RS250 on Qobuz - Skips to Next Song Frequently

Hi All,

I recently purchased a RS250, and added my Qobuz account. On many occurrences I’ll be listening to a song, and it’ll just stop and proceed to the next song. Has anyone else experienced this and figured out a fix?

Thanks,

Brent

1 Like

Hi Brent,

I listen very frequently to Qobuz on my RS250 and I don’t have that problem.
I know that on Qobuz there are albums or tracks that are only as “sample” available. Those tracks are only played for 30 seconds.
Can it be that this is the case?

Grtz Hendry

Hi, thanks for this thought. I have had instances where it’s skipped, and I’ve gone back and the song plays in full on the second try, so I don’t think I’m accidentally playing the sample tracks.

Thanks,

Brent

Hello,

Are you saying that the song starts playing and then goes to the next song in the middle of playing?
Do you have the same problem with TIDAL or Rosetube?

If that’s okay with you, can you try RS250 > Settings > System Settings > Factory Reset?

I haven’t used Tidal, and only a 30-60 minutes of RoseTube. I just swapped out my ethernet cable to see if that helps, as I also noticed it does this a lot when I resume playing, after being paused for awhile, from the middle of a song.

If this doesn’t clear it up I’ll try the factory reset.

Thanks,

Brent

So far so good on the ethernet cable switch. I think I have only had it skip forward once, and that was after playing a qobuz song that had been on pause for over an hour. Not sure whether the buffering has trouble with that scenario.

I’m very pleased that the cable switch seems to have cleared this up. Hope others find this if they have the same issue.

Hi.

I have that problem. I can listen to Qobuz in my computer, or iPhone, but when I try on my Rose, it changes songs every 30 seconds. It’s the same account I own, and I can’t seem to fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @Jurassonic

I have sent you a message.
Please reply after confirmation.

Thank you

Hello,

I got the same problem as Jurassonic.
I got recently disconnect from my qobuz account, so reconnecting to it and now all the songs are just 30 sec like it’s some preview. It’s the same account as my other device and everything works fine on them.

It is possible to know to resolve this ?
Thanks in advance
Best

@Jory

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please check a few things.

1. Delete and reinstall your RoseConnect app.
  2. Log out of your Qobuz account and log in again.

Thank you

Hi, I have the same problem, my RS 201 only plays 30 seconds of every track when using qobuz. This is the first time I have tried to listen to my Rose streamer since I turned off my phone to fly back to Manchester from Belfast,Northern Ireland and wonder if that has anything to do with it. Qobuz works no on my phone but not on my Rose, I have tried deleting roseconnect and logging in and out of qobuz several times but it is still the same. I have not updated to the latest version on my Rose that has recently been released as comments suggest there are some problems with it.
I am not very tech minded so if you could give me step by step advice how to fix this that would be great.

Many thanks, Rob

Can I add that my RS 201 Rose I’d is OB4631,

thanks, Rob

I have the same problem!
I own a RS250, serial NO. ESL202AB000122 2022.02

I also cannot use RoseTube propely after the latest software update. Sound works fine, but no video any longer.
I have Analog Out as my Output setting. Before the update video worked fine.

BR;
/Torkel

@TAA

@TAA

1. When you play Rostube, there is no sound but the video does not play. Does that mean that the video does not come out on the TV when connected to the TV? Or is the video not showing on the Rose device?
  2. If the video does not play on the TV, use Rose device–>Settings–>Display–>HDMI resolution–>sellect low resolution and gradually increase the resolution as the video appears on the TV.
  3. If the video does not play on the TV, have you tried changing the TV ON/OFF icon to ON on the Rose device?
  4. If the video does not play on the TV, check whether your HDMI cable is properly connected to the TV and set the external input on the TV to match the terminal to which the HDMI cable is connected.
  5. If my answer is not helpful, please send a video or a detailed explanation of your symptoms to the email below.
    eunseong96@citech.kr
  6. Is Rose device–>RoseStore–>Rosetube updated to the latest version?
  7. Please try factory reset
    RS250–>Settings–>System settings–>Factory reset.

Thank you

@Ziggy

1. When using the RoseConnect app, do you use Android or iPhone?
  2. Do you have a subscription to Qobuz’s own app?

Currently, the iOS RoseConnect app is being modified for Qobuz and Tidal.

Thanks for your quick reply,

1. I am using a Google Pixel 4a5g android phone, my sim only deal has just upgraded to 5g but is still using the same sim card.
  2. Yes, I have a Qobuz subscription and it works on my other streamer and my phone with no issues.

Thanks, Rob

Same problem as Ziggy here.

I just subscribed to the one month free trial on Quobuz since Tidal dropped MQA.

Quobuz play just fine on my iPhone but only 30 seconds sample for every songs I choose on my Hifi Rose RS 520.

I erased the Rose Connect app and downloaded it again and no success.

Really unfortunate as I think yhe sound of Quobuz clearer and thighter than Tidal FLAC Hi-res for the little I experienced.

Hello,
Any update on the Qobuz olnly playing 30 seconds of every track? I have tried your suggestions of deleting and reinstalling Roseconnect and then signing out and back into Qobuz every day for a week now and still only 30 seconds playback is available. Qobuz is still working ok on my android phone and another streamer so it must be a HiFi Rose problem.

Thanks, Rob

Dear Rose users

It has been confirmed that the cause of this symptom is that the Qobuz login method has changed and the versions of the Rose device and RoseConnect app are both out of date.

1. Please tell us the version information of your Rose device.
    Please check if Rose device–>Settings–>System info–>System version information–>4.15 (Official) is displayed.

2. Please delete and reinstall the RoseConnect app.
    RoseConnectPremium for iOS: Ver 4.08.05
    RoseConnectPremium for Android: Ver 4.15.12

3. Is there anyone using PC RoseConnect?

Hello,
under system version information on my Hi Fi Rose 201 ( ID OB4631 ) I have 4.7 and under details,
Rose Qobuz 4.6.06.5 . My Roseconnect app is 4.15.12.5, I have tried again today, deleting Roseconnect, signing out and back into Qobuz and I am still only getting 30 seconds of each track.
Do I have to update to the latest software version on my streamer for this to be fixed?
I saw that there were problems with the latest update so have held off updating, if updating is necessary, are all the problems solved?

Thanks, Rob