RS150 setup for Roon and HQ Player

Hi,
I just purchased a RS150B and I have two issues related to Roon,
(1) I cannot see RS150 as Roon Ready device. I can only see it as Other network device via airplay. Why is that? Is there any setup needs to be done?
(2) I connect a Raspberry Pi NAA (running Moode) to RS150, and when I try to play music in Roon with output to hq player, the hq player went on only few seconds without any sound and then stop. moreover, I noticed that HQ player cannot recognize the NAA anymore, I need to restart the NAA again. What is the possible cause of it? By the way, I used to use this same NAA to connect to a very old USB DAC and it just works fine without any problem.

Please advise what should I do to resolve above issues.

Thanks, Edward

Hello! I have been thinking of purchasing a RS150 and I am a heavy Roon user as well. I have been scanning the HiFi Rose Community boards looking at problems and positive things current owners are experiencing with this unit. I saw you post and wanted to ask a few questions if you do not mind. How has your experience been? I had heard some things do not work with Roon, like all the VU Meters and things like that. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

just wondering, did you ever get a response back from anyone about Roon and your RS150B integration? I have an RS150B and am thinking about adding Roon, but don’t want to do so if I lose the functionality of the VU meters or other features. Have you been about to use Roon successfully with your RS150B and would you recommend it?

Hey Joe. Thanks for reaching out. I love the RS150. It is truly incredible. However, the VU meters do not work when using Roon. I tried Audirvana for a bit and they work fine with it. They also work fine when using files attached to the RS150 via hard drive, etc. I do not know why they do not work when using Roon. I went back to Roon because it is a much superior program and application compared to Audirvana. I am hoping with a firmware update in the future the VU meters will work with Roon. I suppose in my case, seeing the artwork and file info is much greater than the VU meters. Plus both of my TEAC power amps have VU meters on them. I do use the VU meters on the RS150 with all other inputs including my turntable via line in and my television via optical in. Hope this helps!

I have the Roon Nucleus and have been using Roon with my RS150 for several months. Other than the vue meter issue already mentioned, it has worked flawlessly for me.

Thanks, Rich

Here is a screenshot showing the rs150 under Roon Ready category

So how have you connected the two devices? I’m using a MacBook pro for roon core?