I2S input type A on the Rose, if you haven’t done so already. Also, the length of the I2S should be as short as possible, say 0.5-0.6 m.

I hope this helps.

I have the RS130 connected via I2S to my PS Audio DirectStream and never get any clicking sounds. The I2S link runs faultlessly.

I use an AudioQuest HDMI, it is the 8K, 48Gbps model, but only the Pearl so relatively entry level.

2 Likes

i tried many other cables including not “entry level cables” LOL. This is not related to the cable.
I spoke with customer support about that problem and they know about that issue and don’t know how to fix it . The store manager from the place where i get this unit get exactly the same info … BTW the cable what i using was tested with many other similar settings and never give ma any troubles… Any way the Rose 130 its another toy with nothing related to hi-fi equipment in my opinion . Just big android phone on steroids. I returning this problematic device and exchanging for something called Aularic Aries G2.2. Mych better option …

Jobbie i don’t know who you are but just to let you know i know how to chose right I2S path and i know what cables using .

Please don’t misunderstand my offer to try help you out. That’s what this forum is meant for, in my opinion.
Anyway, sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Rose and good luck with the Aurelic.

1 Like

They right choice is not to use I2S in the first place, but people who believe that there are “not entry level cables” just have to keep on trying…

Yes i can confirm. Aurelic is like white and black compared t Rose…

They right choice is not to use I2S in the first place??? what that means ?? as far i know I2S is the best possible connection between the streamer and DAC. This kind of connection is used in industry for years… for example CD player…

I2S is a perfectly fine connection for connecting chips inside a single device using carefully designed traces on a circuit board, with everything being very close and running off of the same clock inside that device.

Works perfectly fine for that; I am sure inputs on the Rose are connected to the DAC chip using I2S. Because that’s the only thing it is for.

It has never been intended or designed for connecting multiple devices together. That there is no standard connector, cabling, voltage, or signaling standard should be a hint. Nobody in “the industry” uses I2S for connecting any kind of professional equipment together. Other than supporting higher bit rates, it offers zero advantages over optical or coax, while having all of their shortcomings (tying the DAC to source clock, susceptibility to jitter, etc) and adding, as we can seed here, a whole slew of compatibility issues, as each vendor hopes that if they manage to sell you on the I2S myth, you will buy the whole new set of equipment from them, using whatever proprietary interconnects their specific boxes are using. Sure, sometimes you can get boxes from different manufacturers to talk to each other over I2S, if they happen to agree on one of a zillion possible ways to shoehorn it into whatever completely inappropriate cable (be it HDMI, obviously designed for something else entirely, or a stack of BNC coaxes, or something else some vendors used), it is purely by accident. And in reality, that “I2S” that comes out of the end of an HDMI cable, for various electrical reasons isn’t the same I2S that can be put onto internal I2S bus and needs to go through more electrical processing than even a USB signal.

Optical or coax at least have a defined S/PDIF standard for moving digital audio. USB of course has standards for moving just about anything. They work perfectly well and with anything (USB, being immune to timing errors, somewhat better, coax and optical, having been around for decades, more interoperable and allowing for longer cable runs). I2S, when it works, does so by accident, and with zero advantages over just using USB. Or even a good old coax.

Even if there were any reason to keep a streamer and a DAC separate (there isn’t really, unless you really want to use some very specific, highly distorting DAC… I guess some people like Lampizators and the like, nothing wrong with that), there’s no reason to connect them with something not designed for connecting devices in the first place, and the keep complaining that it does not work.

their is one big advantage and i can hear that . keeps everything separated . all clocks and data…
any dac what i used wits Is2 connections sounds better then standard digital connections.
I do not agree with you at all…

1 Like

Apart from there being no need for or advantage to that “keeping everything separated” it does not even make any sense. With I2S you are pushing the clock across the connection, even though any half-decent DAC has its own, perfectly good clock.

Sorry, but no, it doesn’t; you just believe that it should. I’ll bet you an annual QObuz subscription that in a blind test you will absolutely not tell them apart.

Some people do not agree that the Earth is round – after all, they see perfectly well, with their own eyes, that it is flat. But it is round nonetheless.

And I2S is still the worst possible way to connect devices. Not so much because it sounds any different. Not so much because it sounds any different (it does not) but because it is always problematic.