RS130 won't output Native DSD on USB Output

No such thing exists.

Native DSD is… DSD.

Maximum rate of DoP DSD transmission is determined by the max PCM rate DAC accepts.

BorisM, I don’t get intention of your comments.

Premium USB cables exist if you have access to copper mill, extremely expensive machines, engineering knowledge and techniques developed over the years, creating cables by your own hands. What impact that cables have on sound quality is another story. I just wanted to point out that the cable is not the cause of the problem. Of course, the cheapest available cables should work as well.

Native DSD is the option selected in RS130 for transport method for DSD signal. And Native DSD is indeed DSD, again I am missing your point.

You are right about technical explanation for DoP DSD transmission rate. I am aware of that.

If you are able to help, you are welcome!

Thanks ZABOKS! I appreciate your reply and testimony that RS130 is working with your MSB DAC. I can only assume the problem is related between RS130 <-> DA2 DAC communication protocols. I can only see that McIntosh DA2 DAC states:
Additionally, the DA2’s USB input can support native playback of up to DSD512, surpassing the DSD256 limit of the DA1. here:

What is happening under the hood I am unable to understand without ROSE support help.

Thanks again!

Well, exactly. There are two types of USB cables. Ones that conform to the USB specification, and ones that do not. That is not in any way correlated with price of the cable.

So where does PCM conversion come into play?

This might be something where Rose would need to provide real help, but generally Native DSD works well from Windows if you have a device driver from the manufacturer. From Mac there is no Native DSD at all (with possible rare exceptions of manufacturers going to trouble of writing custom drivers). On Linux there might be Native DSD support for some devices if proper drivers were baked into the kernel. Since Rose runs Android, so basically Linux, there may be some DACs that RS130 can recognize and know that they can handle Native DSD , but as a general case I would look for confirmation from Rose that it even should output it…

I wanted to translate what my German friend said above. The RS130 puts out DSD bit perfect over USB 2.0. Only encapsulation is DoP v1.0, which doesn’t mean the actual stream is PCM. Paul McGowan from PS Audio wrote an article about this.

I guess in the pic above you can see that the RS130 does play the music file in DSD512 (that’s my comment). Also, I noticed that the volume is a lot lower when comparing max PCM and DSD playing through Roon.

I am not sure if this is correct though. Feels like I wasted a lot of $$ on the RS130. When I use a $170 Raspberry PI4 plus RoPieee software I built, I get native DSD to my DAC. With the $5k Rose RS130 I get the DoP Encapsulation. Sad to say, the little Raspberry sounds a lot better.

Raspberry:

RS130:

It must be a configuration problem as my RS130 can output native DSD…

I believe I know all the configuration options / screens and hence wouldn’t know what to configure differently . Btw, other than max DSD rate, the options are configure exactly the same for the above two steamers with different outcomes.

Did you try the USB3 ports as well ?

Yep… no difference. Thx, though. At least I am not alone with this issue as there are many threads about the same issue.